Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jan 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3700926)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
MORGAN SPORTS CAR CLUB

The MSCC's own meeting on Bank Holiday monday. Also a round of FISCAR.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3700935)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Morgans always put on a good show at their annual meeting, plenty of throaty V8's in assorted colours, smaller 4's, and a very friendly bunch to spend a day with. While Fiscar is a perfect partner for the Malvern boys. Wouldn't miss it.
Old 9 May 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3732458)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not a word of that I don't agree with, and hope you can post some pics afterwards, Bob. To say there are some characters in the Morgan Challenge is possibly an understatement! Some are even registered on this forum.....

Any info on what other races there are apart from JT's Fiscar and Morgan's, anyone?
Old 9 May 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3732472)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not a word of that I don't agree with, and hope you can post some pics afterwards, Bob. To say there are some characters in the Morgan Challenge is possibly an understatement! Some are even registered on this forum.....

Any info on what other races there are apart from JT's Fiscar and Morgan's, anyone?
Four races for Morgans, Quaife Mod Saloons (15 min), Cannons Tin Top 30 min two driver race, 30 Min Fiscar, 15 min Allcomers.

See you there.
Old 19 May 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3734492)   #5
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

See you there.[/QUOTE]

Brands Hatch, Morgans and you?. Hmm let me see now!.
Old 19 May 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3734494)   #6
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there all weekend with a bit of luck!
Old 19 May 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3734509)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'll be there all weekend with a bit of luck!
I'll wear my Bauble badge.
Old 19 May 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3734513)   #8
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I'll wear my Bauble badge.
??
Old 19 May 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3734522)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
??
Well it's more of a dangler really, but that will cause somewhat dubious posts from the likes of Mike Harte, VivaGT, Grant, etc...etc. etc...
Old 19 May 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3734525)   #10
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Well it's more of a dangler really, but that will cause somewhat dubious posts from the likes of Mike Harte, VivaGT, Grant, etc...etc. etc...
I understand, no need to court any further derision I'll see if I can find you around in the paddock, be good to say hello
Old 19 May 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3734526)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.D View Post
See you there.
Brands Hatch, Morgans and you?. Hmm let me see now!.[/QUOTE]

Being highly regarded in Morgan circles, no one would believe it

Does this strike a chord?

https://youtu.be/J34esa_aJxc
Old 27 May 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3736504)   #12
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any entry list for this?
Old 28 May 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3736574)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Entry List

Hopefully this will work.

Sadly due to the ever inefficient Press office I will not after all be there, however, should any one be taking photos, track or paddock the MSCC and Morgan Mo Co might well be interested in displaying them. You can PM me if so.

Justracing, sorry friend I will miss our meeting, maybe another time.
Attached Thumbnails
Brands_1.jpg   Brands_2.jpg   Brands_3.jpg  

Old 28 May 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3736601)   #14
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
......Sadly due to the ever inefficient Press office I will not after all be there.....
Sorry to hear that. Problems with MSV media office Bob?
Old 28 May 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3736615)   #15
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Problems with MSV media office Bob?
I submitted application via MSV web site, with all accompanying documents, and received the usual e.mail saying I would be informed of either acceptance or reason for refusal. I sent e.mail on Friday querying lack of response, tried phoning (no answer) and nothing in the post on Saturday. I rather expect a ticket in the post on Tuesday when it is all too late of course, as this has happened before with Brands Hatch. The last time I applied to MSV was in April for CSCC Snetterton and only received ticket on the Friday before. I am planning to go to Cadwell Park in July for the two meetings, MGCC and VSCC, on the weekend 22/23rd which means an overnight stay booked well in advance, but with no guarantee that the same thing will not happen again.

I do not have much faith in MSV Media I'm afraid, with both Donington and Snet on the agenda also this year.

Is it just me or do others have similar experiences?

I was supposed to be covering the MSCC Meeting for the Club magazine and the Aero Challenge web site and for the Morgan racing department.
Not good news.
Old 28 May 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3736624)   #16
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is it just me or do others have similar experiences?
Similar - the MSV online system is rather convoluted and replies to email enquiries are rare - although in fairness I haven't yet missed out. Couple of close calls re ticket deliveries. As you say, the hardest thing is booking accommodation on the 'hope' that your application will be approved.

They've recently tightened up or, at least, reiterated their media policy in terms of editorial commissions so maybe that is catching one or two out?
Old 28 May 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3736730)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
terms of editorial commissions so maybe that is catching one or two out?
Pretty sure mine are well OK, and even if not still no rejection advice, but where can you complain without putting future applications at risk?.
Old 28 May 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3736892)   #18
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks very much for entry Bauble.
Old 6 Jun 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3738943)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
A Morgan owner who drove in the Parade is seeking pictures of his car, any photographers there who might be able to help?