Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give this year's Korean Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 1 1.82%
8 13 23.64%
7 18 32.73%
6 13 23.64%
5 3 5.45%
4 5 9.09%
3 2 3.64%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Oct 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3314021)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
I must be a bit odd.
Watching cars in a close battle is great. Maybe better if it is for the lead, but as entertainment there was some pretty good stuff a bit further back.
And the TV director stuck with it because Hamilton was involved!!!!
If they concentrated on the battles more perhaps the ratings would improve.
Gave it an 8

Err, wasn't Hamilton involved in the only major battle of the race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post

BUT, i saw Grosjean try to put Raikkonen into a grandstand.

Man, I just love exageration.......
Old 7 Oct 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3314032)   #27
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best race so far, gave it a big 9 enjoyed it from go to finish.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3314033)   #28
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Terrible circuit, however the race itself wasn't all that bad. Also, in the era of OTT track safety, who passed that final corner as safe? Its a full throttle right hander with a wall at the track edge and not a tarmac run off in sight...?
Old 7 Oct 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3314046)   #29
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Well that's because of all the skyscrape..........er.......s........

Oh, yeah.

It does look completely daft having a street circuit in the middle of nowhere. Almost like Geoff Crammond's 'GP2' when you turn all the trackside objects off.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3314069)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
If it hadn't been for the things that made this race interesting it would have been dull. 1/10 from me.
Quote:
Which in the history of the sport is very unusual.
Loving the sarcasm.

Quote:
I've not noticed this only show Hamilton thing. Not been looking for it mind.
Sky Sports seem to have gone very pro-Hamilton in these last few races. Don't watch the Beeb, so don't know what it's like over there, although I can't imagine that his "We are of a higher calibre" statement went down too well with anyone.

8 from me. Drivers moaning about tyres has never happened before in F1.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3314073)   #31
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually enjoyed it, good driving midfield. True, it's been helped by the safety car periods and you have to trick yourself into forgetting that there's still Vettel driving around ahead of the others, but it was entertaining none the less.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3314081)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Livened up at the end, but a frankly unbelievable tyre failure and the subsequent deployment of that vehicle loses the race marks. 4/10.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3314137)   #33
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Livened up at the end, but a frankly unbelievable tyre failure and the subsequent deployment of that vehicle loses the race marks. 4/10.
Worn out tyre in massive lock up goes bang a bit later. Why is that unbelievable?

Although that marshals car on track was a bit weird.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3314156)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
By the way I often think the ratings on this forum are (quite logically) more about the coverage to air choices of the TV director than the actual race. Care to comment.
good point and certainly affects my vote.

but while i think they did a good job focusing on the right battles in this race, seeing the empty grandstands really turned me off at the same time.

gave it a 6.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3314195)   #35
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
good point and certainly affects my vote.

but while i think they did a good job focusing on the right battles in this race, seeing the empty grandstands really turned me off at the same time.

gave it a 6.
Spent a lot of time in S.Korea last year, including the weeked of the GP IIRC. I was nr Soeul, where most of the population is. The race is on the other side of the country, so didnt bother to go...very much like the population of Seoul. My Korean colleagues didn't really know much about F1 either...
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3314201)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Easily one of the best races of the year. 8.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3314241)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Didn't mean that they ONLY show Hamilton.
I didn't mean that you meant that they ONLY show Hamilton. Was wasn't being literal.

Quote:
But with a British production team thinking about their home market they like to ensure that if he is involved in a dice it gets covered.
I haven't noticed that they are more likely to show a Hamilton dice than any other. Haven't been looking for it mind.

Quote:
By the way I often think the ratings on this forum are (quite logically) more about the coverage to air choices of the TV director than the actual race. Care to comment.
I agree, most people watch the race on telly so that is their reference. We have no choice. That isn't totally true, but not many use the alternate in card feeds I would imagine. Personally I love that they are there, but still rely on the director, after all he has a million screens in front of him to chose the best action, or where Hamilton is.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3314271)   #38
Karima
Rookie

Canada
Kingston
Karima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only a 4. Hulkenbeg's scap with Alonso and Hamilton aside, it was a snooze fest. Can someone please kidnap Adrian Newey and lock him away for a few years so we can actually get some proper racing at the front of the field.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3314327)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karima View Post
Only a 4. Hulkenbeg's scap with Alonso and Hamilton aside, it was a snooze fest. Can someone please kidnap Adrian Newey and lock him away for a few years so we can actually get some proper racing at the front of the field.
Yeah ! There's always hope that can happen in Brazil... for how much ??
Old 7 Oct 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3314341)   #40
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With hard uncompromising racing for every points position, except the race lead, the Korean GP was far from being a snooze-fest. And when did you see the last time a Sauber fighting successfully against a train of Mercedes, Ferrari, and McLaren cars? The fans were polite enough not to boo Vettel, and the grid girls were the hottest so far this year.

7/10!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 03:36 (Ref:3314393)   #41
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
The fan was polite enough not to boo Vettel, and the grid girls were the hottest so far this year.

7/10!
Fixed that for you.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3314432)   #42
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4 from me, and I dont know why that was, maybe coz I read a few reviews.

I managed about 20 minutes of highlights before I turned off.

Since when did F1 become endurance racing? If I wanted to see that (and I never do) I would be getting excited about some dullard race in France 5 minutes after the last one finished like they all do!

Borefest for me sorry.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3314498)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Worn out tyre in massive lock up goes bang a bit later. Why is that unbelievable?
Agreed. Nothing exceptional there at all, IMO. You cane a tyre that's already stuffed - what do you expect to happen?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3314499)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
4 from me, and I dont know why that was, maybe coz I read a few reviews.

I managed about 20 minutes of highlights before I turned off.

Since when did F1 become endurance racing? If I wanted to see that (and I never do) I would be getting excited about some dullard race in France 5 minutes after the last one finished like they all do!

Borefest for me sorry.
Oh give us a rest.........
Old 8 Oct 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3314513)   #45
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Agreed. Nothing exceptional there at all, IMO. You cane a tyre that's already stuffed - what do you expect to happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh give us a rest.........
Agreed. Alain Prost made a whole F1 career out of not wearing out tyres like the other drivers did. Four WDCs can't be wrong.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3314575)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Agreed. Alain Prost made a whole F1 career out of not wearing out tyres like the other drivers did. Four WDCs can't be wrong.
Then again, Goodyear weren't producing tyres that dropped off after only a few laps or so. That's the solution, get rid of Pirelli and bring back Goodyear.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3314644)   #47
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
There's no need to get rid of Pirelli - they're just doing what they were asked to do. Since 1906 until the modern age, tyres let down their users by accident, not by design.

What has it come to, when "the show" is more important than the racing?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3314741)   #48
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Can't we have a "gentleman's agreement" that if you haven't actually watched the race, as several posters here admit, you refrain from rating it? Because if you haven't seen it - how the heck can you judge it?

I only saw the Beeb highlights, but reckon that, Seb strolling away aside, the race was pretty good - certainly plenty of fighting throughout the field. Amazing traction that Hulk enjoyed, but he certainly made it stick

Gave it 7.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3314760)   #49
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I must be a bit odd.
Watching cars in a close battle is great. Maybe better if it is for the lead, but as entertainment there was some pretty good stuff a bit further back.
And the TV director stuck with it because Hamilton was involved!!!!
If they concentrated on the battles more perhaps the ratings would improve.
Gave it an 8
100% with you, they didn't spend too much time on Vettle (thankfully, because there awas quite a bit of good action going on

Best Korean GP ever (that is a small statement LOL)
Old 9 Oct 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3314888)   #50
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Can't we have a "gentleman's agreement" that if you haven't actually watched the race, as several posters here admit, you refrain from rating it? Because if you haven't seen it - how the heck can you judge it?

I only saw the Beeb highlights, but reckon that, Seb strolling away aside, the race was pretty good - certainly plenty of fighting throughout the field. Amazing traction that Hulk enjoyed, but he certainly made it stick

Gave it 7.
I'll join you in the gentleman's agreement call!

"Because if you haven't seen it - how the heck can you judge it?"

Hulk gave one of the best demonstrations of defensive driving I have seen.
He defended when necessary and continued to concentrate on lap and cornering speed when the opposition could not pass. Also struck back quickly when passed. Great driving!