Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Nov 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1457220)   #76
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace
I don't think anybody didn't say it wasn't exciting. It just wasn't very clean.
Close, hard racing isn't always clean - even Zanardi is a good example of that.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1457232)   #77
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mexico race is a perfect example of why I prefer to watch Champ Cars over F1. Good racing all the way down the field and a great result.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1457275)   #78
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Close, hard racing isn't always clean - even Zanardi is a good example of that.
True enough. But under the current rules PT's move was well outside of the regs and thus deserved to be penalized. There really isn't any grey area in this case, there's no getting around it. Personally I would have been dissapointed with the marshalling if PT wasn't penalized and I am a PT supporter.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 10 Nov 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1457319)   #79
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, good, then it wasn't just me wondering WTF happened in the TSN broadcast? I got more out of the "race recap" 30 seconds than I did out of the first half of the race. We went for commercial and when we got back something like 15 laps had gone by, we missed Bremer's shunt and the order was all screwy.

Y'know, I don't think complaining to TSN ever does any good. I wonder if complaining to Champ Car will do anything -- seems dumb to sell themselves short in a country that obviously likes the series. Yeah, they buy the time, but they could buy it on Speed just as easily as on TSN. (For non-Canadians, I should mention that Speed is second-tier cable here, so most people have it.)

keke
Old 11 Nov 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1458389)   #80
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47
...I was watching practice three on Race Director and lamented the baseball stadium section, without which this would be a great track.....again!
agree!!!, just we have to remember the great pass going outsde on the peraltada curve that Mansell make over Berger in the 1990 Mexican Grand Prix on the last lap