Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Nov 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2982903)   #101
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if anyone can confirm, but i have a hard time believing that there are so many open line of sight views of Manhattan from this side of the river. from what i know and can imagine about New York/Jersey real estate market i would think that any opening along the river would already have a more profitable building already enjoying that view.

want it to succeed but i all honesty feeling kind of cynical about this one.
That'a a good point and much of Port Imperial Boulevard, which will form the part of the track that runs along the Hudson, has been developed except the stretch from just before the Ferry Terminal to Country Road 628.

Don't forget though, Bernie's selling his dream here. As the cars do their parade lap before the race starts, a combination of track cameras and helicams, will show shots of Manhatten in the background. It doesn't matter whether you can see Manhatten from the actual track, as long as the cameras can show the NYC skyline to the viewers world wide, that's all that matters to Bernie.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 03:14 (Ref:2983017)   #102
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks really cool in the virtual lap
Old 15 Nov 2011, 01:51 (Ref:2986510)   #103
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shot a little video for friends in Singapore, doesn't follow the whole track per se, but gives you a good idea of the surroundings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TfdzzLwVyQ

but this is my favorite video from the NJ Star Ledger: http://video-embed.nj.com/services/p...=1248743419001 The track on a bike
Old 15 Nov 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2986514)   #104
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Not sure how realistic this will be, but it looks kind of OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m10_f...eature=related

Last edited by Marbot; 15 Nov 2011 at 02:12.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 02:10 (Ref:2986515)   #105
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
? ? ? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
I shot a little video for friends in Singapore, doesn't follow the whole track per se, but gives you a good idea of the surroundings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TfdzzLwVyQ

but this is my favorite video from the NJ Star Ledger: http://video-embed.nj.com/services/p...=1248743419001 The track on a bike
Thanks. Good work.

Looks like `crowd control' will be a BIG problem. Also, how many people living/parking along the route will be just a little upset because of either being locked in or out of their homes? . .
Old 15 Nov 2011, 02:33 (Ref:2986521)   #106
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
Thanks. Good work.

Looks like `crowd control' will be a BIG problem. Also, how many people living/parking along the route will be just a little upset because of either being locked in or out of their homes? . .
Oh yeah big time!

Not just parking/lock-out of JFK Blvd East or Imperial Blvd at the base of the cliffs... 495/Lincoln Tunnel Helix /approach will be a nightmare. Which it usually is already!

Here's a longer version of me just driving around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1meQ7...ature=youtu.be you get to see more of the area and more of my comments.... seeing the city will be quite difficult... grandstand positions will be limited though possible along the light rail tracks down below the cliffs or in the park up on top of the cliffs. Many many people will be inconvenienced no doubt.

PS. I like the comment someone made... "this will be the first GP with pot holes" lol
Old 15 Nov 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2986874)   #107
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
Thanks. Good work.

I don't know, you could ask the residents adjacent to Belgrave Middleway and Bromsgrove Street in Birmingham, how they coped during the Superprix Years!
Old 15 Nov 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2986915)   #108
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When I lived in Manhattan the 5th Avenue parades started near my office and ended near my apartment. It was utter chaos for days with traffic woes, noise, revelry, less than the already almost non-existent parking and a huge mess to deal with.

The only thing that has changed after all these years is I don't live there any more. I expect the folks in Jersey will learn how to cope.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2987097)   #109
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
I wonder how people's windows will hold up in the apartments adjacent to the street that goes right along the side of the building... I would imagine they'll be vibrating like crazy from the noise. Though I'm sure there's plenty of that in Monaco.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2987195)   #110
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
I wonder how people's windows will hold up in the apartments adjacent to the street that goes right along the side of the building... I would imagine they'll be vibrating like crazy from the noise. Though I'm sure there's plenty of that in Monaco.
From the views of Monaco that I have seen there very few windows as close to the racing surface as the ones in your video.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2987262)   #111
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I found this on YouTube. I don't know if this will be actual layout of the rack but it looks pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adtIi...eature=related
Old 16 Nov 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2987277)   #112
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
You may have missed this on the previous page. It was shown on the 'Wind tunnel' TV show.

Old 16 Nov 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2987323)   #113
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
You may have missed this on the previous page. It was shown on the 'Wind tunnel' TV show.

I did see it, thanks all the same.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3012934)   #114
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tom Cotter has been appointed President of the company that will promote The New Jersey GP. He has previously worked in motorsports marketing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97062

He will work along side Dennis Robinson who is chief operations officer.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3061125)   #115
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
See...

...it's NOT just Austin that has problems:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/76115.html
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3061129)   #116
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
seems like a great strategy... create doubt... re-negotiate... get $10Mil more than the previous deal. Awesome!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3061132)   #117
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie might want to be careful holding up the mafia for money.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3061146)   #118
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
Bernie might want to be careful holding up the mafia for money.
I wonder if the title sponsor will eventually be "Waste Management" or one of our many cement/concrete companies
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3061159)   #119
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps that's how we'll finally get shot of Bernie- a pair of cement boots and into the East River.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3061307)   #120
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Perhaps that's how we'll finally get shot of Bernie- a pair of cement boots and into the East River.
Hudson River...

East River is all the way in New York :P
Old 27 Apr 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3066302)   #121
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There seems to be progress in getting the track and facilities ready for next year.

Hope it goes well.

http://www.pitpass.com/46179-Meanwhile-in-New-Jersey
Old 17 May 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3075812)   #122
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Business as Usual . . .

This LINK will take you to a `semi-official' announcement containing some new information, a re-hash of old information and a lot of "Self Promotion".

Be sure to read the comments at the end as there are errors in the `old information'.

Old 21 May 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3077220)   #123
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
There are still a few question marks over New Jersey's funding and Bernie has started to put maybe in front of in next years calender.
There has not been any announcement as to where the money is coming from to fund the race.

I hope it goes ahead but maybe those closer to it know more than is in the Pitpass article.

http://www.pitpass.com/46332-Clouds-...sey-Grand-Prix
Old 31 May 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3082313)   #124
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
More questions over New Jersey, the organisers claim that engineering work is progressing as planned. Has anybody in the area seen any activity around the circuit?

Bernie has indicated that New Jersey is now on the doubtful list or is that just posturing?

http://www.pitpass.com/46439-Have-th...sey-Grand-Prix
Old 31 May 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3082329)   #125
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Bernie loves his public 'hurry-ups', don't he? After watching since 1998, i'm finally starting to notice a pattern in Bernie's behaviour...

Selby