Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3221247)   #1
Dayzer
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Dayzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wanted: F1 writers/bloggers.

Hi lads/ladies, myself and another member of Tenths are running an F1 site/community, which has gotten off to a good start, but we need more help/interaction.

We need people who are willing to write articles for the site, whether it be thoughts on new developments in the sport, or old incidents that you thought were amusing/tragic...whatever.

We have a couple of features set in place between myself and one or two other writers, but this isn't enough to make it a serious website. If you feel you have something to contribute, please let us know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1c-aWbpTw0&sns=em

www.f1pad.ie

Thanks again

Dayzer

Last edited by MagnetON; 20 Mar 2013 at 14:50. Reason: This is pre-approved.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3221752)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This post is pre-approved, F1Pad.ie (aka www.thef1pad.com) is one of our F1 "Related Sites", so if you're looking to experiment in reporting then why not give Dayzer a PM and see what happens.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3221761)   #3
Dayzer
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Dayzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
This post is pre-approved, F1Pad.ie (aka www.thef1pad.com) is one of our F1 "Related Sites", so if you're looking to experiment in reporting then why not give Dayzer a PM and see what happens.
Thanks MagnetON. If anyone has any questions at all, just PM me

Oh I hope to start have some discussions here on tenths
Old 3 Jun 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3257065)   #4
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Pilgrim1975 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One question, as a freelance scribbler, is there any payment at all?
Old 3 Jun 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3257070)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Errr lol

I think you know the answer!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3257137)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim1975 View Post
Like he said, they're off to a good start, so... I guess you're asking too much !!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3257196)   #7
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys like frostie are worth money...
Old 3 Jun 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3257238)   #8
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim1975 View Post
Well I heard good things... At least twice the pay you get when you work here at 10ths!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3257269)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When they ask we to write for free, as freelancers, we think... Is our profession a hobby???
Old 3 Jun 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3257270)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Well I heard good things... At least twice the pay you get when you work here at 10ths!
If that's true then you can buy your first Ferrari in less than 3 months !
Old 3 Jun 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3257273)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 1/64 Hot Wheels Ferrari diecast, with luck
Old 3 Jun 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3257350)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Happy to do any media work if necessary. Have edited a lot of material for F1 Fanatic (f1fanatic.co.uk).

Check out the 'Videos' section on www.danselbydesigns.webs.com

Cheers,

Dan

Note - For some reason you often have to 'refresh' the video page for the links to properly load. No idea why!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3257354)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest after being paid for many years for writing, putting in hours to put together a piece for no reward leaves me cold.

I did for a long time recently on a bike site and got little thanks and no perks whatsoever, despite putting in hours of work.

If you get some of the ad revenue, or some sort of web hosting service for free fair enough, but all you are really doing is helping out some ewizard to get clicks on his/her site without them doing much.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3257371)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
If that's true then you can buy your first Ferrari in less than 3 months !
Excellent, I would like a yellow one please !
Old 4 Jun 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3257807)   #15
ottostreet
Rookie

ottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
To be honest after being paid for many years for writing, putting in hours to put together a piece for no reward leaves me cold.

I did for a long time recently on a bike site and got little thanks and no perks whatsoever, despite putting in hours of work.

If you get some of the ad revenue, or some sort of web hosting service for free fair enough, but all you are really doing is helping out some ewizard to get clicks on his/her site without them doing much.
I wish that was the case! Unfortunately yeah, we're only a small time operation, but with big plans. I do the majority of the writing, which does take a lot of time and effort, for little reward, but it's not a short term project. I have a few volunteer writers submitting articles and helping out, and hopefully we'll be able to reward them for their work further down the line, but, for now, everything is completely voluntary. Myself and Dayzer have only just sorted out the costs of launching the site by now!