Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Monaco Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 3 5.17%
7 5 8.62%
6 7 12.07%
5 11 18.97%
4 10 17.24%
3 12 20.69%
2 8 13.79%
1 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 May 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3736707)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Monaco Grand Prix 2017

What score do you give the Monaco Grand Prix?
Old 28 May 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3736714)   #2
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zero. Reminds me of the time when Barrichello was ordered to let Schumacher by after dominating the race. TGF tried to make it up afterward by moving over for Rubens but it was way too sour.

This race is no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 May 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3736717)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. Not great but not terrible. Good for the championship for when Lewis has his late season charge.
Old 28 May 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3736724)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5. Passable. As dry Monaco's go - it was okay. Only action was during the pitstop duration and just afterwards with the safety car period. In fairness - a dry Monaco is difficult to find excitement to it.
Old 28 May 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3736729)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd give it a 3. An historic win, first for Ferrari since 2001. There was some doubt as to who would be the victor for a time. A bit of argy bargy was underway within the field. And that's all there is to it.
Old 28 May 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3736748)   #6
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fell asleep so the 2 I gave this race is probably too generous
Old 28 May 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3736759)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was hoping for a strategy rematch between Ferrari and Mercedes but after Q2 yesterday, it wasn't to be, so I'll have to wait until Canada.

Otherwise not an outstanding race, though Ericsson provided some light relief, when he overtook the SC.

Old 28 May 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3736765)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Always in the minority with this one. While there's not much passing (which how much is there in F1 nowadays anyways), each lap is on the ragged edge. Relatively close the whole way, some fights in the field, "several moments", a Ferrari 1,2 and it's Monaco! Just wish Kimi had pulled it out...

Old 28 May 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3736768)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel asleep as usual so a 2, a pathetic example of when a race is not a race, but a posing pouch for the rich and famous
Old 28 May 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3736770)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not the most exciting race but then this race rarely lives up to it's build up, gave it a 3
Old 28 May 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3736777)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2. A very dull procession around the 'legendary' principality, enlivened only by...... Nope, can't think of anything. Really feel for Kimi (unusually). Screwed really.
Old 28 May 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3736820)   #12
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rather boring, gave it a three. The end was slightly exciting with the safety car. Plus the comment that Button was going to pee in Alonso's car was rather hilarious. The Indy 500 is a lot more exciting at the moment.
Old 28 May 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3736849)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed the Monaco Grand Prix, where there was no overtaking, and am currently enjoying the Indy 500, where overtaking is too easy and the cars are rubbish. I will complete the triple crown by enjoying Le Mans too, even though there might be laps between positions and they can only scratch together five competitive cars. Brilliant motorsport.
chunder will complete the triple crown by hating all this as well as Glastonbury.

I don't mind the lack of overtaking in Monaco. I can enjoy the cars in such a stupid place, once a year. Especially when it is so shiny out there. The attitude of the cars and the driver skill keeps me entertained. You can really see the driver feel and inputs. More so any many other places. More in car or more drivers would help this.

As I say, once a year. It's the tedium at every other track that is the problem!

Last edited by Adam43; 28 May 2017 at 18:25.
Old 28 May 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3736984)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
You dont need many overtakes or indeed any overtakes, but have drivers in a position to overtake, however there wasnt even that. The Mansell and Senna battle of 1992 wasn't thrilling because they were changing positions, but rather because one car was all over the back of another for about 5-6 laps.
Old 29 May 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3737001)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
You dont need many overtakes or indeed any overtakes, but have drivers in a position to overtake, however there wasnt even that. The Mansell and Senna battle of 1992 wasn't thrilling because they were changing positions, but rather because one car was all over the back of another for about 5-6 laps.
All over the back of him like a rash, as the late James Hunt was fond of saying.

No one got any rashes today and by the time Alonso is back in his McLaren seat, Jenson's pee will have dried out and Alonso won't get nappy rash.
Old 29 May 2017, 03:23 (Ref:3737015)   #16
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
6 from me - it's Monaco so I don't expect much on track overtaking. Cars being pushed close to the barriers, yep and at least this year for part of the race we had drivers going to their limits rather than driving to a number.
Old 29 May 2017, 05:03 (Ref:3737032)   #17
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5. Not my favorite track.
Old 29 May 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3737037)   #18
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
5. Not my favorite track.
My view also. I love Monaco as an overall event, and the qualifying was quite exciting, but the race was fairly flat. I was probably less positive on it because I was excited to watch my first ever live Indy 500 (it starts at 4:21am on a Monday here, so I do have a valid excuse for not bothering before, but Alonso participating gave me added reason to watch).
Old 29 May 2017, 06:09 (Ref:3737043)   #19
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Midway. 5. Wasn't exciting, wasn't boring.
Old 29 May 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3737065)   #20
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An average Monaco GP

Old 29 May 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3737109)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
7. Typical Monaco incident throughout
Old 29 May 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3737153)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4. didnt really deliver the goods but then again i was waiting to watch a different race.

i can understand why BE was not a fan of current f1 drivers running in a rival series.
Old 29 May 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3737182)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
4. didnt really deliver the goods but then again i was waiting to watch a different race.

i can understand why BE was not a fan of current f1 drivers running in a rival series.
Good job he's not in a position to prevent it, that's all I can say.....
Old 29 May 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3737246)   #24
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave it a 5. Predictably there were 1s, 2s and 3s from those people really should be watching golf, or American wrestling or something.

Frankly, it wasn't very good. Lots of people (me included) predicted that the new rules were going to make overtaking near-impossible but pre-Monaco we seemed to be proved wrong. However for most of this race there was not one overtake. Then finally a few people got impatient. Checo had a go and crashed into Kvyat. JD got pistoff with Wehrlein, took an impossible lunge and rather impressively balanced the Sauber on its side. Ironically, I forget who it was who put the move on Vandoorne. The only clean overtake of the race, but it frightened Stefan straight into the wall. The sole redeeming feature of the race was that it was Monaco.
Old 30 May 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3737326)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Predictably there were 1s, 2s and 3s from those people really should be watching golf, or American wrestling or something.
wut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Frankly, it wasn't very good.
Yeah, therefore it was "3"