Ralf Schumacher 5 3.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Mar 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1552570)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Driver of the race - Malaysian GP

Fisi - the winner!
Alonso - big fuel
Button - first podium of the year
Massa - beat Michael from the back
Michael - also from the back
Villeneuve - points and speed
Sato - a good srive in an Arrows?
Heidfeld - quick Nick
Webber - good start put him in contention
Rosberg - good Q and overtaking again

And all the others can be added.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1552575)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
It pains me but I had to vote for Giancarlo , he did well all weekend
Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:01 (Ref:1552576)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hard to choose between Massa for his run from the back, Alonso for his second place after the fuel mix up, Nick for showing what a BMW can really do, Ralf should get a pat on the back for getting that point and passing Jarno too.

But on this occaision I'm going for Fissi. A well deserved win.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1552577)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree Fisi had a good race but I chose Massa because he came from second last to fifth, beating his team mate in the process.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1552584)   #5
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't find any performance really outstanding this time, so I go for sato, for a very entertaining drive in the new minardi...
Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1552585)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
quietly votes for Jacques and leaves without a trace
Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1552590)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso, for his great start and first corner, picking up 4 places by going for it.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1552599)   #8
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisi - best race
Masa - best ignoring of team orders
Kimi - best laugh
Nico - best fire
Jense - best wet pants
Jarno - best defensive tactics
Ide - best use of the garden
Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1552601)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't choose between Fisi and Alonso...they both had a superb race. I'll choose Fisi, since he won
Old 19 Mar 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1552604)   #10
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of drivers had superb races today; I voted for Fisi, because to win from lights to flag is always a notable achievement, and this time; he did it through sheer pace. Alonso had a top race as always; LIGHTNING start. Jenson was very good, just blinking traffic again blighting his efforts, could have got second otherwise. Massa was fantastic IMO, as was Jacques. And finally; Sato, an inspiring drive, he really he relishing his leading role at Super Aguri.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1552607)   #11
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want Raikkonen added at once!! :P
Old 19 Mar 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1552639)   #12
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellof
I didn't find any performance really outstanding this time, so I go for sato, for a very entertaining drive in the new minardi...
You know what, I think you're right. There wasn't anyone who really shone today, possibly down to the heat sapping any real gutsy performance, but I think you'd probably have to seriously consider Sato. He certainly did well to hold off that Midland and at one stage he was holding 14th place for quite a while. Of the others :

Fisi and Alonso had the best car by a mile and strode home fairly easily. It wasn't a stellar drive from either of them, possibly influenced by team orders.
Button did quite well, but lacked any fire.
Montoya could have done a lot better.
Heidfeld and Villeneuve did well, but I think that BMW Sauber is a pretty good machine.
Massa was good, but the Ferrari's a front row car so that's to be expected.
Schumacher was lacklustre.
The others fell off or did nothing impressive.

Sato had that car in places it should not have been today and for that he deserves the DotD from me.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1552667)   #13
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fisi for sure, although Massa was a close 2nd in my opinion.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1552670)   #14
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa for Showing MS how it's done, Again!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1552680)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Again?
Old 19 Mar 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1552688)   #16
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations should go to Klien for probably winning Alonso back to back championships.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1552690)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most of the drivers were good today, but nobody was truly outstanding. I was tempted to vote for Sato, but in the end I went for Alonso, who made the best of an awkward situation, mainly through his adventurous start.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1552696)   #18
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarce
Jarno - best defensive tactics
I disagree. Trulli got passed as if he was being lapped. not very defensive at all.

driver of the race, difficult call on this one. I saw lots of non-performances, and the others mostly did their job. and I don't want to call Massa, because I don't like him.
but I must admit, he did beat TGF after starting 8 places behind him, which is sort of impressive.

*edit* Rosberg was good in qualifying, but his start in the race... He starts on "the groove", with his teammate alongside him. lights go green, what does he do: he pulls of the line (a typical TGF-start), blocks his teammate, and thus handing Alonso 3rd place. and then he drops all the way back to 7th... he totally messed that up
Old 19 Mar 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1552727)   #19
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82
*edit* Rosberg was good in qualifying, but his start in the race... He starts on "the groove", with his teammate alongside him. lights go green, what does he do: he pulls of the line (a typical TGF-start), blocks his teammate, and thus handing Alonso 3rd place. and then he drops all the way back to 7th... he totally messed that up
The kid's 20, its his second GP, at a circuit he'd never been to... and what's more he admitted that he messed up the start. I don't think we should be so harsh to him at this stage.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1552757)   #20
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa. He beat Michael from a disadvantaged position.
Alonso a very, very close second. A championship drive today.
Fisi did well but all he had to do was beat Button, who seems to be lacking that extra ten-tenths.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1552764)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisi. Flawless today. Hope he starts to make a habit of it.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1552785)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Between Fisi and Massa for me, but went for Massa in the end.

How, in all honesty can anyone vote for Webber or Rosberg, they didn't do enough running to warrent the votes they have so far.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1552795)   #23
Ameen
Rookie

France
Ameen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi & Fernando drove well but Felipe Massa really shut his critics up with a brilliant drive from the back of the grid, similar to Kimi last week, AND finishing above Michael which is surely a big bonus.

Well done Felipe, keep up the good work!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1552814)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I actually will vote for Ralf....
despite the rest having great races etc...

He got his toyota into the final qualifying session, despite it being a dog of a car.
Then goes from 22 to 12 on lap 1 and finally eventhough he has one extra stop, he beats his team mate to get a point.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1552849)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, that bloke that gets so much stick here because he's overpaid, overrated and usually gets outqualified by his team mate. On the other hand he is a 'racer' and often beats his team mate who, frankly, isn't, and he did it again today. Starts at the back of the grid; has 3 pitstops and still finishes with a point. Are you really seriously suggesting that some of those on the poll are more deserving than Ralf? I think not. Looking forward to seeing his name up there so that, I, too, can vote!