Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Sep 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2953320)   #26
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Butch is back w/Dyson.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94393
Old 9 Sep 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2953349)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Sweet! Wish they would stick Kane, Butch and Guy in the same car, but that aside, I sure am glad to see Butch back in an LMP1.
Old 9 Sep 2011, 23:57 (Ref:2953374)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No word yet on the 3rd driver in the 16, but great to see Butch back.
Old 10 Sep 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2953380)   #29
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Chris and Guy don't normally add a third for the long races.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2953683)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's great news! Butch seems like a great guy as well as a quick shoe... even with his years.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 02:38 (Ref:2953686)   #31
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I just got a call from Road Atlanta reminding that there is a race going October 1st.

I laughed and asked if she was calling to give me a free ticket...wasn't the case.
Nice try though!
Old 11 Sep 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2954053)   #32
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Oreca confirms its three drivers in the old Peugeot... basically a fully-fledged factory line-up: Lapierre-Gené-Minassian.

EDIT: Also, the official factory line-ups, courtesy of the Peugeot Sport Twitter feed:

Quote:
#PetitLemans #ILMC Peugeot line up at Petit Le Mans : N°7 A.DAVIDSON – S.BOURDAIS – S. PAGENAUD / N°8 : F.MONTAGNY – S.SARRAZIN – A.WURZ
Damper on the "Wurz to Audi" rumours then?

Last edited by Victor_RO; 11 Sep 2011 at 18:50.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2954234)   #33
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that it matters much, but the qualifying order has changed. According to supplementary regulations it's now:

Q1) GTC & GTE-AM
Q2) GTE-PRO
Q3) LMPC
Q4) LMP1 & LMP2
Old 12 Sep 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2954398)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Not that it matters much, but the qualifying order has changed. According to supplementary regulations it's now:

Q1) GTC & GTE-AM
Q2) GTE-PRO
Q3) LMPC
Q4) LMP1 & LMP2
I like the GTC and GTE-AM being put together, but I would think combining LMPC and LMP2 would also make sense.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2954454)   #35
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
given that the challenge cars need to fight for a place on the grid, giving them their own session makes sense - I would say the GT Pro & Am cars should share a session to give GTC runners a fair crack of the whip as well.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2954465)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
I would say the GT Pro & Am cars should share a session to give GTC runners a fair crack of the whip as well.
I would think that the track, the size of the entry and the closeness in corner speeds of the GTAM and GTC that neither class should be balked too much by the other. Could be wrong though...

We would be looking at around 20 cars on course for AM/C quaily and 17 or so for GTPro? I like the Pro cars having the track to themselves.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2954496)   #37
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They should make them run in the gt3 race to determine who gets in.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2954502)   #38
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They should make them run in the gt3 race to determine who gets in.
Or give the teams that don't make the race a free entry in the challenge race.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2954518)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We would be looking at around 20 cars on course for AM/C quaily and 17 or so for GTPro? I like the Pro cars having the track to themselves.
http://www.roadatlanta.com/ev_petit/...Entry-List.pdf

I am wrong; official entry shows GT-Pro has 20 total entries with 6 GT-Am and 8 GTC (totaling 14). Shouldn't be an issue....
Old 13 Sep 2011, 16:03 (Ref:2955016)   #40
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
So IF the Robertson drop out, will we see 2 new entries? If so, who are the candidates?

Also heard a wild rumour (coming from the Baltimore GP) that IMSA is considering cars withdrawing during the first hour to be replaced by challenge cars left out after qualifying.
A bit too much if you ask me.
Old 13 Sep 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2955040)   #41
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think Robertsons will drop out, though I do expect this is the last we see of them.
Old 13 Sep 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2955064)   #42
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I don't think Robertsons will drop out, though I do expect this is the last we see of them.
Thats a confusing message??
Old 13 Sep 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2955084)   #43
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I think the suggestion may be that the Robertsons will quit ALMS at the end of the season?
Old 16 Sep 2011, 20:42 (Ref:2956568)   #44
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just ordered my tickets!
Old 17 Sep 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2956708)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Just ordered my tickets!
As did I!

As for those who have and/or will buy tickets, let us know more here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...06#post2956706
Old 19 Sep 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2958081)   #46
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Oreca confirms its three drivers in the old Peugeot... basically a fully-fledged factory line-up: Lapierre-Gené-Minassian.

EDIT: Also, the official factory line-ups, courtesy of the Peugeot Sport Twitter feed:

Damper on the "Wurz to Audi" rumours then?

I NEVER understood that rumour, I must admit
Why would the Doctor Ullrich want to take him while he has a "tank" of young promising drivers for this ??? And why would Alex want to live a team and a car that isn't "inferior" to Audi ???
Old 19 Sep 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2958158)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just checked next week's provisional TV listings and for the fÃ*rst time in years there will be some live coverage of an ALMS race on international Eurosport (french es doesn't count )

ES1 16.30-17.30 GMT (1h)
ES1 23.00-02.30 GMT (3½h)

Plan B if/when stream fails...
Old 19 Sep 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2958285)   #48
godlameroso
Racer

godlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgodlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope for petit, Kyle Marcelli gets a drive, he's so freaking fast. I would love to see him in the 16 Dyson car, I think he would be a much better pairing for Guy Smith and Chris Dyson than Jay Cochran. Maybe Jay brings some money to the table, but still, I think they would be a lot faster with Kyle than Jay.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 03:51 (Ref:2958320)   #49
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, if Kyle wants to be in the race I think he should take every avenue to get into a big prototype and guarantee his spot in the field. International audience, debut in the big car, and your sponsor (Lafarge) might just show more interest in you.

Chris
Old 20 Sep 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2958552)   #50
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Just checked next week's provisional TV listings and for the fÃ*rst time in years there will be some live coverage of an ALMS race on international Eurosport (french es doesn't count )

ES1 16.30-17.30 GMT (1h)
ES1 23.00-02.30 GMT (3½h)

Plan B if/when stream fails...
This is some very nice news. Is there going to be another ACO lemans.org steam like Silverstone or are we in the hands of the ALMS organisers?