Old 14 Jul 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3106275)   #1
RNHodge
Rookie

United Kingdom
Never on dry land
RNHodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Borg & Beck Classic 50 - Castle Combe 21st/22nd July 2012

Hi all,

Finally found a weekend off work where i can get to the circuit! Slight issue i have is i've got to yet again get the train to Chippenham from pompey and then taxi to the circuit. Is there anywhere people can recommend staying that's close to the circuit so a taxi first thing in the morning isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg! Or, somewhere where other people are staying and could potentially offer me a lift in and out of a morning (Willing to pay for fuel/inconvenience)

Secondly, the event timetable (http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...ingEventID=357) says the event will finish at 1810. Obviously with the allowance for an over-running programme and clear up at the end, any ideas on how long it'll take to get from the circuit to Chippenham Railway station? The last thing i want to do is book a train and miss it due to not being able to get away from the circuit!!

Thanks guys! I'll afford a car someday!
Old 15 Jul 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3106809)   #2
skeee
Racer

Cyprus
Wiltshire
skeee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Hodge,
I don't actually go via Chippenham to Combe so can't give you a lift from the station in the morning as I usually only arrive for sign on just in the nick of time, however if you really get stuck fo a lift back I can drop you after on Sat or Sun.
Re finish time, curfew is 630pm. Racing rarely finishes early (unless there's a severe shortage of drivers/races) more usually late so I wouldn't expect to get away much before 645 ish or 715-730 if staying for the 'debrief' after in the restaurant. Although I'm sure your nice Post Chief will let you leave early if necessary.
Re journey time, Google earth says about 20mins but you may have short delay with traffic leaving the circuit if departing straight after the last race.