Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Sep 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3767586)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I'm not even a fan and even I think this Max bashing is getting beyond silly.
Agreed. It's one thing to criticise things that have happened, but another thing altogether to pre-empt and throw out criticism before anything has occurred.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3767591)   #27
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing wrong with Max. He came into F1 as a youngster, stuck his nose in, refused to be over awed by it all and showed how he wanted to play the game, to which no one in command at a race has penalised his moves. Controversial yes, but at his age, he had to do it, assert a "no fear" attitude. Very Senna and Schumi attitude. He is not there to make up numbers. I love it..brought life and excitement to F1, something most were complaining we didn't have a few years ago.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3767593)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Couldn't agree more!
Old 16 Sep 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3767627)   #29
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
why are people always exaggerating?
If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times: stop exaggerating!
Old 16 Sep 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3767649)   #30
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's F1Guy? Vettel was showing us all how slow and overrated he is again, thought old mate might have something to say about it?
Old 17 Sep 2017, 03:02 (Ref:3767750)   #31
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Where's F1Guy? Vettel was showing us all how slow and overrated he is again, thought old mate might have something to say about it?
He does ok in the dry doesn't he? Let's see how he does in the wet, if it rains as expected for the race.

I bet he doesn't finish where he starts if it rains.

Fact is, it was just luck. And credit to him - he admitted it.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...with-wall.html

Also, Vettel being the slow and overrated driver that he is, needs other drivers to help him get his shlt together because he cannot do it himself. Vettel has Leclerc and Giovanazzi back at Maranello helping him get his shlt together (so far this year). And Raikkonen at the track helping him also. With 3 other drivers helping him, he really should be winning every race! But after having all this help, he still cannot win every race!??? Yep, slow and overrated!

Quote:

"The weekend so far has been a bit up and down, yesterday was difficult, this afternoon was difficult but tonight it came alive."

Vettel classily credited his team, including junior drivers Charles Leclerc and Antonio Giovanazzi, for the blistering lap.

"The car wasn't behaving the way we wanted it to, but it has been pretty
special, the amount of effort overnight, the support from Maranello.

"Charles has been in the simulator - it swaps between Antonio and Charles - they answered a lot of questions as we didn't have time remaining. The guys here, I don't know when they went to bed."

http://www.tnp.sg/sports/others/vettels-loving-it

It was a similar situation when Vettel was at RBR. Had 4 other drivers helping him. Except he didn't have a team mate willing to help him win. So the team "managed" that situation themselves. Even so, Vettel thought he was above his team and took matters into his own hands at times. And was allowed to get away with it.

Yep. Vettel is slow and overrated.

Have a good day.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3767790)   #32
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
I agree with Daniel 100%!!
Quote:
exactly where has Max made "Kamikaze moves in the first corner" then?

I'm not blind, you see things that aren't there
Might I just mention, Monza and Massa in the same breath?

Refusal to back off, collision, puncture, chance lost.

Max is a very talented driver, blinding fast, overtakes where you can't overtake. This makes him lot of fans, however, he is still a petulant young man who has been brought up with a sense of entitlement. I can not recall a single instance where he has accepted blame for any of his many collisions .....
"I don't care" is his answer.

Give him time and he will learn, but meantime do not don rose tinted glasses, one has to be fair and equitable, accepting the good along with the bad in any driver.

Note to Ace; No comment from you please

Last edited by bauble; 17 Sep 2017 at 06:59.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3767818)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So Vettel snatches it from RBR with a mega lap, that he nearly crashed in. Hopefully RBR can continue their pace into the race and it's good to see both McLarens up there, then again it's a circuit where chassis should mean more than engine power
Old 17 Sep 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3767831)   #34
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Raining heavy at the track. Hopefully it stays wet. Should make it more interesting.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3767840)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Note to Ace; No comment from you please

I'm being very restrained. The fact is, I like to see a racer - someone for whom second place is just first loser. Go get 'em Max!!

Quote:
Raining heavy at the track. Hopefully it stays wet. Should make it more interesting.

Yes please!
Old 17 Sep 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3767851)   #36
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I can not recall a single instance where he has accepted blame for any of his many collisions .....
"I don't care" is his answer.
Your right. Max never knows when to accept blame or say sorry. Here he is not accepting blame for his most recent incident on track.

https://youtu.be/IERNIr-0iJY?t=1m35s

Old 17 Sep 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3767852)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What is slightly strange is that we seem to talk about him as if he's the only driver who has ever declined to take the blame..... Anyone want to start a (long) list?
Old 17 Sep 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3767856)   #38
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Talking of Max, he and Daniel have made it known to Vettel that they both will be "going for it at turn one" and do not care of the consequences. They both have nothing to lose but Vettel does. Go Max! Go Daniel!

BTW, anyone catch Vettel's comments post qualy on the world feed pointing out the RB floor as a direct copy of the Ferrari? What a lemon this guy is.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3767862)   #39
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Talking of Max, he and Daniel have made it known to Vettel that they both will be "going for it at turn one" and do not care of the consequences. They both have nothing to lose but Vettel does. Go Max! Go Daniel!

BTW, anyone catch Vettel's comments post qualy on the world feed pointing out the RB floor as a direct copy of the Ferrari? What a lemon this guy is.
Yeah man, what a lemon. F1 teams never copy each other. Silly German, speaking Italian. What is he thinking? Complete lime.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3767884)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A wet ish Singapore. That's going to throw a few curves, particularly at the the start.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3767885)   #41
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, that's me switching off, then.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3767886)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a messy start. FCY. Vettel squeezed Verstappen into Raikkonen, who went into the wall and then Verstappen collects Alonso. Then Vettel loses it on his own and breaks his front wing.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3767888)   #43
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was Kimi thinking?
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3767889)   #44
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I think Vettel lost in on his own fluid from where Kimi had hit him.......

Don't think Verstappen had any blame in that incident.......
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3767890)   #45
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Oh look, it's wet, and Vettel crashes out ALL ON HIS OWN!

100% Vettel's fault at the start. Trying to squeeze Verstappen who got a better start than him. Proving, once more, that Vettel is one of the most overrated drivers in F1 history.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3767892)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
What was Kimi thinking?
What was Kimi thinking, you mean what was Vettel thinking?
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3767894)   #47
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Where's Compromised? Vettel was showing us all how slow and overrated he is again, thought old mate might have something to say about it?

Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3767895)   #48
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
You mean, what was Verstappen thinking?

He knew Raikkonen was there, right? And still moved over.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3767898)   #49
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
You mean, what was Verstappen thinking?

He knew Raikkonen was there, right? And still moved over.
nope, you can see on the onboard Max did not steer, both Ferrari's steered into him
Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3767899)   #50
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Raikkonen stayed on his line, so I fail to see how he could be at fault. Max just ran into him.

When his car doesn't let him down, he just does it all by himself.