Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 May 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2464372)   #26
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it cheape rto take the wife and Kids to the Races. Good meals, a flutter on the neddies and all go hame happy, no extra admision to the stables, to talk to the hoops and trainers.
Just like the AFL/NRL/V8 Circus, we are family orientated sports, for those family's that can aford an outlay for tickets, merchandise, (made in china for $5.00 bucks a throw), over priced fastfood, (eating cardboard is more nutrisous), and a arm and leg + first born for a refreshing ale.

Why go , when you stay at home watch it on TV, not the best coverage but,
still , as the Marx brothers enjoyed , A Day at The Races might be a better option for a family outing.
Old 18 May 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2464468)   #27
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
Taken over 3 days as they are all done 3 times 10000 sounds about right.
Sorry DJJ, I should have been clearer, I was refering ot the 30,000 as being the number that V8SCA always throw around as being the number for Sunday only, but I suppose from your position of clarity in the 'burbs of NZ you would know that.
Old 18 May 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2464472)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
while im not going to argue with the 30k comment to say only 10k attend is just as ridiculous. ive been there ive seen the crowd and it is more than 10k
Old 18 May 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2464509)   #29
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
All that "Motorsports Tasmania" LINKY seem to end up with is some circuit hire dollars, and maybe food & drinks revenue ?

But if crowd numbers are down, at least the parent company ends up absorbing some of the potential loss.

Anyone care to predict a crowd figure for the Tassie round ?

hmmmmmmm, I guess they can turn to Davo or Mr Fox if they need help counting heads. Both these fellas have had a ride in the V8 experience.

And by the way, the circuit owner does not have a say in how many food and drink stands operate, so if you go thirsty, don't blame them. Nor do they have a say in how many portable dunnys are on site.

Last edited by MPA; 18 May 2009 at 12:54. Reason: typo
Old 19 May 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2464902)   #30
L34
Rookie

Australia
North Western Sydney, NSW, Australia
L34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And here I thought it was only Eastern Creek that was having these issues and the people of Sydney copped flack.

It seems the Victorians have caught on, 5 odd years after the Sydney folks. Good to see nothing has changed south of the border.

Still, the Homebush, Telstra, TC 500 will save the day for V8supercars in NSW.

Still I look forward to handing over $260 for the Wife, kids 15 & 13, and I. throw in for wonderful dagwood dogs, soggy chips and lukewarm pies + $7 odd bucks for a Mid strengh VB or 3. to see 30 - 50 meters of cars going past. Yeah I can see why people would rather fork out thier hard earned, when they could fire up the BBQ at home cook some nice porterhouse steaks, a potato bake, salads, invites some friends, the Comfort of A/C, a slab of a nice beer or a bottle or 2 of a nice classy Bourbon and sit down in front of the 50" and see the whole race.

Good to see V8SC bucking the trend in economic uncertain times.
Old 19 May 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2464962)   #31
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
while im not going to argue with the 30k comment to say only 10k attend is just as ridiculous. ive been there ive seen the crowd and it is more than 10k
Based on your knowledge of accurately coming up with attendance numbers, how many attend Winton, now remember I do know the accurate numbers, not so much for this year, but in previous years.

I have been given the accurate numbers for Tassie, not a fans best guess, but go your hardest anyway.
Old 19 May 2009, 08:00 (Ref:2464966)   #32
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA View Post
And by the way, the circuit owner does not have a say in how many food and drink stands operate, so if you go thirsty, don't blame them. Nor do they have a say in how many portable dunnys are on site.
Where in the hell did you get that information from?

Whilst it could be said to be true for Phillip Island as the Foxes just hire the track to Cochrane et el, John Tetely from Queensland Raceway would have bloody good idea of those numbers and what goes on, I don't beleive he has handed over control of his raceway to V8SCA.

Certainly Mick Ronke would definetly know those numbers, and he certainly has a say on how many food and drink outlets are on site, bloody hell, try to get some on there without him knowing and see what happens -
Old 19 May 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2465017)   #33
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
Based on your knowledge of accurately coming up with attendance numbers, how many attend Winton, now remember I do know the accurate numbers, not so much for this year, but in previous years.

I have been given the accurate numbers for Tassie, not a fans best guess, but go your hardest anyway.
i wasnt at Winton, so i cant say, but it did seem down on the coverage

who says your number is any more accurate?
Old 19 May 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2465047)   #34
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post

Could it be like the Gabba, With multi coulored seats, in staggered arrangement, as the camera pans around it looks like it is chockers, same same for Suncorp, so if we pan a camera quickly at a race meet, the different coloured tops of the punters will give an image on TV , that there is a full house.
Are the trickery they come up, it entices punters to go next meet, and they will go earlier to avoid the crowd.

Stats and colours are a magical tool use to promote and sell.

If a survey of 1000 people at the Winton Races, said : 45 % liked it, of that 45% , 23% said it was good, of the 23% , 18% said it was the best they had seen, of that 18% , 92% said it was the greatest V8 race ever.

So 92 % of Race fans agee that the V8's are the greatest.

pretty easy hey.
Old 19 May 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2465098)   #35
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseIII View Post
Depends on whether you're counting bodies... or heads -

They should get the locals to do the count. At least that way they'll have plenty of fingers on which to keep the talley.
Old 19 May 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2465443)   #36
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
who says your number is any more accurate?
I do!

Check your PM's for my reasoning.
Old 21 May 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2466266)   #37
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
(although I now hear the booze sales have outstripped previous years, because of the warmer waether ?) so maybe it is swings & roundabouts.
Shouldn't that be Swigs & roundabouts
Old 21 May 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2466406)   #38
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA;
Shouldn't that be Swigs & roundabouts
Nice !

Hey PVDA, you might consider adding Big Kev to your sig......

Didn't he 'chuck a heartie' when he got excited ?
Old 22 May 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2466946)   #39
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
According to the ever optomistic V8 Supercar website the Winton attendance was UP this year. Having attended Winton V8 Rounds regularly over the years I find this rather surprising. It did not look like a very big crowd.
Crowds are always up. Even when its bucketting rain. They also aren't auditted.

It used to be amusing. Now no-one cares the figures are so distrusted.