Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Oct 2001, 23:44 (Ref:161739)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Official Moronic Season thread

Ok, lets have a crack it...

HRT- It has been reported that Bright is leaving...where to? I don't know... But Skaife is a cert to stay.
Kmart- Someone from this team is moving on, I have a feeling it is Murphy who will go back to the red team.
Romano- From all accounts has had enough of the John Crennan way of doing things, and will be taking his franchise elsewhere. Where is elsewhere? Could it be PHR, Briggs, his own set up?
Nash- Probably becomes the Kmart team. (?)
Perkins- Will Larry be retiring? Also, reports going around suggest that Ingall is leaving the team...surely he wouldn't move over to Ford, he's like Murphy, and is very loyal to the General.
GRM- Tander should stay, but Bargs might be on the outer. Ferrier should still have a Konica drive. Apparently a part of their Cummins money might be on the way to the fourth Briggs car (there is a CAT/Cummins tie up in there...).
FTR- The only silly one coming from these parts is a possible merger with Gibson....which I can't see happening in a blue moon.
Gibson- Apparently Crompton is on the outer- Bowe might be a shot at a drive with his old boss. Also Forbes is rumoured to be unwelcomed there next season. Also, will they be running any Konica cars next season? The cars are supposedly on the move...
DJR- Not much is happening here, people say that they might run a third car, they could I guess do it, but I can't see it happening.
SBR- Ambrose is safe until the end of time, but Besnard has been told to pull his finger out, or else it's the scrap heap for him.
JFR- Don't really know what is happening there- but a strong one going around is that John and the franchise might go elsewhere, although I'm pretty sure that would only be a last resort.
AJH- A new (read old) Holden team on the Gold Coast with Andrew Haberfield and Alan Jones being involved. Could AJ have a drive, or will Christian get a go?
Paragon- Goners, the team is for sale, and expect to see a lot of it wind up at Briggs.
BJR- Reading between the lines, Cam McLean might have a drive there.
Briggs- Hrmm, hmm and hmmm. There is the CAT car, the two Betta Electrical cars, and a possibly CAT/Cummins car. Wills might wind up in the CAT car, but the other 3 aren't quite clear yet.
PHR- Of course after Tony Noske left the team, will Mark follow? Will Bowe link up there? Will Baird be able to keep his drive?
Toll- A second car might be used next season- Christian Jones has tested for them before, or could this be a FFord drive? They already have three cars in the shed...
PMR- Appart from Morris, there might be a second VX/VT, and the very real possibility of a car in the Konica Series. Of course Stichbury is a chance there, but Will Power might also be a shot.
IMS- Apparently this could become the Brock/Harrop etc superteam.
Lansvale- things should be steady there for next season.
RPM- Canto out, Scifleet, or someone with suitable budget in.
Mezera- Is his team done for good?
PWR- Dugal McDougall will be going there for next season.

Who have I missed?

Now, who are the people to fill these seats?
Bowe, Ritter, Wakefield, Canto, Dumbrell, Jones, Ingall, Bright etc etc etc...

I love it! Your thoughts?
Old 17 Oct 2001, 01:22 (Ref:161757)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for laying all that out for us Crash - my brain now really hurts.

Cheers, Buck.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 04:01 (Ref:161789)   #3
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Official Moronic Season thread

My thoughts:

HRT- Skaife, Murphy
Kmart- Kelly, Ingall
Perkins- Bargwanna, McConville
GRM- Tander, Wakefield
FTR- Seton, I've heard Richards is looking shaky, but I think he'll stay.
Gibson- Why would Crompton be on the outer? It's not like he's had a chance to shine. Lowndes, Crompton
DJR- Radisich, Johnson
SBR- Ambrose, Besnard
BJR- Jones, McLean
Briggs- Ritter, Canto
PHR- Bowe, Noske
PMR- Morris, Neal
PWR- Weel, McDougall

Jason Bright will go to the States (I hope!!!!!) If not, I reckon he could get a ride at Perkins, GRM, FTR.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 04:08 (Ref:161791)   #4
Shazza
Rookie

Argentina
Adelaide, Australia
Shazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMR - Stichbury is confirmed to be driving the Big Kev VT in the Konica Series.
And I am still fairly certain there will only be one Nemo Racing VX running in the Shell Series (most of the time anyway), contrary to recent rumours...
Old 17 Oct 2001, 04:15 (Ref:161793)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shazza- that sounds pretty good, we'll go with it then From all told, Neal is likely to be spending much more time at home next year...

Ingall going to Kmart would make sense, but it isn't what I've heard...

I agree with Mac re- Crompton.... he hasn't exactly done anything wrong appart from get punted off in QLD...

If Bargs if out at GRM, where would he wind up?

Pretty sure McConville has signed up with LRT again, but what is a contract worth these days?
Old 17 Oct 2001, 04:33 (Ref:161796)   #6
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brad Jones has increased funding from Ford and a long term deal with Ozemail after his Bathurst effort.

A second car for someone could be on the cards.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 05:47 (Ref:161802)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How much do you believe is true ?
Old 17 Oct 2001, 07:01 (Ref:161816)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
bloody awesome effort Crash ..im gonna take my time over the next few days to digest all of this ..it is crazy isnt it..maybe everyone is leaving everyone ..who knows..put everyones names in a hat and pull them out for whatever car you want ..sounds pretty damm good to me

ooowwwww me noggin hurts now
Old 17 Oct 2001, 07:10 (Ref:161820)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
D.R.T.- To the best of my knowledge, a lot of it is true/very possible.

I think the best way to settle this maybe a game of musical chairs...
Old 17 Oct 2001, 08:49 (Ref:161833)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the extra money from Ford could we see a second BJR car with Bowe at the wheel, he seemed quite comfortable in their surroundings at Bathurst.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 09:54 (Ref:161867)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that maybe Bowe in the second BJR car. I didn't think that Brad and JB were all that close, maybe a deal was being organised at Bathurst. Or if Crompton is on the outer at Gibson, maybe Bowe will take the second seat and Cromton will end up with his old mate Jones at BJR.

Who Knows

On Matt Neal, i read somewhere around the time of the Oran Park SCS round that Neal was racing the second Big Kev car next season. That was of course before he wrote off the new car and before RJN Motorsports wouldn't let him off for Bathurst, i heard he will be with MG in the BTCC. Be good if Stitchbury got a chance, deserved it earlier.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 10:49 (Ref:161886)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash,

An excellent effort. What is to become of Bright? Hopefully something more than home grown V8's.

Of Bowe and the CAT meltdown, does anyone think that The Jones Mob are going to be more convincing on the track?

Of Bargs and anybody? Why worry.

Of Ingall leaving Perkins Engineering. What is the up side for Russell. It's not like his car is uncompetitive in Castrol livery.

Of Neil leaving GMS. Was he ever there?
Old 17 Oct 2001, 13:13 (Ref:161943)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
After some discussions tonight, I'm rather certain that John Bowe will be doing a lot more 'Prancing' in the future
Old 18 Oct 2001, 11:23 (Ref:162439)   #14
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from Adelaide and Bathurst the season has been very boring. One of the worst on record.