Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 28 Jun 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1342045)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Very sad news for Irish Motorsport

I have been asked to post this on behalf of the Motorcycle Marshals Association by their secretary:

"It is with the deepest regret that I inform you that Mrs. Phyllis O'Reilly passed away on Monday afternoon.

Phyllis has been a mainstay of Irish motorsport, in all areas of circuit racing, for over 30 years. In recent years, ill-health prevented her from giving as much active participation as she used to, but she never stinted in the work her health allowed her to do.

This is a terrible loss and our sympathies, thoughts and prayers are with her husband, Tony and with her children, grandchildren, family and friends.

We will be posting details of arrangements as soon as they are available.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam"

======================================================
I realise that many outside of Ireland will not be familiar with these names but I felt that this was the correct forum to post in - particularly as many of the UK BSB marshals would be friendly with their daughters, Maeve McDonnell and Orlagh O'Reilly.

Anyone who has dealt with the Leinster Motor Club would probably know Tony O'Reilly and Ultan O'Reilly.

If anyone from the UK would like to send a message to them, you can pm or email it to me and I'll ensure they get it.

Tony and Phyllis were among the founder members of the original Irish Marshals Club back in the 1960s and for many years they ran the club. In recent years, both they and their children were responsible for forming and running the Motorcycle Marshals Association in Ireland.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1342053)   #2
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My condolences to all who knew her.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1342419)   #3
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is always a sad day when somebody influencial and very well thought of passes away...

My Condolonces go to all .
Old 29 Jun 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1342633)   #4
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I echo BlackX's comments
Old 29 Jun 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1343260)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The removal is on Thursday 30th June at 6pm at Holy Spirit Church, Ballyroan, Rathfarnham. Funeral is on Friday 1st July at 10am at the same church, followed by the interment at Bohernabreena cemetary.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1343556)   #6
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Condolences to the O'Reilly family on their very sad loss.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1344274)   #7
redone
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottingham
redone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Condolences to the O'Reilly family on their loss, and sympathy to all my Irish marshalling friends.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1364055)   #8
USA Marshal
Rookie

United States
Connecticut, USA
USA Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phyllis O'Reilly

For those who knew Phyllis, her loss comes as a shock and with a sense of sadness and sympathy for her husband Tony and family but also with a great sense of appreciation for her organizational skills and dedication to the MRMCI in its formative years. I was fortunate to be introduced to marshalling by the O'Reillys in the early 1980s and will always be thankful for the untiring effort that Phyllis and Tony invested in Irish motorsport.

One aspect struck me in particular is that Phyllis never restricted herself to one branch of motorsport. During those years under her aegis, I marshaled at car, bike and kart races at Mondello (and even the odd stage of the circuit of Ireland); Enduro motoX races in Wicklow, Autotests at Lepardstown race course, road races at Skerries and Fore, Karts in Malahide, hill climbs at Cruagh, the Park, the Sally Gap and the list goes on.

By chance I was home for her funeral and it was so nice to be able to see her family to express my sympathy, and to reconnect and share reminiscences with so many people who thought so highly of Phyllis.

Recquiscat In Pace.