Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3477823)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations Lewis Hamilton - 2014 World Champion

Congratulations to a new double world champion.

A very impressive season by Lewis.

Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3477828)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3477834)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3477839)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well done Lewis. Well deserved.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3477840)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Haven't liked him since he left McLaren for the money at Mercedes. What was he thinking with that? Money grabber!
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3477843)   #6
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Congratulations to a new double world champion.

A very impressive season by Lewis.

Absolutely.
On the season's results, the right man of the most dominant team won the title.
Thoroughly deserved, and may he enjoy the fruits of it. My guess is that Mercedes negotiation offers will be quite generous.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3477844)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Craig.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3477845)   #8
Jordan 199
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jordan 199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really a Hamilton fan but he deserved the title this year. Rosberg drove very well all season to keep in the hunt, but was unlucky with his engine and just wasn't able to take the fight to Lewis properly.

After the start though I thought Hamilton had it in the bag, even though I would rather have seen Rosberg in that position!
Old 23 Nov 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3477870)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Awesome season Lewis, congratulations !
Old 23 Nov 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3477872)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes a fine year Lewis you deserved it
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3477883)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Lewis. 11 wins in a season - On Schumi's ranks of wins (like in 2002).
As I said elsewhere, I've earned 1 Kg of fine ice cream for Hamilton's championship.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3477889)   #12
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very worthy winner: thankfully he kept his head together better than when he has been in with a shout on previous occasions.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3477908)   #13
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, thoroughly deserved.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3477916)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Lewis. Your second championship probably took longer than you expected - but you deserved to win this year.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3477926)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
His fans are all ******s but he can't help that. Present company excepted, of course.

Well done, Lewis. A thoroughly deserved title. I honestly thought he'd crack but instead he got stronger and stronger. I just hope next year's title race is between more than one car and two drivers.

(Edit: the autocensor did its job there but may have made that look rather more offensive than intended...! )
Old 23 Nov 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3477944)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great way to finish it off.

A double world champion. Woo.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3477946)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Of course Lewis is a top driver since his debut. But his car was way above his rivals, like Schumi in some of his Ferrari titles. It's hard to call him a champion when his rivals had lesser cars.

I think that F1 should change rules to keep technological development (especially in engines) but reduce gap between teams.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3477949)   #18
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I think that F1 should change rules to keep technological development (especially in engines) but reduce gap between teams.
It's one or the other if people want decent racing. I think this is what current Formula Bernie cars are trying to achieve.

Congrats Lewis. I always thought he was the new Jacques Villeneuve, but looks like I've been proven wrong.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3477965)   #19
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
He's been excellent this season. Well deserved WDC.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3477966)   #20
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Of course Lewis is a top driver since his debut. But his car was way above his rivals, like Schumi in some of his Ferrari titles. It's hard to call him a champion when his rivals had lesser cars.

What complete ********!!!

F1 isn't corporate karting where the karts are meant to be equal, it's a professional sport where the best designers produce the best cars and have good drivers to drive them!. Schumacher had the best car with the ferrari, button with the brawn, vettel with the red bull and hamilton with the mercedes...hamilton and his team did the best job this year and won the championship...simple
Old 23 Nov 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3477973)   #21
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It still puzzles me how many people just don't get that motor racing is a team sport.

The culture of the individual icon seems to have replaced an understanding of what racing is all about.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3477985)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I was satisfied with Hamilton's championship. He fought Rosberg, he fought his demons, he bounced back from bad luck. That's a mark of memorable champion.

It wasn't one of those Vettel championships where he cantered off into the distance in a Neweymobile. Sure, Seb got his championship but the title struck a somewhat underwhelming note nevertheless - if only for me.

Hamilton's title was hard won on behalf of the driver. It was a tough title, well won.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3477986)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Haven't liked him since he left McLaren for the money at Mercedes. What was he thinking with that? Money grabber!
In the end, we can see that many people were wrong to judge this a bad decision, because this has also allowed him to grab another championship, something he wouldn't have otherwise been able to do.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3477992)   #24
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
It's only with hindsight that you could tell. Even Lauda admitted it today that when he poached Hamilton the team was "nowhere". And if Mercedes had of taken a different direction in design for the new rules - who knows? Maybe we'd right now be having a radically different conversation about Hamilton being in the career doldrums. Such is F1.

Mclaren losing the works edge of course and it being unclear whether they'd get back on the works gravy train - these were all good signs that a move to works muscle made some sense.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3478001)   #25
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I was satisfied with Hamilton's championship. He fought Rosberg, he fought his demons, he bounced back from bad luck. That's a mark of memorable champion.

It wasn't one of those Vettel championships where he cantered off into the distance in a Neweymobile. Sure, Seb got his championship but the title struck a somewhat underwhelming note nevertheless - if only for me.

Hamilton's title was hard won on behalf of the driver. It was a tough title, well won.
+1 to that.
Most titles are won by the best car or a battle between equal cars and close to equal drivers.

Hamilton's opposition was his team mate but it was a win he had to fight for and overcome.
Overcoming is what makes him a worthy champion.