Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1347219)   #1
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Todt Throws His Weight Behind Max/Max's Successor (merged)

ITV-F1 are running a piece telling of Jean Todts respect and admiration for Max. Who will take over from Max when he resigns? Todt, Dennis, or Patrick Head when he retires from Williams?
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1347227)   #2
mclaren_fanatic
Rookie

mclaren_fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If todt gets the postion ill scream......
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1347230)   #3
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I agree. Perhaps that chap from Minardi might like it
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1347244)   #4
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques Regis.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1347248)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
People usually do respect people who do them regular favours.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1347271)   #6
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
People usually do respect people who do them regular favours.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1347284)   #7
IL LEONE
Racer

United Kingdom
London
IL LEONE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's not a cat in hells chance that Todt will get that job. Too much of a transition from team to head of the sport. Wouldn't serve any good for the sport and he looks too much like a poison dwarf and also looks like that guy from fantasy island. Well according to this very funny link he does.. VeryFunnyLink
Old 4 Jul 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1347289)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Before we consider whether Todt, Dennis or Head will get the job, perhaps we should consider how the person is elected or how the system actually works.

[EDIT:er re-opened!]

Last edited by Adam43; 7 Jul 2005 at 12:38.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 05:09 (Ref:1348438)   #9
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Successor for Max Mosley?

Now that old age and what have you has finally caught up with the once intelligent FIA president Max Mosley, it is time for him to step aside.

Who would make a good new FIA president?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 05:18 (Ref:1348442)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone who is not currently involved in F1.

The FIA president role is far more wide-ranging than many think.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 05:59 (Ref:1348490)   #11
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd prefer a sensible person with good all round racing experience, doesn't have to be from F1.

Most importantly it cannot be someone with a conflict of interests - for example nobody with obvious links to any particular manufacturer should be considered, especially if they are short, french and their surname begins and ends with the letter "T".

David Richards?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 08:00 (Ref:1348532)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The first thing to consider is how the president is elected. It is more likely to be a Regis than someone directly involved in F1.
In addition you need to consider who would want to do it. Would a Richards or a Todt want to do it? Is being president better than running Prodrive or Ferrari and Maserati?
Then there is who actually votes for these people? It isn't the people in F1 and that brings us back to the first point.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1348782)   #13
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the only reasonable candidate would be the president of the manifacturers commission....
Old 6 Jul 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1348791)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
After today's announcement, I'm tempted to say Sebastian Coe... I think an outsider may be the way forward, or at least someone without close links to any major team or manufacturer. Sir Jackie Stewart? Ari Vatanen MEP?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1348802)   #15
IL LEONE
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
After today's announcement, I'm tempted to say Sebastian Coe... I think an outsider may be the way forward, or at least someone without close links to any major team or manufacturer. Sir Jackie Stewart? Ari Vatanen MEP?

Jackie Stewart, now there's a man for the job.

How would the election process work in this, would members of the world council be able to stand for the role? I've read that Gabrielle Cadringher could be a candidate. How about an american, who runs their show over there? Would certainly help with current sporting relations considering the future of F1.

Surely Todt wouldn't get the job or if he did it would probably be an interim posting.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1348810)   #16
hobophobic
Rookie

hobophobic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God anybody but Jackie Stewart the guy is from the dark ages and he is to biased, Silverstone would have a gp forever and that aint right. Needs to be someone with no involvement with the manufactuers at all.

Murray Walker!!!!!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1348816)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Martin Brundle!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1348822)   #18
IL LEONE
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobophobic
Silverstone would have a gp forever and that aint right.
<scratches head> and what would be wrong with that then?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1348825)   #19
hobophobic
Rookie

If you ask me ( and you just did) Silverstone is second rate, the facilities there are very poor the track is mundane and spectator viewing is pathetic. There are at least two circuits in the country that have better layouts and spectator facilities and would also would be condusive to better racing. That track is only there because of the old boys network and to be hontest it just goes to show that money comes before a good race.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1348828)   #20
IL LEONE
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobophobic
If you ask me ( and you just did) Silverstone is second rate, the facilities there are very poor the track is mundane and spectator viewing is pathetic. There are at least two circuits in the country that have better layouts and spectator facilities and would also would be condusive to better racing. That track is only there because of the old boys network and to be hontest it just goes to show that money comes before a good race.

Second rate to which other venue in GB? As long as we have a home turf race I will be happy. I'm sure that Silverstone will have to and will carry out development plans before there current contract expires.
It's certainly better than no GB event at all.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1348830)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
an article from grandprix.com about max and stoddart's:
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15181.html

if stoddart is part of the breakaway group(and why he would want to run soley against manufacturer teams is strange since he seems to enjoy his independence) what would be the difference between having max or someone else run FIA as it relates to F1?
as far as i can tell the fia pres has nothing to do with how much money the teams get. the only thing i can see is the new series having more say in the tech regs which is currently aimed at safety and cost cutting which the gpwc wants anyways.
this whole thing is a little beyond me! what am i missing?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1348843)   #22
hobophobic
Rookie

[o/t]
Brands Hatch Or Donnington Park both are much better, who rembers details of the last race at Donnington? i do but I dont remember what happened at last years gp at Silverstone.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1348853)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jacky Ickx!
Although he may be too nice for the job...
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1348855)   #24
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boris Said! A true enthusiast!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1348860)   #25
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The 1st name that came to my head was Emerson Fittipalti. A genuine people person with a good head for business. Again, maybe too nice a guy.