Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jun 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3264070)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Murray Walker...

It appears that Murray Walker has been diagnosed with cancer..

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

He is a legend, come on chant for him to beat this....
Old 18 Jun 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3264077)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best wishes to Murray. That stopped me in my tracks when I read that earlier. He's been such a sprightly man all through his life, including as he's got older so he is in as good a position as you could hope a person of that age could be.

Old 18 Jun 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3264106)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Words cannot express the shock and sadness felt by myself upon reading that headline a moment ago. Some of my earliest memories are of Murray are of my father and I watching F1 on Grandstand. A person that I attribute some of my overall interest in Motorsport to. I met him very briefly back in 2002, what a total gentleman. He deserves better than this. Wishing you all the strength in the world Murray. Ben.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3264108)   #4
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes to Murray. An absolute legend.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3264114)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get well soon Murray. Best wishes.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 03:42 (Ref:3264124)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Hope you are well soon Murray! I and many others have had many hours of enjoyment from your superb commentary.
All the best!
Old 18 Jun 2013, 03:49 (Ref:3264126)   #7
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And it's GO GO GO in the fight against cancer!

Sorry but I used to love the way he used to call the starts of the races. I know Murray will fight this and fight it hard. Best wishes to the great man.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3264349)   #8
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Living Legend. All the very best Murray.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3264357)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Muddy Talker will certainly put up a fight!

And to lighten things up a bit....... From the Ten-Tenths vault: http://tentenths.com/murray.mp3
Old 18 Jun 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3264365)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Muddy Talker will certainly put up a fight!

And to lighten things up a bit....... From the Ten-Tenths vault: http://tentenths.com/murray.mp3
Wonderful.

Best wishes to Murray.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3264367)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
All the best Murray, I heard a program on the radio where it was said that after 80 we have a 1 in 2 chance of getting some form of cancer !
On that somber note I'm going to have another beer !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace mĂ¡s calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montĂ³n cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Jun 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3264375)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Yeah, yeah, of course, wish him the best, definitely.

Murray.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3264384)   #13
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
89 years old! when did that happen, he will always seem young to so many of us!

If I am half as active and fit as he is when I am 70 let alone nearly 90 I will think myself lucky. The man is an absolute global legend and I wish him well through all of this.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3264431)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The prognosis seems relatively good, at least.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3265208)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I want more response, so respond to the thread I order it...

Come on guys....
Old 20 Jun 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3265221)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Really bad news. This guy is an absolute legend. Fight it, Murray!
Old 20 Jun 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3265537)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are all behind you Murray.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3265664)   #18
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Not just F!, but All British motorsport was Murrays domain during my childhood.F1, Rallycross (and Rallypoint), Autotesting, Scrambling, Trials (where two seater specials clambered up a muddy hill), competitive trials between various factions of the UK military and their vehicles, and the BTCC to mention just a few. His enthusiasm was so infectious.
The man who gave us all the phrase "Trill makes your budgie bounce with health!" will do (I'm sure) to make sure that he too does everything he can too to continue bouncing.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3265709)   #19
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the very best Murray, cancer is a word not a death sentence, from somebody who knows and survived.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3265758)   #20
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the best for Murray Walker!
Old 21 Jun 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3266260)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All the best, Murray. We'll be thinking of you.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3267551)   #22
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good Luck Murray. Thoughts are with you
Old 23 Jun 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3268608)   #23
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to report Murray was well enough to open his local village fete yesterday. If anyone can fight this thing, he has the determination.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3268706)   #24
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray is one of those people most motorsports fans who have grown up listening to, hope will be around forever. He's getting on a bit and up until now is very fit for his years thankfully. Sad to hear he has a form of cancer and I hope he is able to fight it and be with us for a few more years. A thoroughly nice bloke who is very passionate about motorpsort in general. Also one of very few commentators who could be considered a friend of the drivers. Get well soon Mr Walker.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3268879)   #25
zork
Rookie

England
lincoln uk
zork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sir Murray Walker isn't it about time queenie???