Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does it get from you?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 10 30.30%
6 14 42.42%
5 6 18.18%
4 1 3.03%
3 2 6.06%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Oct 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3678573)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Japanese Grand Prix 2016

What score does it get from you?
Old 9 Oct 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3678663)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting at times. Somehow the title is deciding there? 7.
Old 9 Oct 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3678671)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I couldn't watch the race live, so it was highlights on Channel 4, which is never the same and therefore makes it very hard to score this. From what I saw there was some wheel to wheel action and Suzuka is a great track, so on that alone 7.
Old 9 Oct 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3678680)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not a great race but still gave it a 5
Old 9 Oct 2016, 17:01 (Ref:3678696)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Highlights only, and they kept interrupting that with adverts, so I may be more grumpy than I should be, but since the real race was effectively over after the first 50 yards, I didn't find it that engrossing. There were some good battles, but also some fairly questionable bits of driving (Sainz in particular) and Ferrari as usual had some odd strategy calls.

I like Suzuka, but this just felt flat.........5.
Old 9 Oct 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3678697)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Saw the highlights only, regularly punctuated by adverts and my falling asleep (have had two very late nights and a long drive this morning). So my 5 may be unfair. But I found it very dull, which is a shame as I think Suzuka is (by modern standards) a great track.
Old 9 Oct 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3678715)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I liked it. Again, feel the same as others in knowing the race for the lead was over in the first couple of corners (can't stand seeing P1 disappear instantly), but we had a tiny bit of false hope for a while, but you never felt like Rosberg was pushing 100%.

Some nice overtakes (even with the assistance of DRS), but DRS worked better here as the following car struggled to keep close out of the chicane, so it gave them a chance to have a real 'slipstream' effect and get them within overtaking distance, more often than not. THIS is what DRS was meant to be in the first place.

Proper track, enjoyed the race, but wasn't a classic by any means. But lots of movement throughout the field, some competitive racing, but ultimately lacked a battle for the lead once again.

Selby
Old 9 Oct 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3678755)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Race winner decided by 1st corner.

Behind that, it was interesting, but not amazing.

Old 10 Oct 2016, 04:41 (Ref:3678835)   #9
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me. Love the track.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3678939)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Like others I only saw the highlights - it's a 5 for the race itself and +1 because it's Suzuka.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 23:40 (Ref:3679077)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite dull. +1 for Max sticking it to Hamilton at the end, made me smile.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3679312)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that it is this track always increases my expectations. possibly so much so i set myself up for inevitable disappointment.

was a 7 but a minus 1 for Suzuka so a 6.

too many races in quick succession combined with Merc dominance and basically every team stopping development since a month or so before the summer break (perhaps rightly so in order to focus on the new 2017 rules) has made this perhaps the most lackluster F1 season for me since i started watching in the early 90's.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3679317)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
that it is this track always increases my expectations. possibly so much so i set myself up for inevitable disappointment.

was a 7 but a minus 1 for Suzuka so a 6.

too many races in quick succession combined with Merc dominance and basically every team stopping development since a month or so before the summer break (perhaps rightly so in order to focus on the new 2017 rules) has made this perhaps the most lackluster F1 season for me since i started watching in the early 90's.
I personally thought last season was worse, with Hamilton facing very little competition but at least there is a WDC fight this season, all be it within the dominant team. However, I agree too many races and too many lacklustre races. 19 races was perfectly adequate.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 14:56 (Ref:3679321)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fair point...2015 was worse but this year just seems worse probably because im more tired/overdosed with it. lack luster season on the back of a lackluster season.

on one hand its sad but this season will be over soon and hopefully the promise of a better 2017 awaits.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 15:04 (Ref:3679323)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
fair point...2015 was worse but this year just seems worse probably because im more tired/overdosed with it. lack luster season on the back of a lackluster season.

on one hand its sad but this season will be over soon and hopefully the promise of a better 2017 awaits.
I would like to see Nico Rosberg win it this year, just because it would be a change. I hope next season is better.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3679331)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i also think he deserves it more this year.

i know its not ideal to judge based on race wins over a season (most points is most points regardless of how its achieved) but because the merc team has been so dominant i feel(for this year anyways) its a valid metric.

so unless LH wins the next and last 4 races, which would leave him with a 10-9 edge in race wins, this title imo belongs to NR.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3679337)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
i also think he deserves it more this year.

i know its not ideal to judge based on race wins over a season (most points is most points regardless of how its achieved) but because the merc team has been so dominant i feel(for this year anyways) its a valid metric.

so unless LH wins the next and last 4 races, which would leave him with a 10-9 edge in race wins, this title imo belongs to NR.
Doesn't Nico just have to finish second in the next four races to win it? I think it would be good for F1 he did, I'm not sure if another Hamilton WDC is what F1 needs, considering the dominance Mercedes have.
Old 12 Oct 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3679601)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Doesn't Nico just have to finish second in the next four races to win it? I think it would be good for F1 he did, I'm not sure if another Hamilton WDC is what F1 needs, considering the dominance Mercedes have.
Yes. I too think Nico probably deserves it and yes, a change is as good as a rest. We can only hope that the rule changes will spark some better competition next season.
Old 12 Oct 2016, 23:52 (Ref:3679655)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes. I too think Nico probably deserves it and yes, a change is as good as a rest. We can only hope that the rule changes will spark some better competition next season.
I really hope so.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 01:24 (Ref:3679880)   #20
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A pretty good 6. Normally, Suzuka in the dry is a dull affair - but not this time. Some decent racing from Max and Danny. Good to see Lewis' fightback as well. Some pretty good battles here and there. People also tried it into the last chicane as well.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3679954)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave this race a 6 wonderful circuit, fantastic fans ..