Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Mar 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1251573)   #1
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New title sponsor for BTCC

The BTCC has a new sponsor.....quote courtesy of Pistonheads.com

Dunlop Branding for BTCC
Monday 14th March

Three year deal announced this morning

The British Touring Car Championship has a new title sponsor. Gone is Green Flag and in its place is Dunlop. The deal is for the next three years.

Dunlop has been the exclusive tyre supplier to the BTCC – still the country's most popular car racing series – for the past two seasons. This latest commercial agreement is just one method by which Dunlop plan to reinforce their status as suppliers of performance tyres.

BTCC Series Director Alan Gow said: "I am extremely proud to announce this agreement. In fact, this is the largest ever title sponsorship in the history of the BTCC and it is fantastic for everyone involved in the championship, including our huge fan base.

"What is especially pleasing, and very important to appreciate, is that this is not merely an extension of the motor sport partnership that exists between the BTCC and Dunlop. It is very much a corporate brand-awareness programme, with Dunlop utilising the high-profile of the BTCC in order to further promote its powerful brand name."

The series will now be known as the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship"
Old 14 Mar 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1251673)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news there, especially if they are contributing as much as Green Flag were. ALthough it's thereotically lost stature to the DTM and WTCC over the last ocuple of years, this is still a championship big companies want to be involved with.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1251902)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not the first time Dunlop have been the title sponsor, so welcome back to them.

I wouldn't imagine Dunlop as a 'performance' brand as such, so they're larger involvement is well justified as theres bound to be a lot of people of the same opinion as me.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 04:58 (Ref:1252147)   #4
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlake27
Dunlop Branding for BTCC
Monday 14th March

Three year deal announced this morning

The British Touring Car Championship has a new title sponsor. Gone is Green Flag and in its place is Dunlop. The deal is for the next three years.
So I didn't make a bad decision to support Dunlop and buy them as replacement tires for my Volvo!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1252520)   #5
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a longer term deal, the one year delas of the AA and the like don't help for security of the series.

I just hope its the start of a very long sponsorship deal.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1252617)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is BTCC the most popular car racing series in the UK?

I suspect both Brisca F1, and NHRPA / 2ltr Hot Rods get better crowds
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1252623)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Is BTCC the most popular car racing series in the UK?

I suspect both Brisca F1, and NHRPA / 2ltr Hot Rods get better crowds
Stop being such a pedant Sam, I think it was fairly clear in the context that we're talking about MSA circuit racing!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1252755)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is good news for the BTCC. I got all excited when Dunlop rang me yesterday. Did they want to encourage new talent in their series? Unfortunately not.