Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2994699)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Croft Nostalgia Weeekend

HSCC Championship Races.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3101658)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It's a month away, and all the usual HSCC grids will be there (most double headers) plus 500cc F3.

I've read reports of previous years and am very tempted to make the trek up this time. Track looks a bit bumpy and fast from watching BTCCC action a few weeks ago. Who's driven it?

Think only time have ever been to the circuit was when it was used as a stage of the RAC Rally. Can remember a Stratos minus engine cover- lost in a forest somewhere- circulating and sounding even more gorgeous than usual........

Nostalgia!
Old 4 Jul 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3101678)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should definitely make the effort Mike - it's a great weekend. I hope the organisers get good weather for the whole meeting this time, they deserve it.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 07:25 (Ref:3101690)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Its just like Goodwood ,but the local's all talk funny.. Be good to catch up with our Gazza again.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3101692)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Its just like Goodwood ,but the local's all talk funny.. Be good to catch up with our Gazza again.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3101694)   #6
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Its just like Goodwood ,but the local's all talk funny.. Be good to catch up with the flying Gazza again.
Yes, I'll be there Iain - doing 'timing' this year so no photos I'm afraid. Looking forward to it - they are trying to put on another good show with the non-racing attractions again http://www.croftmilitary.co.uk/ so as Alan says we just need the weather for it now.

What do you mean we talk funny? Just packing the car to set off for the Le Mans Classic - do they speak 'Yorkshire' there?
Old 4 Jul 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3101728)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ils essaient, 'appen.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3101738)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I hope the organisers get good weather for the whole meeting this time, they deserve it.
I'm working on the principle that like Spa, there has to be good weather one year.... Anyway, there can't be that much left up in the sky, surely!

Delta is already re-prepped, Morgan looks good to go as well, so no excuses for not being there.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3102082)   #9
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Volpini is entered already!
Attached Thumbnails
Croft 2011 027.jpg  
Old 4 Jul 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3102086)   #10
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft is a fantastic circuit and well worth a visit - it may be a little light on facilities but the track is fantastic. Maybe I'm biased as it was where I saw my first ever motor race - it has changed quite a lot and mostly for the better although I still miss the double decker bus that used to be the commentary tower!

Jon and I are heading north with the Falcon and the Grantura and looking forward to it already
Old 4 Jul 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3102159)   #11
Nick Fleming
Rookie

Nick Fleming should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's my closest circuit on the HSCC trail but only got to know it a couple of years ago. Well worth the trip. The organisers put a huge amount of effort in to attract local sports enthunsiasts to come along and watch, so you get a reasonable crowd (even in monsoon weather). Plus fancy dress (anything old basically) is encouraged as there is a whole host of old military memorabilia on show and usually a couple of 'chaps' flying byplanes and the likes.

Circuit wise, its got plenty in it to keep it challenging. If you took Cadwell Park, flattened it and shortened the straight bits a little you would get the idea. Not the widest track around but with some pretty ballsy corners, a tightish chicane and a 1st gear hairpin its got plenty to keep you occupied.

I didn't find the circuit too bumpy, but there are tarmac changes that can catch you out if it rains.

You should just go... (in fancy dress + tash)
Old 5 Jul 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3102286)   #12
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent meeting
Attached Thumbnails
poster_small.jpg  
Old 5 Jul 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3102302)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks all. My entry forms are filled in and will be posted on way home.

Old 5 Jul 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3102326)   #14
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of memories from last year:
Attached Thumbnails
Croft 2011 014.jpg   Croft 2011 015.jpg  
Old 5 Jul 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3102356)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
A couple of memories from last year:

Guards Trophy?
Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3102410)   #16
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope to debut the Clan in the 70's Roadsports if I can get the designated Strombergs to work and don't get anymore visits from the local constabulary for daring to start up what is in effect a genuine road registered car at 9.00pm and run it at a fast tickover.

Pete Richards
Old 5 Jul 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3102428)   #17
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Guards Trophy?

The bloke on the motorbike was the "hare" and the guards set off after him. Vive La France.
Attached Thumbnails
Croft 2011 020.jpg  
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3104805)   #18
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was an instructor there for a couple of years. For all those southerners grumbling about distance, put yourself in our shoes with a minimum 4 hours to get to any other circuit!

Croft is a brilliant circuit, one of my favourites, and the circuit team are incredibly friendly - go for it!
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3104808)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yimkin View Post
I was an instructor there for a couple of years. For all those southerners grumbling about distance, put yourself in our shoes with a minimum 4 hours to get to any other circuit!

Croft is a brilliant circuit, one of my favourites, and the circuit team are incredibly friendly - go for it!
I'm there, I'm there!
Old 22 Jul 2012, 07:53 (Ref:3109648)   #20
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget to book a ticket for the evening entertainment chaps and wear your best.
Tracy at the circuit says....

Yes we are doing the pie&pea supper with live music for dancing. It is the same goup as last year - Jump, Jive 'n Wail, who I think everyone thought were very good. Hopefully the only difference this year will be the floor won't be like a water bed!!
Tickets for the Supper and Dance are £6 per person, and must be purchased in advance from the circuit office (01325 721815)
There are plenty of tickets at the moment.

Have a good weekend.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 22:53 (Ref:3111864)   #21
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list now available :

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...oft%202012.pdf

Looks like it will be a great event, hope to be there on Sunday.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3113184)   #22
pont420r
Rookie

pont420r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
event, racing start time

Anyone know what time event, racing starts? I can't find a time listed for gate opening.

Looks like it will be a great event, hope to be there on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
Old 29 Jul 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3113193)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pont420r View Post
Anyone know what time event, racing starts? I can't find a time listed for gate opening.

Looks like it will be a great event, hope to be there on Sunday.
The HSCC website is as usual a mine of information, including timetable! To save you looking here is the link-

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Cro...ble%202012.pdf

Old 30 Jul 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3113887)   #24
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to catching up with some 10-Tenthers at this one and the entry looks to be good again.

I was at Croft a couple of weeks ago and the grassed areas had been drying out / firming up quite nicely after the 'summer rains'. Since then it's been quite decent weather locally so the ground conditions for parking / camping should be okay albeit some showers in the coming few days.

Local forecast for the weekend has improved in the last couple of days - bit of light rain possible on Friday evening and light showers at times on Sat & Sun but also reasonable temperatures (low 20's) and a fair bit of sun. So in short, if it stays like that it should be a lot better than last year. Just realized - I'm turning into a weather forecaster!

Latest news re the weekend's events - http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/croft/news/nostalgia.html

and - http://www.croftmilitary.co.uk/
Old 30 Jul 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3113898)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Looking forward to catching up with some 10-Tenthers at this one and the entry looks to be good again.

if it stays like that it should be a lot better than last year. Just realized - I'm turning into a weather forecaster!
Checked every forecast can find and all suggest same as you, Gary. Will check BMTR have some Avon wets just in case- think mine were new with the car in 1978.

Checked plenty of tea bags packed....