Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2865002)   #1
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wanted : Old, battered, Kart chassis

One of my telly projects is currently requiring a pair of small vehicles to be built. For that reason, I'm currently looking for a kart chassis - engine not required and it can be as damaged as you like as we will only be using parts from it.

If anyone has any suggestions of where to aquire one from, or has one that they would be willing to donate/sell (we can't afford to pay a lot at the moment) please get in touch via PM.

Many Thanks
Old 17 Apr 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2865227)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might help if you let people know what bits ul need, as they are often in various states of dissaray. Ie do u need axles, stubs, steering etc as these bits often get reused. However bent frames etc dont - does it need bearing hangers, blah blah blah. What are you trying to build and for what - telly?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2865287)   #3
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will need axles, a steering system, a seat, wheels and the chassis itself. We're trying to build a gravity powered vehicle for a taster trail that we're putting together - Not for broadcast (yet), it's something we produce to Entice broadcasters to commission the programme. Beyond that, I can't really tell you too much about the project for what I hope are obvious reasons!
Old 17 Apr 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2865300)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok I know someone who tried to use an old kart for similar project but the kart wheels had too much rolling resistance so they used push bike ones instead - then they found the kart frame too heavy, and instead cut up some bike frames that were a lot lighter. Still wasnt much cop tho, a bespoke one would have been better fabricated by themselves from scratch was their conclusion in the end as I recall.