Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Nov 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2981177)   #76
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alexander Rossi has said that FR 3.5 is a possibility for next year.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2981885)   #77
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Alexander Rossi has said that FR 3.5 is a possibility for next year.
Since he's back by Tony Fernadez' F1 team, I most likely see him do GP2 with Caterham Air Asia.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2981890)   #78
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it would depend on the financial cost of gp2 and if they're smart, the opposition too. rossi has said in the past he simply can't find the extra money for gp2.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2981997)   #79
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know the inclination is always "move up whenever there's an offer," but it's really not going to hurt Alex Rossi any to do WSR instead of GP2. The Air Asia team is not very strong, and I personally think spending time losing your confidence for a year isn't going to help. I'd rather find a way to save my money for the future (since F1 drives don't come free) and contend for a title in a series that's honestly not much, if at all, below GP2.

I also feel as though he has unfinished business in WSR. He has a habit now of impressing in winter testing, winning the first race, and then disappearing until later in the season.

But I also think he knows Tony Fernandes is his "in" and he'll have to see what Caterham would like for him to do. I'm not much of a fan of his, so I guess I'd rather him be in GP2 which I don't follow than here.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2982007)   #80
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think rossi himself made a valid point when he said there's not really much difference between the fr3.5 and gp2 cars - gp2 obviously has a bit more power, and better brakes but around the corners he thinks if anything the fr3.5 is a little better. it would be very interesting to hear a comparison once the new car is on the circuit with teams. if that's the case and you're already under the wing of a f1 team... why lose a year of knowing the circuits and a team in favour of a move in front of f1 teams where you *could* get a kicking? the red bull guys have shown it doesn't really make any difference as to how you're seen by f1 journos and spectators - if anything it's a bit of a bonus being away from f1...
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2983477)   #81
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 season

Any more news on a british round for 2012.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 13:22 (Ref:2983559)   #82
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be very surprised if there is one. Renault are unwilling to pay policing costs.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2983563)   #83
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
there will be a fr3.5 round on the support bill for something else though, but given the option i'd rather they went for monza instead of a token round at silverstone or donington. and anything but brands hatch.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2983585)   #84
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
there will be a fr3.5 round on the support bill for something else though, but given the option i'd rather they went for monza instead of a token round at silverstone or donington. and anything but brands hatch.
Blasphemer!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2983587)   #85
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
police on scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
I'd be very surprised if there is one. Renault are unwilling to pay policing costs.
Policing costs, never heard of the police making much of a apperance unless it has the title gp in the event
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2983588)   #86
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Blasphemer!
seriously? big single seaters going round brands? it really hasn't worked in a long time! if you're watching the cars go past it's fab, if you're trying to watch the race... well, take a pillow and a blanket.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2983591)   #87
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
Brands?

Quote:
seriously? big single seaters going round brands? it really hasn't worked in a long time! if you're watching the cars go past it's fab, if you're trying to watch the race... well, take a pillow and a blanket.
Indy or Gp, Brands hatch.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:42 (Ref:2983592)   #88
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
both. the gp circuit isn't much better than the indy for overtaking, though it looks superb fun to drive.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2983695)   #89
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
One out of leftfield....

The Rock!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2983698)   #90
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think you'd end up with 26 sick notes for that one
Old 9 Nov 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2983700)   #91
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Half decent track though?

Nah it won't fit the line we've all been following about 3.5 going on a bill with another big series will it?

There are more developments about FIA GT/3 not going to Silverstone either so I reckon both of them will be at Donington instead.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:59 (Ref:2983765)   #92
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
FR 3.5 is the closest thing to the early 90's F3000 going on at the moment, and that was good racing they had at Brands.

I wish I was cognizant of my surroundings in the early 90's. It was just a great time for a racing fan. Today's world just sucks in comparison. Bring back tobacco sponsorships!
Old 12 Nov 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2984779)   #93
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The WEC calendar has been released, and Silverstone is on August 25th... the same weekend as F.Renault 3.5's "TBC".... so doesn't it seem highly likely that this will be the talked about UK appearance as a support event?

Curiously the 6 Hours is scheduled for a Saturday running.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2984827)   #94
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
The WEC calendar has been released, and Silverstone is on August 25th... the same weekend as F.Renault 3.5's "TBC".... so doesn't it seem highly likely that this will be the talked about UK appearance as a support event?

Curiously the 6 Hours is scheduled for a Saturday running.
Got to be it hasn't it?

Brilliant news!
Old 12 Nov 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2984842)   #95
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think i've said it before, but i'm really disappointed with the 2012 calendar. this need to cling onto silverstone despite the fact there's no real (non-contractual) reason to bother seems daft. especially if the timetable is going to include racing on a friday.

(i'm still stroppy about the loss of monza, does it show at all? )
Old 12 Nov 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2984921)   #96
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Nah, you're just a enthusiastic nomad!!

A British round is an absolute must because of the market, teams and drivers.

It's a shame we can't have 2, but then Spain and France take precedent for the manufacturer and series organisers i'm sure.

I really would have been devastated if if the series missed these shores, almost like I was back when F3000 went from 4 rounds in the UK down to 1, which happened to be the venue furthest away from where I lived at the time.

What will interest me is how many spectators will pay to see it, even when latched onto another international series like WEC?
Old 22 Nov 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2989988)   #97
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
italiaracing have published the list of driver for monday's "champions" test at motorland. it'll be followed up with 2 days of collective testing for everyone else.

Quote:
BVM Target
Sergio Campana (1° F.3 Italia) - Yuhi Sekiguchi (1° F.3 Japan)
Epic/Dams
Felipe Nasr (1° British F.3) - Fabiano Machado (1° F.3 Sudam)
Carlin
Kevin Magnussen (2° British F.3) - Carlos Sainz (1° F.Renault NEC)
Fortec
Carlos Huertas (3° British F.3) - Alex Lynn (1° F.Renault UK)
Comtec
Roberto Merhi (1° F.3 Euro e Trophy) - Robin Frijns (1° Euro F.Renault)
Tech 1
Marco Wittmann (2° F.3 Euro e Trophy) - Will Stevens (4° Euro F.Renault)
Pons
Daniel Juncadella (3° F.3 Euro) - Daniel Abt (3° F.3 Trophy)
Charouz
Richie Stanaway (1° F.3 tedesca) - Marco Sorensen (2° F.3 tedesca)
KMP
Javier Tarancon (1° F.Renault ALPS) - Stoffel Vandoorne (3° F.Renault NEC)
Draco
Yann Zimmer (2° F.Renault ALPS) - David Fumanelli (2° F.3 Open)
P1
Daniil Kvyat (2° F.Renault NEC) - Valtteri Bottas (1° GP3)
ISR
Alex Fontana (1° F.3 Open) - Fabio Gamberini (3° F.3 Open)
source: http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=33946&cat=5
Old 22 Nov 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2990129)   #98
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Wow that's a fantastic testing line up!!

Imagine if most of that lot actually did the series, and throw in Korjus, Bottas, Williamson, Merhi, Rossi and a few other returnees.....
Old 24 Nov 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2990840)   #99
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Autosport ISR are testing Dean Stoneman alongside Fontana. It's great they haven't forgotten him. No-one's expecting too much, all part of his rehabilitation, but hopefully he shows some of his old speed
Old 24 Nov 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2990841)   #100
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
According to Autosport ISR are testing Dean Stoneman alongside Fontana.
Perhaps a different day to the above.