Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Jul 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1345389)   #76
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielclarke
LOL you guys make me laugh. No amount of talking and theorizing and philosophy will convert into intelligence or actuial knowledge of what actually goes on in racing or the mind of a racer.

For the hundredth time, I don't have a rich daddy at all. I have a hard working daddy that paid for my karting, but I raced in CADETS and Jnr & Snr TKM (the cheapest classes). No racing in Europe since we couldn't afford it. Hell we even missed out on doing the British Champs, for a while, cos we didn't have enough money.

What I have now though, is the backing from a rich dood. I won't give you his name 'cos I know people will try and poach him. But he's got contacts in F1 and he's got money and most of all, he's got confidence in me to get there. He's seen me, he actually knows me and he's convinced I have what it takes, so much so that this year was all paid by him.

So please don't write me off as a rich daddy's boy. Call me **** if you will, I can tolerate that kind of nonsense. But calling me rich is different...

Regards

Daniel Clarke
http://www.DanielRacing.com
daniel@danielracing.com
Glad to see he is able to show a few people how wrong they were 2/3 years back
Old 2 Jul 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1345489)   #77
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, fair play to him he did excellent at Combe last weekend and certainly has been one of the most impressive rookies this season, certainly more impressive than Tim Bridgman and possibly even Mike Conway. And what does this tell you about Formula Ford over the likes of Formula BMW and Formula Renault as a training ground? You only have to look at Charlie Kimball for another shining example of this.

Dan just needs to become consistent, I'm sure he knows this himself. Its what I've said all along, he clearly has speed but he isn't consistent enough and still is prone to the odd moment of erraticism! If he can sort that out he could go far, he certainly has the right people behind him.
Old 2 Jul 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1345614)   #78
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Dan has proved himself right! He has completely shaken off his 2003 year, look at his record this year and last. In Formula Ford he was on the podium in over half the races which is consistent in my eyes. And now look at him in F3, he has been very consistent in qualifying and the races. I reckon he has the ability to go far, it will probably help his cause that Kimi backs him to get to F1!! I support him at all the meetings I go to, his drive at Croft in the rain was worthy of a future champion IMO.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1347896)   #79
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielclarke
Oh Please!

This is exactly what gives karting a bad name, competition is getting higher and higher until eventually the top money starts paying for the top drives and the top equipment. Hamilton, although he's not a poor driver, is the perfect example of any rich kid buying the best equipment and support to get him the best results. Don't get me wrong, he will probably get into F1, since money will get him there, and will probably get a good seat in McLaren, but there are plenty of drivers I could pick out for you that would "whup his ass" if they had the same opportunity :-)

His head is screwed on that's for sure, I've raced against him in the class I used to be in, which was the cheapest, and for the brief year he was there, racing a against drivers from all different financial levels, and he didn't shine through believe me. I've beaten him in races, and we struggled to fund that class! In fact, there are plenty of drivers in club racing who used to beat your Jenson Button and Justin Wilson in karting. Anyway, then Lewis was put in the expensive classes, with the expensive equipment, and suddenly he starts winning races and then heralded as the next F1 star.

If it was the first time I'd heard this about a karting driver, I would be laughing, but it isn't and now I'm starting to get annoyed by it. If people want to know who the best karting driver is coming up the ranks, they should put them all in equal karts and see how they get on, rich kids like Lewis Hamilton with their enormous US style motorhomes, (which cost more than the house I live in) Alex Lloyd and the likes of Michael Conway (who can't even heel and toe in FFord I might add) Would be forgotten about.

There are kids out there (I include myself because I'm sooo big-headed) Who have the genuine ability and determination to be the best. But simply can't afford the high costs that have arisen from the serious competition in just about every class of Motor Racing now. I achieved nothing special in Karting, due to lack of funds, I was in the cheapest class (TKM) which offers very close, competitive racing simply because all the financially-challenged drivers are in there. I came out with 4th in the British Championship in my last year (2000)

I then went into cars, single seaters with Silverstone Drive. I was lucky to be able to afford the £30k that got me in their BRDC championship. I won it, now I'm trying to fund an Avon Junior drive, but am struggling. Now people are telling me how good i am to have won the championship, I was only there because of money, if others had money, they would provide me with very close racing, prolly' even beat me, they fact is, racing is now about money, and not really ability.

Okay, in the lower classes, you'll see ability shining through, but that isn't on TV, that isn't in the public light. Whereas F1 for example, F3, FFord and FRenault, well it's only the well-off people that are there anyway, Avon Junior's will cost me £65k for the summer champs. Do you know anyone, personally, who could afford that? How about around £100k for Slick50?; £150k for FRenault?; £350k for F3?; and last but not least, millions for F1, well how much does F1 cost for the drivers not in the teams who can actually afford not to charge drivers, 'cos there aren't many. There's an experienced racing driver working for Silverstone Drive, well there are a few, but the guy organising BRDC FFord Championship that they run, Ken Bowes, will get anyone in F1 for only £5million. That's right:

F1 drive available, £5million o.n.o. Rich buggers apply within...

Come on all you financially-challenged drivers, lets all band together, and do..... do exactly nothing because money seems to simply dicate everything these days :-)

Regards

Daniel Clarke
http://www.DanielRacing.com
Very amusing post from Mr. Clarke. I think that he is a very competant driver but world champion or even f1 grade I think not!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1348907)   #80
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crikey!

I've just spent the most amazing 15 minutes of my life reading some of the most self-serving, inaccurate and unadulterated C**p I have ever come across.

I don't work in motorsport, have never been a racing driver and am not relayed to anyone who is. I am a simple fan - I have a particular driver that I support and admire - he has no family money, no mega sponsors and no rich dood, but has simply worked hard and is making a reasonable living as a racing driver (i.e. getting paid to do it).

Daniel Clark obviously thinks very highly of himself... He starts with a huge and inaccurate rant about 'rich drivers' and slags off Lewis Hamilton for having the TALENT and (yes) the MARKETABILITY to have landed a major sponsorship deal without which he would not be racing; he then goes on to crow that he has "a rich dood" supporting him (that's ok then).

I have did have the great pleasure of meeting Lewis and his family a couple of years ago, and they were really nice ordinary people; as for Lewis, lets face it - he is good, very, very good, which is the primary reason he has McLaren support.

Grow up fella and let the driving do the talking and maybe, just maybe people will see past the ego and the rich dood and see that you are after all the driver you obviously believe yourself to be.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1348914)   #81
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair to him, that was posted a long time ago...although the legacy of those type of comments has lived on with many around here. I feel that Dan has probably grown up quite a bit and realised some of his errors since this was written.

As for Lewis, super guy, super talent....enough said!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1348939)   #82
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the few occasions i have met them I agree, Lewis and his family are very nice people indeed. Mr Jinxx who has known them since the early karting days has nothing but good things to say about them. As for Lewis, he is an excellent driver who has maximised all the help he has had from Ron Dennis. A genuine guy and a super talent who i hope makes it all the way to the top.