Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1241550)   #51
sagaris
Rookie

sagaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many drivers and teams would be prepared to put "Kick drugs out of Motorsport" logos on their cars. The fact is drug dealing is a serious offence and wrecks peoples' lives. Drugs not only wreck the lives of the user but also their families.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1241555)   #52
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I dont understand is how why drivers see a guy come back from jail and are so quick to spend money with the guy.

Where I come from you dont trust people who are drugs dealers.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1241561)   #53
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaris
How many drivers and teams would be prepared to put "Kick drugs out of Motorsport" logos on their cars. The fact is drug dealing is a serious offence and wrecks peoples' lives. Drugs not only wreck the lives of the user but also their families.
Are drugs a big problem in motorsport or just restricted to one or two people?
I have never been offered any or noticed any dealers in any race paddock.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1241564)   #54
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaris
How many drivers and teams would be prepared to put "Kick drugs out of Motorsport" logos on their cars. The fact is drug dealing is a serious offence and wrecks peoples' lives.
Not unless they get paid for doing it.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1241586)   #55
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Are drugs a big problem in motorsport or just restricted to one or two people?
I have never been offered any or noticed any dealers in any race paddock.
I don't think the drugs are a big problem as such (dealing at meetings etc). The problem is, I guess, that a lot of people see easy money in doing drug traffic for the streets. It happened a lot in Holland and Belgium a while ago. Some team owners / managers are "known" for their involvement in either dope or stolen cars. And yet they keep coming back again and again. So it is not UK related only.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1241621)   #56
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drugs is not a big problem at meetings but what better way than to transport drugs overs borders than hidden in the transporter of a race team. Which customs official would be willing to empty and search a race car transporter, if they did not think it would be worth it or had been told it was worth it. There are plenty of hiding places, eg inside air cylinders, roll cages etc plus plenty of less obvious places.

Whilst this maybe a minor problem for motorsport, drugs are a major problem to society.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1241624)   #57
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
I don't think the drugs are a big problem as such (dealing at meetings etc). The problem is, I guess, that a lot of people see easy money in doing drug traffic for the streets. It happened a lot in Holland and Belgium a while ago. Some team owners / managers are "known" for their involvement in either dope or stolen cars. And yet they keep coming back again and again. So it is not UK related only.

dont know but when I worked for a team who frequently travelled the English Channel, they and many othe trucks were frequently searched. I suppose its the perception of lots of money around = doggey dealings, which 99 out of 100 times isnt the case. Unfortunately, if the alledged offences prove to be true, then it will damage Motorsport, particuarly the BTCC (dont forget the BTCC VIP club as well), which is the last thing it needs.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1241625)   #58
Touringfan
Rookie

Touringfan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hiding drugs inside an air-cylinder?

Gee I wonder who would have done that back in 1992?
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1241636)   #59
TTRMotorsport
Racer

TTRMotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact is Motorsport is always going to be a place used for laundering money, in some way or another it is a sport and all sports will be cause it is easy.
You have to ask if it's true why would vic do it probably because he is cash strapped after Peuguet pulled out and left him with four 307 and four 406 pilles of junk (ran 307 as independent). I have had long conversations with him and he seems a genuinely nice bloke he spent lots of time giving me advice.
Not all drug dealers are bad they just get rapped up in wrong affairs. And if people have the self control to say "No" then we wouldnt have this problem.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1241642)   #60
Touringfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRMotorsport
I have had long conversations with him and he seems a genuinely nice bloke he spent lots of time giving me advice.
Not all drug dealers are bad they just get rapped up in wrong affairs.
huh?

a genuinely nice bloke?

he's a convicted drug dealer who has been caught again doing it! Someone who obviously doesnt care about what he does to our society. this is not his first time. he's a serial hard-drug peddler.

If thats your idea of a nice bloke then I give up. and if thats not your idea of a 'bad' person then exactly what is?

when your son/daughter/sister/brother/friend is hooked on evil drugs peddled by evil drug smugglers like him then perhaps you may have a more realistic view.

Last edited by Touringfan; 3 Mar 2005 at 21:27.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1241647)   #61
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringfan

he's a convicted drug dealer who has been caught again doing it! Someone who obviously doesnt care about what he does to our society. this is not his first time. he's a serial hard-drug peddler.

He's been accused of "doing it again".

He's not been convicted of anything this time, at this stage.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1241649)   #62
TTRMotorsport
Racer

Ok so he's a drug dealer, It doesnt mean he isnt a nice person. And sorry but for the last ten years the only people who touched "charlie" are the office (High Flyin Investment Banker types) and do it for a weekend kick so I dont think anyone i know would. 98% of drug users dont get addicted, Oh that is proven. I care deeply about our society I read the Daily Mail everyday and stare in disbelieve at the pettyness of the government and problems with social/political unrest and everone having a go at Immigrants and think is this what our great britsh empire has become.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1241662)   #63
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRMotorsport
I care deeply about our society I read the Daily Mail everyday and stare in disbelieve at the pettyness of the government and problems with social/political unrest and everone having a go at Immigrants and think is this what our great britsh empire has become.

Surely this thread is no place for satire?
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1241663)   #64
TTRMotorsport
Racer

Sad thing is it isnt Satire!
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1241665)   #65
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringfan
Hiding drugs inside an air-cylinder?

Gee I wonder who would have done that back in 1992?
Nothing that simple. If I remember corectly, the 1992 incident involved a hidden compartment in the transporter accessed by operating plugs/switches in a certain order. HMC&E retained the transporter for training purposes and I thought it better not to wear my VLM jacket to work for a while.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1241666)   #66
Touringfan
Rookie

TTR,
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and you have no idea what damage is done by people like him. My daughter was a cocaine addict and it has ruined her life and affected our family.

Do me favour; speak of that which you know, not of which you don't.

Last edited by Touringfan; 3 Mar 2005 at 21:46.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1241673)   #67
TTRMotorsport
Racer

Fair play and I am sorry for your daughter, I do know about it my cousin went down for years for doing it in Mexico and all I am saying is not all drug dealers are bad people he was nice bloke he just got mixed up with wrong crowd who made him do it,
Old 3 Mar 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1241682)   #68
Touringfan
Rookie

Thank you.

And I may even half-agree with you (on the nice guy bit) if it were his first time he did such a thing. But its not and that takes his involvement to a whole new level.

Last edited by Touringfan; 3 Mar 2005 at 21:59.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1241694)   #69
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The wrongs of drugs are, I would say, a constant for everyone here. However because someone has been accused of something does not mean they are fair game. The severity of the accusations, if anything, make fairness from others even more paramount and a requirement in a civilised world.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1241697)   #70
Touringfan
Rookie

That may be true in many cases.

But what you are forgetting here is the fact that Vic Lee is a convicted major drug dealer....so we are not talking about someone who's reputation is to be respected until proven guilty.

His reputation is already in the gutter as he is a convicted drug dealer, period.

Unless of course you condone his previous drug dealings.

Last edited by Touringfan; 3 Mar 2005 at 22:19.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1241703)   #71
Kicking-back
Veteran

No.

But in court, a man's previous convictions are irrelevant - and won't be mentioned until after he is (if he is) found guilty.

He deserves a fair hearing on the current allegations.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1241709)   #72
Touringfan
Rookie

You are missing my point.

Lets forget the current charges.

Now, lets talk about the fact that he is a known major drugs dealer and who was tried and found guilty for being so.

He is someone that was convicted of bringing millions of pounds of hard drugs into the country and who has therefore caused untold grief to many many families and damaged many more lives

So...what do you think of Vic Lee? Nice guy is he?

Last edited by Touringfan; 3 Mar 2005 at 22:24.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1241714)   #73
Kicking-back
Veteran

Vic Lee was involved in drug trafficking, I'm not sure if he was convicted of drug DEALING as such.

As for whether he's a nice guy or not - there will be people in both camps.

Many people in Motorsport are not "nice guys" but that is not necessarily a problem - you are judged on achievement.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1241721)   #74
Touringfan
Rookie

Tell me you are kidding, please.

Tell me the difference between him bringing millions of pounds worth of cocaine into the country for the dealers to sell....or selling it himself.

Do you think one is a lesser evil than the other? He was, at the very least, supplying the dealers by bringing the stuff in!

Now forget motorsport....forget any other issue.

I would like to know if you have respect for a person who did what he did? Judge him on that 'acheivement'.

Simple question... do you have any respect for him and like him, based on what he has done?
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1241729)   #75
TTRMotorsport
Racer

No I dont condone what he has done, I think it is wrong to deal drugs that screw people up.