8 2 3.39%
9 1 1.69%
10 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Aug 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2262592)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the GP of Hungary

Rate it...
Old 3 Aug 2008, 14:20 (Ref:2262611)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
7 for me, and probably would've been an 8 had Hamilton's puncture not deprived us of a gripping fight for the lead.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2262615)   #3
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a solid 7. It was looking like an 8 or 9 when Massa and Hamilton were setting themselves up for a fight to the finish, dropped back to a 6 after Hamilton's tire woes, then bumped back up to a 7 as Massa's car slowed to a halt on the pit straight.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2262622)   #4
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Predictably on a Hungarian track where overtaking is next to impossible, a snoozefest after lap 1. I'll give a 4, only because of Massa's great move at the start.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2262629)   #5
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 for me - I found it very boring - Maybe beacause of my hangover
Old 3 Aug 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2262640)   #6
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 - I fell asleep... probably not helped by the fact the tide turned and my signal dropped on big TV so had to watch it through the snowy TV from my bed!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2262664)   #7
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 at best - a boring race, with a few good moments at the beginning and some unexpected developments at the end.

NPP
Old 3 Aug 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2262667)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5. Ive seen far worse in Hungary. This race was action packed by Hungarian standards.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2262678)   #9
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-8 for the circuit
+1 for Massas move on Hamilton
+1 for Glocks race

~ 4 points at best
Old 3 Aug 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2262704)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A six.

Apart from Massa's pass on the Macca's there was little in the way of close battles down the field,unless you consider running line astern one second behind the car in front a close battle.

Once again car/tyre/fuel rig failure spiced things up.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2262709)   #11
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7, very good even excellant for the Hungaroring
Old 3 Aug 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2262772)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
My rating: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I gave it a 5 - that's 3 for the racing and 2 bonus points for Heikki winning.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 3 Aug 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2262792)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Lewis gets a puncture and my 3 fave drivers on the podium. Woulda been 10 had Lewis not finished.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2262817)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave this race a 7.. Blistering start from Felipe Massa, great recovery from Lewis after his punture...Timo Glock great job my son under pressure from the ..Kimster you are screaming around the place in the last ten laps?
Old 4 Aug 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2262936)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
..Kimster you are screaming around the place in the last ten laps?
To be fair,he was held up by Alonso for most of the race.And as we know,Alonso in a Renault is very good at keeping those red Ferrari's at bay.

He did however back off somewhat after Massa's engine expired!
Old 4 Aug 2008, 04:23 (Ref:2262971)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8, would of been a ten if Massas Ferrari had held together.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 05:10 (Ref:2262979)   #17
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
3..... Somewhere between watching paint dry any watching grass grow....Unless theres sheep eating the grass as it grows,which then makes it very exciting.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2262994)   #18
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for what I have seen, too busy at the Coombe, first time in 40 years, has not improved much, still no lecy points, organisation of paddock a bit shambolic, and they moan about Silverstone, Ring next week, you vill park THERE! und do as you are ordered.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2263067)   #19
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

dissapointing, hardly a show for the fans more an hour and half advertising board circullating on a track.Instead I watched the 1989 race with Mansell in the Ferrari from 12th just to show how it should be done.

Last edited by Icebaby; 4 Aug 2008 at 09:30.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2263262)   #20
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 3 emotions in the race: Massa passing the Macs at the start; Lewis' puncture; Massa engine failure.
In a normal race I'd go for a 4, but for a Hungary GP, it's quite above average therefore I voted 7
Old 4 Aug 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2263372)   #21
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll give it a seven. Against all expectations I really quite enjoyed it.

Massa and Glock were great. Alonso and Raikkonen weren't nearly as exciting as they should've been but suddenly Raikkonen came alive and torched everyone. Hamilton and Kubica lost out quite badly, trumped as they were by Heikki Kovalainen for his first grand prix win. The Hungaroring delivered its seventh different winner in a row - and in a cruel twist of fate it was not the man we believed, for sixty-seven laps, that it would be. Classic!
Old 4 Aug 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2263455)   #22
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 Could have been a 9 if you could actually pass at this circuit.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 5 Aug 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2263735)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
6 for me
Old 5 Aug 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2263919)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hard one to nail down.
the racing has been great this year, but has often come down to weather or an incident spicing things up.
after quali i figured we would be in for a regular parade, but Massa really did liven things up at the start and an unexpected podium for Glock and then the blow up and Kimi's last minute wake up call kept it interesting until the end.
so on the basis of exceding expectations, gave it a 7.