Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3302224)   #1
hannabyjj
Rookie

hannabyjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New found hamilton consistency

I think Hmilton is the only driver, certainly the only top driver to have finished every race this year and scored points at every race but one. For me this is very impressive considering a couple of years ago he was viewed as a 'crash kid' in some peoples eyes. Is he now one of or the most consistent driver on the grid ?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3302235)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that by this period in his career, consistency ought to be an easy thing to attain. For Monza qualifying, he admitted to "driving like an idiot". I still think that he's having issues with the cars braking characteristics, which obviously doesn't help with your confidence.

Edit: His team mate has also been consistent, but has suffered far more reliability issues.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3302309)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wouldn't say "new found", but yes he is.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3302471)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
He has impressed me this year!

Not so much his Monza qualifying, but he has at least developed the maturity to fess up to his mistakes.

I really wish he would leave the dog at home though, I have no idea why he feels it necessary to take it to the circuit, and it must be very distracting!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3302476)   #5
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I really wish he would leave the dog at home though, I have no idea why he feels it necessary to take it to the circuit, and it must be very distracting!
The appearance of Roscoe so soon after the disappearance of Nicole must be connected I would have thought.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3302477)   #6
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would rather have Roscoe at my side !
Old 12 Sep 2013, 00:54 (Ref:3302488)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
The appearance of Roscoe so soon after the disappearance of Nicole must be connected I would have thought.
How is the dogs hearing these days I wonder ...
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:51 (Ref:3302516)   #8
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But finishing in the points in every race just means you haven't had anything go wrong... you could say the same about several drivers if they didn't have issues. ie Vettel would have finished every race on the podium (apart from 4th at Spain) if he didn't break down in Britain. Webber, Kimi, Alonso, all would have finished in the points in every race without car issues. Well, maybe not Alonso, the wing explosion was his own fault.

Actually Hamilton did have a 12th in Spain, but that was the one with the puncture so it wasn't his fault. He would have won otherwise.

Yeah I guess he has been more consistent since about mid-way through 2012. He has been behind Rosberg some of this year, but maybe that was just warming up to the car because he's outclassed Nico for a few races now. Nico has always been inconsistent, sometimes on it, sometimes on a Sunday drive.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 04:38 (Ref:3302522)   #9
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
But finishing in the points in every race just means you haven't had anything go wrong... you could say the same about several drivers if they didn't have issues. ie Vettel would have finished every race on the podium (apart from 4th at Spain) if he didn't break down in Britain. Webber, Kimi, Alonso, all would have finished in the points in every race without car issues. Well, maybe not Alonso, the wing explosion was his own fault.
Rosberg too was on to finish every race in the points were it not for car failure (something that cannot be said for his teammate). Maybe even Massa, but I think the consensus is that the spin in Germany came before the gearbox failure.
Quote:
Actually Hamilton did have a 12th in Spain, but that was the one with the puncture so it wasn't his fault. He would have won otherwise.
Hamilton was never going to win in Spain and he didn't have a puncture there. I think you might be confusing that race with Britain. In Spain, Mercedes locked out the front row (Rosberg on pole) but both cars went backwards in a hurry during the race because of their excessive tire wear issues. Rosberg finished 6th, Hamilton 12th. The infamous "illegal tire test" happened just after this race, and the Mercs haven't been anywhere near this bad with tires since.
Quote:
Yeah I guess he has been more consistent since about mid-way through 2012. He has been behind Rosberg some of this year, but maybe that was just warming up to the car because he's outclassed Nico for a few races now. Nico has always been inconsistent, sometimes on it, sometimes on a Sunday drive.
I would disagree. Hamilton was clearly better for four straight races from Canada to Hungary, but I feel Rosberg has edged it the last two.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3303419)   #10
hannabyjj
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Rosberg too was on to finish every race in the points were it not for car failure (something that cannot be said for his teammate). Maybe even Massa, but I think the consensus is that the spin in Germany came before the gearbox failure.
Hamilton was never going to win in Spain and he didn't have a puncture there. I think you might be confusing that race with Britain. In Spain, Mercedes locked out the front row (Rosberg on pole) but both cars went backwards in a hurry during the race because of their excessive tire wear issues. Rosberg finished 6th, Hamilton 12th. The infamous "illegal tire test" happened just after this race, and the Mercs haven't been anywhere near this bad with tires since.
I would disagree. Hamilton was clearly better for four straight races from Canada to Hungary, but I feel Rosberg has edged it the last two.
Rosberg has edged it the last two ? I'm sorry what. Spa was quite even but he was outqualified and beaten in the race by lewis and in Monza rosberg (though finshing ahead of hamilton) was downright awful.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3303422)   #11
hannabyjj
Rookie

Quote:

Webber has done plenty wrong this year hitting rosberg in Bahrain, hitting Vergne in China and generally being a waste of a top seat. As for Kimi he smashed into back of Perez in Monza and maybe China. Vettel hit button in hungary
Old 13 Sep 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3303502)   #12
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabyjj View Post
Rosberg has edged it the last two ? I'm sorry what. Spa was quite even but he was outqualified and beaten in the race by lewis and in Monza rosberg (though finshing ahead of hamilton) was downright awful.
In Spa, Rosberg was clearly the fastest in Q3 and would have gotten pole but for Hamilton and the Red Bulls getting an extra lap on a rapidly drying track. I can't count bad luck against Rosberg there. During the race, Hamilton pulled out a gap on the first stint as Rosberg was on a scrubbed set of tires and Hamilton had fresh ones, but on the next two stints (when both were on equal condition tires) Rosberg reeled him back in and finished 2 seconds behind. It was close, but I feel Rosberg edged it.

Monza, Rosberg made Q3 and Hamilton didn't. During the race both were stuck behind other cars and hardly making an impression (in fact Hamilton was re-overtaken by Button at one point) until Hamilton had a slow puncture and had to switch to a two stop strategy (and luckily at a near ideal time). Of course, with fresh softs and DRS he was able to overtake cars but he wasn't able to to end the race anywhere as close to Rosberg as a two-stop should have been, he finished nearly an entire pit stop behind. It's hard judge this sort of weekend for the two Merc drivers (Rosberg missing P3, Hamilton held up by Sutil on his last Q2 run, Hamilton forced to change strategy mid-race), but I give the edge to Rosberg.