Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2001, 01:56 (Ref:97577)   #1
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya

does anyone reckon montoya will in a race before the year is out? hes been unlucky so far with failures or people running into him but he certainly looks like he could win a race before teh seasons out.

kristof
Old 28 May 2001, 02:37 (Ref:97589)   #2
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not by outbreaking himself and slamming into barriers
Old 28 May 2001, 04:10 (Ref:97606)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Not in his wildest dreams..
Old 28 May 2001, 04:30 (Ref:97612)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh come on guys. He has a great team, and a car that just needs a little reliability, and he should get a few more podiums if not a win. He'll have his day.

Canada is coming up, and while it is a car breaker, it should suit the Williams cars better than any of the other.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 28 May 2001, 07:28 (Ref:97654)   #5
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he learns to be patient, he can win this season.
Old 28 May 2001, 07:50 (Ref:97662)   #6
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today he's not ready to win a race, but Monty is talented and may be ready very soon. Just wait and see.
Old 28 May 2001, 08:10 (Ref:97673)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yawn...
Old 28 May 2001, 08:14 (Ref:97676)   #8
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I told everyone that he wouldn't last 1/2 race distance

no I don't think he will win this year unless he pulls it off at the USA GP that will be his last chance
Old 28 May 2001, 11:09 (Ref:97736)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't see Ralf last the distance either. And (getting blue in the face) it is JPM's first season.
Old 28 May 2001, 11:28 (Ref:97746)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Oh come on Moff, Ralf had a mechanical failure while GOD stuffed it into the wall before he could raise a sweat. How can you keep referring to him as a rookie. CART champion, Indy 500 winner and the fantastic "I am better than everybody else" attitude.

Admit it, your in love with Ralf are'nt you?
Old 28 May 2001, 11:32 (Ref:97748)   #11
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is a rookie 'cause it's his first season racing F1. Everyone else is a rookie despite winning other races, why not JPM.

Besides, Ralf's repeated incompetence could have 'broken' the car

JPM just took the more direct route. Saved us all the wait.
Old 28 May 2001, 11:46 (Ref:97757)   #12
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO that how jag's do well then . good plan
Old 28 May 2001, 13:40 (Ref:97798)   #13
Blackjack21
Rookie

Blackjack21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is everybody getting upset. This was the first race where JPM was at fault! The other DNFs were all mechanical. Talk to Frank about them.

Check Ralf's first year in F1 statistics, you see JPM's aren't that bad.

I tend to think that the people shouting about how bad JPM is doing are the same people who complained where Frank Williams hired Ralf. Remember those comments about Ralf's inability to speak English, the mechanics who made fun of him etc!

Let's give JPM the benifit of a doubt, if he isn't good enough we find out in due time.

Oh, by the way, anyone who thinks that CART drivers are a bunch of has-beens, fat boy and loud mouths are the real dorks.

My thoughts, take um or leave um!
Old 28 May 2001, 13:47 (Ref:97803)   #14
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
......Leave em
Old 28 May 2001, 13:54 (Ref:97806)   #15
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are too many races left..., he will win one or two !
Old 28 May 2001, 13:56 (Ref:97808)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
More creative Journalisim

Just got this from Autosport.com

Quote:
The 1999 CART champion and 2000 Indy 500 winner Juan Pablo Montoya has taken the F1 world by storm this season with his robust drives for Williams.
Taken the F1 world by storm. What series are the Americans watching?
Old 28 May 2001, 16:12 (Ref:97871)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When journalists say "take the world by storm" they mean "make people notice him." We have noticed him. Next to the front running crybabies and politicians with their affirmative action contracts, and their long-suffering teammates, we talk most of all about JPM. This is certainly more interesting than discussing Bunsen's yacht.

P.S. Notice that when JPM spoke of his accident, he took full responsibility for it. He didn't blame other pilots, the track, the weather, or aliens, as is the habit of some German fellows I could name.
Old 28 May 2001, 16:40 (Ref:97884)   #18
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point. I noticed that too. As to the original question, yes, I believe he will win at least one race this season.
Old 28 May 2001, 17:00 (Ref:97889)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Montoya is a big yawn...
Old 28 May 2001, 17:02 (Ref:97890)   #20
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In that case, what does that make the majority of the others?
Old 28 May 2001, 17:03 (Ref:97891)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sominex?
Old 28 May 2001, 17:12 (Ref:97896)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
My humble opinion of course..Seriously though Montoya will do well,he just needs time..Like most things in this world too many people had their finger planted firmly on the hype button when it came to Monty and F1..He was a great CART driver..this is not CART..Formula 1 is on a different stratosphere..
Old 28 May 2001, 19:06 (Ref:97947)   #23
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, Ok, Jersound we read you the first time..., everybody knows you think he's a yawn. Take it easy buddy.
Old 28 May 2001, 20:15 (Ref:97988)   #24
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
I didn't see Ralf last the distance either.
Just remind me who was driving the blue and white car that was stuffed into the armco...?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 May 2001, 20:28 (Ref:97996)   #25
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we should all look at Monty in the long term, he hasn't been in F1 long enough yet to write him off. His season so far has been outstanding if you indeed judge him as a rookie which in F1 he definitely is. I reckon we put down his Monaco performance as a learning experience but I'm sure the best is yet to come. This guy is a racer and although I am a fan of DC, do you think Monty would have followed Benoldi around for so long? He fights and tries to make things happen from the moment the ole lights go out. Remember Interlagos. While this is a recipe for disaster at Monaco, F1 needs more drivers having a go rather than another journeyman. Monty's time will come provided he has the tools to do the job.

Tags
jpm