Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 14 May 2007, 21:25 (Ref:1913518)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ouch My Neck Is Sore!

But just goes to show the build quality of different cars

(Mine was the Laguna!)

Just for reference, I was in a queue for traffic lights and had been stationary for a few minutes. Got "pinballed" into the car infront.
Attached Thumbnails
0705110041 (Medium).JPG   0705110042 (Medium).JPG  
Old 14 May 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1913522)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Best get on to the old "whiplash" claims dept. Although they will probably approach you !
Old 14 May 2007, 21:37 (Ref:1913523)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, I've got "classic whiplash" according to my GP.
Old 14 May 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1913536)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you were stationary and something rammed you from behind you most definitely have a claim there - I should get on to your nearest branch of ambulance-chasers.com without further ado. But make sure that they are of the no-win, no-fee variety and also that they don't ask you to sign a credit agreement first.

Alternatively, consult a local firm of lawyers who have a reputable Personal Injury Department and get them to take the case on for you.

In the meantime, take enough painkillers and whiskey to deaden any pain, play on the disability and get EP to run around after you like a demented thing

Seriously, hope the whiplash isn't too bad and that you are back to what is normal for you in the near future!
Old 15 May 2007, 00:26 (Ref:1913568)   #5
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a pretty decent hit - where you at the end of the queue? All jokes aside you do really need to get your neck checked out
Old 15 May 2007, 07:46 (Ref:1913671)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
But just goes to show the build quality of different cars
Hope you're not too sore Grant.

Is that build quality or crumple zones? The front end on most cars is designed to deform considerably on impact to take the sting out of the crunch.

[cynical]Also has the "handy" side effect that cars get written off a lot easier and car companies then make more cash from the whole situation.[/cynical]
Old 15 May 2007, 07:49 (Ref:1913673)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
All jokes aside you do really need to get your neck checked out
Yeah, which is why I went to my doctor on Monday
Old 15 May 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1913674)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Is that build quality or crumple zones? The front end on most cars is designed to deform considerably on impact to take the sting out of the crunch.
I know, but it just looks funkier this way Makes his car look like a pussy!
Old 15 May 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1913684)   #9
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's even better when you have a towbar attached. My Laguna got stuffed by a Honda Civic. The front of the Honda was wrecked. All I got was a scratched bumper!
Old 15 May 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1913687)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
It's even better when you have a towbar attached. My Laguna got stuffed by a Honda Civic. The front of the Honda was wrecked. All I got was a scratched bumper!
I was warned though that a towbar can transfer the impact directly into the chasis members through the towbar mounting points so in certain situations or at high speed it can be worse then the crumple zones taking the impact. Although it's like all these things I'm not sure whether it's an urban legend or not.
Old 15 May 2007, 09:52 (Ref:1913751)   #11
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I was warned though that a towbar can transfer the impact directly into the chasis members through the towbar mounting points so in certain situations or at high speed it can be worse then the crumple zones taking the impact. Although it's like all these things I'm not sure whether it's an urban legend or not.
I must admit I did check and it was ok.

I had a tow bar on a Mk 1 Golf many years ago. It wasn't hit by anything but the floor at the back was distorted slightly just from towing a Formula Ford.
Old 16 May 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1914989)   #12
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dont worry dude :P auld lad deals with these all the time. He should be an expert at this stage the amount of damage ive done...

Where exactly did you get shunted ? Couldnt be the M50 as nothing moves on it :P

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 16 May 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1915010)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I also had a guy run into the back of one of my tow vans , it didn't mark the van but the tow ball went through his radiator.
Old 17 May 2007, 06:33 (Ref:1915097)   #14
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
Where exactly did you get shunted ? Couldnt be the M50 as nothing moves on it :P
Naas road heading into town, traffic lights at Bewleys Hotel. Just got the estimate back, parts, labour, vat, €8K+
Old 17 May 2007, 20:07 (Ref:1915597)   #15
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Naas road heading into town, traffic lights at Bewleys Hotel. Just got the estimate back, parts, labour, vat, €8K+
Ah insurance are trying to write it off; To be honest its not the greatest place for traffic lights as you know. Your doing *cough*100k's*cough* and if you dont know its there it can take you by surprise.

But as you well know passing me at 120k's one day heading to mondello nobody does 100k's on that road.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 18 May 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1915825)   #16
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
But as you well know passing me at 120k's one day heading to mondello nobody does 100k's on that road.
I would never do more than the sign that says 100mph on that road.... oh wait we've gone to Km here....
Old 19 May 2007, 06:05 (Ref:1916515)   #17
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of intersections on main highways around here have warning signs up the road that flash when the lights change, to give a bit more warning
Old 26 May 2007, 04:19 (Ref:1921356)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh, I've got "classic whiplash" according to my GP.

In that case ,should this be on a different forum?
Old 26 May 2007, 06:08 (Ref:1921363)   #19
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
In that case ,should this be on a different forum?

That is terrible terence...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen