Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Sep 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3305143)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
FIA to get tough with cost-cutting (again)

Or: Not actually another driver thread.

It's FIA President election time! Todt already has his gloves off and threatens to punch well above his weight (and height) with yet more plans to cut costs for F1 teams.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109830

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109923

Thoughts, if any.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3305206)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brief and to-the-point thoughts:

RRA is a load of tosh. Asking the teams to check their own spending is like asking Spanish politicians to be in charge of stopping their own corruption (or asking Clegg or Cameron to do something honest and decent).

I'd favour a budget cap including the drivers' salaries. Why should they be excluded?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3305214)   #3
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And to help cut costs we have new engines and regs next year . I agree about RRA , would be like letting our MP's control their own expenses .
Old 17 Sep 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3305233)   #4
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Something has to be done. I know rumours are rumours, but how many of the current crop of teams are supposed to be struggling if you believe the media?

Quote:
Last year, all but two teams were in favour of the FIA policing a chassis RRA, but the governing body did not want to implement it without unanimous support.
As if you are ever going to get all 11 teams to agree to something so radical. 9 out of 11 should have been good enough to push this through.

It's Maruissa and Caterham (and HRT) that I feel sorry for. They put together their F1 entries on the back of all teams supposedly slashing budgets etc. a few years ago. The goalposts move, as if it is not difficult enough as it is to design and put together a competitive car/team from scratch.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3305305)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Something along the lines of a policed budget cap is entirely possible. Forensic accountancy actually works very well, particularly if the penalty for transgression is high enough.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3305377)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like Raikkonen back at Ferrari, it might work !
Old 18 Sep 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3305903)   #7
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Like Raikkonen back at Ferrari, it might work !
It is a must at this stage.