Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Sep 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3303770)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kieft sports/sports racers

Very interested in these cars for the FISCAR FLIERS. Rudolf Ernst, a regular poster here has a Climax engine version, see here

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135851

But does anyone know who bought this:-

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/...0/1954/108900/

And this one which I believe has only recently been sold by Marreyt Classics

http://www.marreyt-classics.com/stockdetail.cfm?ID=598

Obviously if owners wish to remain anonymous, please pm me.

Anyone know of any others.

Last edited by John Turner; 14 Sep 2013 at 10:25.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3304175)   #2
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Christophe Pund, Galerie des Damiers, is currently advertising the red Kieft MG.

I don't think it has been sold because the owners expectations are apparently rather high and as usual the French definition of restored is rather different to ours!

I will send the Fliers info to Bernard Marreyt and ask him to forward them to the new owner of the 1100.

Peter
Old 15 Sep 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3304187)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done, Peter, thanks
Old 15 Sep 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3304414)   #4
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Christophe Pund, Galerie des Damiers, is currently advertising the red Kieft MG.

I don't think it has been sold because the owners expectations are apparently rather high and as usual the French definition of restored is rather different to ours!

I will send the Fliers info to Bernard Marreyt and ask him to forward them to the new owner of the 1100.

Peter

Christophe Pund is not very good at updating his website and I enquired about the Kieft MG some time ago and was told that it had been sold. Hopefully he will be prepared to pass information to the current owner.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3304474)   #5
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Christophe Pund is not very good at updating his website and I enquired about the Kieft MG some time ago and was told that it had been sold. Hopefully he will be prepared to pass information to the current owner.
Thanks for the info. it's a while since I've talked to Christophe, did e-mail him today (+ Bernard Marreyt) and asked him to forward information to anyone with suitable cars - maybe one of his OSCA owning friends will join in!

BTW I did see the Kieft MG when it was at Osenat's auction place, the price the owner wanted would have been optimistic if it had been properly restored and certainly didn't reflect the state it was in.

As for others, Duncan had 2 Kiefts that were auctioned in 1998, LDA5 with an MG engine and AK123 with a Climax.
Marreyt has LDA5 but what happened to the Climax one?

There was also one in Germany years ago (probably in the 80s), I did meet the guy who had it once but I've no idea what happened to it (surprisingly it isn't the one that Rudolf has).
Old 23 Sep 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3307966)   #6
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the Subject.
Goodwood saw a lovely one racing...
Went very well till it seemed to loose power..The condition of the car was exceptional and a credit to its owner.

I saw an unrestored red Kieft at Technica Classica essen last year, Only 2 I have ever seen. They're tiny.

N.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3307972)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, it's a super little car. It's Rudolf's (see my first post) 1954 car with FWA engine and absolutely right for the FLIERS. Unfortunately, he can't make it for Castle Combe, but hopefully he will race with us if we get some races going next season.

Incidentally, the No 6 car in the background is Chris Guest's lovely little Cooper 21 which is entered at Combe.

Last edited by John Turner; 23 Sep 2013 at 12:04. Reason: Spelling mistake!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3308001)   #8
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
On the Subject.
Goodwood saw a lovely one racing...
Went very well till it seemed to loose power..The condition of the car was exceptional and a credit to its owner.

I saw an unrestored red Kieft at Technica Classica essen last year, Only 2 I have ever seen. They're tiny.

N.

thanx for the compliment
we did a comprehensive restauration
Hibberd did a superb Job,
when I bought it, it was roadworthy but not raceworthy, as in not safe to race, and I value my life so much.....

I had problems with a trottle stuck open
(later turned out to be a loose strand in the Bowden cable)
We tried to fix it in the pits, that did not work, afterwards I just stuck it in 3rd gear and drove to finish
could not afford to change gear as the engine would revved to hell

Rudolf
Old 23 Sep 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3308173)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rudolf wishes to be excused;

A clearer shot of Chris Guest's Cooper;

Rudolph continues;

Good race.

Last edited by John Turner; 23 Sep 2013 at 14:04. Reason: Get his name right, Bob; he even signed his post!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3308260)   #10
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
thanx for the compliment
we did a comprehensive restauration
Hibberd did a superb Job,
when I bought it, it was roadworthy but not raceworthy, as in not safe to race, and I value my life so much.....

I had problems with a trottle stuck open
(later turned out to be a loose strand in the Bowden cable)
We tried to fix it in the pits, that did not work, afterwards I just stuck it in 3rd gear and drove to finish
could not afford to change gear as the engine would revved to hell

Rudolf
A very very pretty thing of which you should feel very proud. it looked fabulous at Goodwood around fordwater and into St Mary's where me and the old fella were watching. I have always had a thing about these little rare specials. I took a few more pics with the old man. i will post them a little later.

One of the highlights of my weekend
N.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 00:46 (Ref:3308471)   #11
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to mention this beauty from downunder