Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Dec 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3786735)   #121
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As to what Honda’s problems are... it seems to be primarily MGU-H (both performance and reliability) and I think secondarily ICE efficiency issues. I believe they have things in the works for both including a redesign of the MGU-H (which is a substantial change, especially given this would be the third design for this engine spec just for this component from Honda).

Richard
Old 13 Dec 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3786779)   #122
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
Totally off topic - Sorry!

I'm just glad that this thread has moved onto a new page without the wide pictures needing to scroll back and forth across the page to read every post!
Old 13 Dec 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3786795)   #123
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm just glad that this thread has moved onto a new page without the wide pictures needing to scroll back and forth across the page to read every post!
You're right. I don't understand how when you post a photo, it resizes perfectly, then after it is posted it is suddenly off the scale.
Should images not be resized automatically to fit in the page format?
Old 13 Dec 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3786836)   #124
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I assume this is for the Mika photo on the previous page?

As best as I can tell this is a browser thing? I use Chrome on both my iPad and my Windows desktop. The image is resized to a smaller size (to fit the device) and I don't get scroll bars on both devices. If I click on it, however it does load the larger version. If I try in IE 11 (which I never use) it gives me the super large image. So I assume Chrome must auto-resize large images?

Richard
Old 14 Dec 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3786936)   #125
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I assume this is for the Mika photo on the previous page?

As best as I can tell this is a browser thing? I use Chrome on both my iPad and my Windows desktop. The image is resized to a smaller size (to fit the device) and I don't get scroll bars on both devices. If I click on it, however it does load the larger version. If I try in IE 11 (which I never use) it gives me the super large image. So I assume Chrome must auto-resize large images?

Richard
Thank you Richard.

As you say, it seems like an Internet Explorer problem, tried Chrome as you suggested and the images are all resized! Magic!
Old 14 Dec 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3786964)   #126
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Thank you Richard.

As you say, it seems like an Internet Explorer problem, tried Chrome as you suggested and the images are all resized! Magic!
Brilliant! I've been trying to avoid using chrome as some of the stuff I use doesn't seem to work as well as IE, but it looks like it's going to be my go-to application for ten-tenths from now on!
Old 14 Dec 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3786965)   #127
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problems with Microsoft Edge here. Those still using IE need to switch over to Edge. IE is dying (being strangled to death slowly by Bill).
Old 14 Dec 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3786983)   #128
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
No problems with Microsoft Edge here. Those still using IE need to switch over to Edge. IE is dying (being strangled to death slowly by Bill).
The problem is that my work computer runs Windows 7, so I'm stick with IE...
Old 14 Dec 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3786997)   #129
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the input guys, Admin is aware of the issue, and confirms that it's Internet Explorer.

It's being looked into, but in the mean time, the site and images will appear correctly in other browsers.

SBF
Old 14 Dec 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3787003)   #130
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Thanks for the input guys, Admin is aware of the issue, and confirms that it's Internet Explorer.

It's being looked into, but in the mean time, the site and images will appear correctly in other browsers.

SBF
Thanks for your efforts, it's not a life or death issue, but just gets a bit frustrating at times! As others have said, there are ways around it anyway by using a different browser.
Old 30 Dec 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3789854)   #131
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
Donít worry, my Lord, I have a cunning plan...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...for-new-season

Dear Lord. So if the 2018 engine isn’t any good, it’s OK! They’ll just stick this year’s lump in the back. Franz Tost must be very reassured.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 31 Dec 2017 at 00:36. Reason: Edited to activate the link - SBF
Old 31 Dec 2017, 04:48 (Ref:3789926)   #132
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
"Honda, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning engine plans are here again'.".
Old 1 Jan 2018, 02:05 (Ref:3790063)   #133
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda's plan. "Instead of flushing this one like we've flushed the previous, we are going to polish the 2017 one for 2018. Then if the polished one doesn't work we'll just give Toro Rosso the unpolished one while we keep buffing!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3790084)   #134
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpolinski View Post
Honda's plan. "Instead of flushing this one like we've flushed the previous, we are going to polish the 2017 one for 2018. Then if the polished one doesn't work we'll just give Toro Rosso the unpolished one while we keep buffing!
That's pretty much the way I see their statement too.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 18:48 (Ref:3790159)   #135
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can see this being a terrible season in the making for them if that is the case