Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Dec 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3789501)   #876
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
...and the Dynamics announcement, together with the CT at WSR are just waiting for Autosport. So I'm told!
Old 28 Dec 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3789505)   #877
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
PMR team has already a very good young gun (S.Proctor) and they should focus to engage a top driver like Huff (difficult) or Plato. Tordoff and Nash would also good to replace Chilton but definitely i would go for the first two

But maybe PMR-Vauxhall has a 3° tbl for the new season...who knows...
Is Proctor definitely staying at PMR?

And Nash has never done anything to suggest he is a top line touring car driver.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3789518)   #878
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and still no news on the big names
Well the second biggest name has already confirmed they won't be in BTCC next season. Still waiting on the biggest name to confirm if they're staying with Amd...
Old 28 Dec 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3789520)   #879
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Well the second biggest name has already confirmed they won't be in BTCC next season. Still waiting on the biggest name to confirm if they're staying with Amd...
Old 29 Dec 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3789527)   #880
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Is Proctor definitely staying at PMR?
No it's not confirmed. I think they would retain him because he did absolutely well in his first season in BTCC
Old 29 Dec 2017, 09:59 (Ref:3789562)   #881
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would be surprised if Proctor isn't on the grid with someone in 2018
Old 29 Dec 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3789578)   #882
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I would be amazed if young Proctor isn't on the grid. AFAIK he has budget and he showed plenty of talent.

Ditto AWE on the talent front. He and Mike Bushel were class acts in Clios. Really pleased Bushel is back - and with a bigger team so that he can draw on others experience.
Old 29 Dec 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3789635)   #883
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I would be amazed if young Proctor isn't on the grid. AFAIK he has budget and he showed plenty of talent.
Quite ironic considering his dad famously did his 05 season on the shoestringiest of shoestring budgets!
Old 29 Dec 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3789661)   #884
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
I suspect one of those big names is still wondering how he let the rug get pulled from under him, and if he still has any cards left under the table
Can you still have cards under the table if you've had the rug pulled from under you?
Old 29 Dec 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3789662)   #885
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Can you still have cards under the table if you've had the rug pulled from under you?
Hmm maybe not

I could say another card up a sleeve, but I'm not sure that's still on his back!!
Old 29 Dec 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3789687)   #886
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What if a certain ex-888 shareholder and driver had the cars and transporters removed from the farm and placed with his current team due to some sort of money issue, therefore adding something to the Amd conundrum?
Old 29 Dec 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3789688)   #887
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
What if a certain ex-888 shareholder and driver had the cars and transporters removed from the farm and placed with his current team due to some sort of money issue, therefore adding something to the Amd conundrum?
Thanks for talking in riddles.

Assume you mean Lee Mowle? Who raced for AmD in British GT as well as 888, both in Z4s?
Old 30 Dec 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3789770)   #888
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Thanks for talking in riddles.

Assume you mean Lee Mowle? Who raced for AmD in British GT as well as 888, both in Z4s?
A lot of the 888 equipment including the cars were registered to Mowle before the BMR deal, never kept track after that though. It has to be noted the AmD are recruiting staff too! I may just be adding fuel to a rumour here, but it does seem to have some mileage, especially when linked with Shaun Hollamby’s comments about next years plans.
Old 30 Dec 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3789771)   #889
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
A lot of the 888 equipment including the cars were registered to Mowle before the BMR deal, never kept track after that though. It has to be noted the AmD are recruiting staff too! I may just be adding fuel to a rumour here, but it does seem to have some mileage, especially when linked with Shaun Hollamby’s comments about next years plans.
I was looking for some sort of connection. Also I noticed that Amd retweeted a JCT 600 tweet, so maybe shaun is just playing with us!
Old 30 Dec 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3789776)   #890
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
And Nash has never done anything to suggest he is a top line touring car driver.
I mean, there was that time he was in BTCC title contention and won the Independents Trophy. Or when he beat Chilton in his own team in a crappy Focus. Or the time when he came second in TCR International.
Old 30 Dec 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3789777)   #891
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Sellotaped under the table? 😉
Old 30 Dec 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3789779)   #892
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I was looking for some sort of connection. Also I noticed that Amd retweeted a JCT 600 tweet, so maybe shaun is just playing with us!
Ok, so back with AmD running the MGs: Tordoff has had a run in the Audi; the JCT retweet may be background noise but could signify a Tordoff/JCT/AmD link up.

How about the Audis and the MGs being run by Shaun - or Shaun + AN Other as per HARD + Brisky? Maybe one MG only - one was OKish, one's a shed and the ATS/Croft one presumably was weighed in for scrap.

All that has been publicly seen of the Audis recently is one straight and freshly painted shell... which suggests at least one is being prepped for the season.

Unrelated: one of Mr Platos companies has recently ceased to exist. Is the old boy winding down?
Old 30 Dec 2017, 11:43 (Ref:3789780)   #893
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Unrelated: one of Mr Platos companies has recently ceased to exist. Is the old boy winding down?
Which one?
Old 30 Dec 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3789784)   #894
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How about the Audis and the MGs being run by Shaun - or Shaun + AN Other as per HARD + Brisky?
My guess is that the MGs will be entered as "Triple Eight", so there is no change of TBL, but effectively run out of AmD.
Old 30 Dec 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3789787)   #895
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
My guess is that the MGs will be entered as "Triple Eight", so there is no change of TBL, but effectively run out of AmD.
That would also make a lot of sense; what I had forgot to post earlier was: the cars are useless without TBLs, so presumably any deal that saw them being utilised to service a debt would have seen the TBLs included.
Old 30 Dec 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3789789)   #896
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Which one?
Plato Management Limited. Dissolved in October.
Old 30 Dec 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3789795)   #897
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Plato Management Limited. Dissolved in October.
Didn't that just do similar to Brand Pilot or was PML more his personal management
Old 30 Dec 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3789800)   #898
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That company hasn't really been in use for the last three years by the looks of the companies house docs so I wouldn't read too much into it.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 01:04 (Ref:3789884)   #899
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Is Triple Eight much of a standalone team these days? Has the owner/owners lost interest or is budgetary?
Old 31 Dec 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3789949)   #900
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Is Triple Eight much of a standalone team these days? Has the owner/owners lost interest or is budgetary?
I'm not sure who owner actually is now.

Lee Mowle bought 50% of the company from Ian Harrison in 2013. Warren Scott 'bought' the company in 2016. Don't know the details of what has happened now, but it appears that there has been a dispute over payment and Mowle has effectively repossessed everything.

I don't know if that means Mowle has just the equipment, or if he now owns the entire company. I suspect probably the latter.

Suppose I should add 'allegedly' here as some of this is hearsay and conjecture.