Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3587630)   #1
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 SCCA Pro Trans Am Series (50th Anniversary)

2016 Schedule announced: http://nasportscar.com/trans-am-seri...ship-schedule/

Watkins Glen back
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3587645)   #2
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Instead of Lime Rock...

Not thrilled with VIR being on the same weekend as the SCCA Run Offs at Mid-Ohio come to a conclusion either (which will have a major effect on the GT1 race as we saw this year at Daytona...).

All because of the link up with SVRA.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3589492)   #3
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cameron Lawrence talks Trans Am, a little IMSA and 2016
http://nasportscar.com/cameron-lawre...s-am-and-more/
Old 10 Nov 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3589529)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Historic TA series will be on the support bill for Sebring!
Old 10 Nov 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3589541)   #5
Coach Ep
Veteran

http://www.historictransam.com/schedule.html
Old 10 Nov 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3589551)   #6
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Historic TA series will be on the support bill for Sebring!
Should be a good fit with the SVRA weekend. They ran in support of the 12 hours a few years ago and it was really neat to see the old cars. They had a pretty big field too.
Old 5 Jan 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3602259)   #7
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Here's a quick interview w/ 2015 TA2 Champ, Gar Robinson http://nasportscar.com/10-questions-...-ta2-champion/
Old 5 Jan 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3602262)   #8
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Should be a good fit with the SVRA weekend. They ran in support of the 12 hours a few years ago and it was really neat to see the old cars. They had a pretty big field too.
Usually it's HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) that supports the 12H, not SVRA. HSR has been organizing the Classic 24H at Daytona the last couple of years and will do the Classic 12H at Sebring this year (early December). HSR is more local orientated in the South-East where as SVRA is truly a national series these days.
Old 5 Jan 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3602278)   #9
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Usually it's HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) that supports the 12H, not SVRA. HSR has been organizing the Classic 24H at Daytona the last couple of years and will do the Classic 12H at Sebring this year (early December). HSR is more local orientated in the South-East where as SVRA is truly a national series these days.
Absolutely, I meant that Historic Trans Am raced on the weekend of the 12 Hours a few years ago and it was really neat. This year they'll race with SVRA, a few weeks before the 12 Hour. I'm really looking forward to the HSR Classic 12 though!
Old 5 Jan 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3602314)   #10
Coach Ep
Veteran

I missed that one, bummer!

Yes, March 3-6 will be great, wish I could be there, not likely though...
Old 19 Jan 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3606360)   #11
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Renaming of classes for 2016 http://nasportscar.com/trans-am-seri...sses-for-2016/
Old 19 Jan 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3606378)   #12
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess separateing TA3 into TA3 and TA4 will be less confusing.

This series could be a mainstream racing series once more if it plays it cards right, there is potential here.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3606563)   #13
Coach Ep
Veteran

sounds like TA is the next series to add a Porsche cup class, we'll probably see loads of those cars joining in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see GT3 cars be welcomed in the future as well.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3606568)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I couldn't get the schedule to download from post #1.

http://gotransam.com/events/

I see Road Atlanta on the calendar but don't see it on Road Atlanta's calendar.

I thought it would be in conjunction with SCCA Nattys but can't readily find anything from the ATL Region? Thankfully, not with the Drift and I'd like to check this out, but if there's nothing else going on, I'll just check them out at the Mitty 2 weeks later
Old 20 Jan 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3606573)   #15
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Thankfully, not with the Drift and I'd like to check this out, but if there's nothing else going on, I'll just check them out at the Mitty 2 weeks later
I believe they were with Drift last year.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3606576)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I believe they were with Drift last year.
It was indeed, hence why I missed it all. Missed Greg Pickett's 9,000th TA win

For 2016, Drift is May 6-7 and TA is showing as April 10-11, according to the TA site.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3606580)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It was indeed, hence why I missed it all. Missed Greg Pickett's 9,000th TA win

For 2016, Drift is May 6-7 and TA is showing as April 10-11, according to the TA site.
The Mitty and the Barber PWC/Indycar weekend clash again.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3606584)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The Mitty and the Barber PWC/Indycar weekend clash again.
Yes, they do. Yes, they do.

In addition, it's become tradition to schedule 400 events each weekend in April and the first 2 weeks of May.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 02:44 (Ref:3606751)   #19
Coach Ep
Veteran

I believe support at RA comes from NARCA, I'll have to look it up to be sure.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3606793)   #20
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
sounds like TA is the next series to add a Porsche cup class, we'll probably see loads of those cars joining in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see GT3 cars be welcomed in the future as well.
But would that clash with the PWC? I always thought a sedan based series based on GT3 rules would be cool. So instead of Ferraris and Porsches it just be sedan like Mustangs, Cameros, and Challengers.

Perhaps the rules could be modified to be a little bit different like a little less aero but much more power. Could add those old fashion duck tails spoilers for fun nostalgia.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3606830)   #21
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Trans-Am is getting back to business, but I have a feeling that it'll become like Super GT.

Then again, it's too expensive...
Old 21 Jan 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3606901)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
GT3 sounds too expensive for Trans-Am.

Of the five classes, does any allow GT4 cars?
Old 21 Jan 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3606903)   #23
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://gotransam.com/news/index.cfm?cid=64224

Expanding classes. Now counting 5
Old 21 Jan 2016, 22:01 (Ref:3606972)   #24
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010: TA creates TA2 for SCCA (clubracing) GT2 cars, which the Porsche Cup cars fall under.
2011: TA creates TA international to remove the Cup cars and Scott Tuckers Ferrari from TA2.
2012: TAi becomes TA3
2016: TA creates TA5 to remove the Cup cars from TA3.

Old 22 Jan 2016, 02:06 (Ref:3607023)   #25
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Sydney Australia, formerly Canada
Mosport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and the CTMP/Mosport round is......where? Disappointing no Canadian visit again.