Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3730141)   #351
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bottas has joined the club but he shouldn't be there too long, although Mercedes will have to share more wins with Ferrari this year.
Old 2 May 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3730541)   #352
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Bottas has joined the club but he shouldn't be there too long, although Mercedes will have to share more wins with Ferrari this year.
Oh he'll definitely not be in this club for very long!!

Mind you I recall Imola '97 Frentzen drove a really polished race to break his duck and I thought he was going to push on for a title tilt!!
Old 2 May 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3730568)   #353
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Oh he'll definitely not be in this club for very long!!

Mind you I recall Imola '97 Frentzen drove a really polished race to break his duck and I thought he was going to push on for a title tilt!!
Which he did eventually in 99. Obviously he more suited to the environment of Jordan than Williams
Old 2 May 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3730580)   #354
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Which he did eventually in 99. Obviously he more suited to the environment of Jordan than Williams
1999 was a peculiar year, like 1982. If Schumacher hadn't been injured, you have to think he'd have won comfortably (no disrespect to Fast Eddie or Mika Salo).
Old 4 May 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3731070)   #355
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
1999 was a peculiar year, like 1982. If Schumacher hadn't been injured, you have to think he'd have won comfortably (no disrespect to Fast Eddie or Mika Salo).

Not necessarily he did make quite a few mistakes under pressure, so you never know
Old 4 May 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3731077)   #356
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OT. He had one of his best races that year. Malaysia was sublime. In that race he showed not only was he the best no.1 driver, but also the best no.2. He was so good that he even managed to get Irvine his win.

Still OT. Overall that year he'd have been in with a shot, but McLaren and Mika threw dozens of points away, spins, failures and DC driving into Mika. If Michael had been around, oddly, this might not have happen.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3749769)   #357
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I suppose we knew that wouldn't last too long.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3749798)   #358
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yep, he has passed the magic 1 win mark and taken his 2nd one.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3751331)   #359
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bobby Kubiza.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3751971)   #360
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sebastian Vettel.

In Baku.

Actually no, that was two hits, wasn't it.......
Old 16 Jul 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3752042)   #361
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
now now, there.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3752250)   #362
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
now now, there.
Sorry.......
Old 18 Jul 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3752320)   #363
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Yep, he has passed the magic 1 win mark and taken his 2nd one.
He now joins the elite list of the likes of Elio de Angelis, Patrick Tambay, and Jean-Pierre Jabouille
Old 1 Oct 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3770876)   #364
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Verstappen's finally out of this club.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3771087)   #365
S griffin
Veteran

Who'd have thought Bottas would have got out before him though?
Old 3 Sep 2019, 02:22 (Ref:3925506)   #366
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It has been a while but we finally have a new addition to the list and im guessing he will be off of it by seasons end.

Reading back, i completely forgot that Kubica is on this list.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3925639)   #367
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well remembered Great thread bumpage.

Perhaps next weekend? Monza should be a Ferrari track (from a historic perspective, but also this year's car is quick in a straight line).
Old 3 Sep 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3925640)   #368
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe Ferrari get a bye from the FIA this weekend. They can run their 4.5l V12s.

On another tack, when will Maldonado get out of here?
Old 3 Sep 2019, 23:33 (Ref:3925674)   #369
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Makes you wonder who will be next.

Albon has the best opportunity.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3925731)   #370
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
He now joins the elite list of the likes of Elio de Angelis, Patrick Tambay, and Jean-Pierre Jabouille
Not so fast, Elio de Angelis was a really good and quick driver, he hosed off both Andretti and Mansell as team mates, the only thing that prevented him getting more wins was getting killed when the rear wing on the Brabham failed in testing at Paul Ricard.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3925800)   #371
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Makes you wonder who will be next.

Albon has the best opportunity.
for sure he is up there. the kid has hustle!

but he is not the only one! im gonna go more optimistic with Norris. i think if the conditions are right, rain in Singapore or Brazil, i (hope to) see him stealing a win. and if not this year, then next year as Mclaren take another step closer to the top 3.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3925838)   #372
S griffin
Veteran

Who knows how long we will wait for Leclerc to leave this club? After all Bottas left before Max, even though Max took his first win almost a year before Valterri..
Old 4 Sep 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3925885)   #373
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
just my opinion, but im feeling a Mika Hakkinen at the end of 97 type situation here...out of the title hunt so set up Leclerc as their next title hopeful, give him the momentum through the off season, plant the challenge flag now and that means Leclerc notching up some more race wins by this seasons end.

remains to be seen if Vettee will willingly play the role of Coulthard or not...i doubt he will so imo its going to be an interesting 8 races!
Old 5 Sep 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3925946)   #374
S griffin
Veteran

To be fair DC was a very good driver, but not a great like Vettel, even if Vettel makes a lot of mistakes. We'll see if this win for Leclerc's win is going to be an instant springboard for future success. Don't forget it took Mika a lot longer to take his first win, but then we knew his talent was there from the start
Old 5 Sep 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3926055)   #375
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sort of one hit wonder....

Just saw this on Autosport.com 😂😂😂

Ex-Williams and Lotus driver Pastor Maldonado claims he was "close" to joining Ferrari for the 2014 Formula 1 season and that he was "expecting" the move to happen

What can one say?... One hit as in one “win” not one accident....that would be silly