Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jul 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3557563)   #51
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
No, you're almost definitely not wrong, but my point was that if it wasn't common knowledge that the regs would head down a similar route to P1 in terms of chassis regulations, then it would be a pretty safe second-guess.

SMP may be frustrated by recent developments, but I'm not sure how sensible their approach has been - seemingly investing a huge amount of money in developing the "Ideal LMP2 Car" in the knowledge that it would be obsolete after a couple of seasons anyway. Not sure I have a lot of sympathy for them.
That is quite a senseless and unnecessary statement. Paolo Catone received the final okay for the LM2 development in January 2014 and work started in February. At this time there was not the slightest sign of the ACO plans. SMP wanted to design a car purely for LMP2 and not transfer a LMP1 design to LMP2. So what is wrong on this plans.
Now they have burned a lot of money and there treated like idiots by the ACO. But be sure they will come back with some more. Likely a P1.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3557564)   #52
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
As for the accusation that ORECA knew something others didn't by designing a tub that won't need major modifications for the new P2 regs, perhaps people are forgetting that it's the same tub used by Rebellion in their P1 car. It wouldn't take a genius to predict that for 2017, the ACO would introduce LMP1 safety standards and narrower cars like the category's older siblings. Nothing underhand or suspicious about that for me, it's just smart planning from the guys and girls at ORECA.
Thats true, looks like I put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

About Strakka, is it likely that they are one of the other manufacturers that Greaves have looked at for there 2017 entry?
Old 11 Jul 2015, 16:41 (Ref:3557570)   #53
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I guess the only option is AER.

I don´t have a good feeling on this. They aren´t capable of building a top P2 and they move to P1, sounds like the Adess/Kolles/Lotus P2.
AER is the obvious choice, given it's a proven option and would remove one variable versus Rebellion/ByKolles.
But Gibson and Judd both have normally aspirated V8s of around 4.5 litres on the drawing board so there are other options available.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3557578)   #54
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How is AER 'the only option'? There have literally been dozen of parties throwing their hats to the ring (you only need to look back at fall 2013 - winter 2014 list of potentials), but it's hard to get anything done when the interest in the 'class' has been so thin previously. And now with the stupid spec crap in both lower LMP classes, there's even more reason for engine manufacturers to have business in LMP1.

Someone buy Judd V10!
Old 11 Jul 2015, 20:04 (Ref:3557596)   #55
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
honestly I doubt NA engines will still have long life in lmp1...
maybe this is the last year if toyota will get a turbo engine for real next season.
Old 12 Jul 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3557925)   #56
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
honestly I doubt NA engines will still have long life in lmp1...
maybe this is the last year if toyota will get a turbo engine for real next season.

I think your right, anyone choosing an engine won't go N/A, times are changing, less to go wrong with the N/A but not as much performance.

Who else on the market sells turbo engines?
Old 12 Jul 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3557946)   #57
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
I think your right, anyone choosing an engine won't go N/A, times are changing, less to go wrong with the N/A but not as much performance.

Who else on the market sells turbo engines?
Not many choices as far as those designed for P1 fuel flows. But perhaps Honda?