Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Jul 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1951398)   #1
Red Baron
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
Red Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Setanta ???

I subscribed to Setanta yesterday afternoon but have not yet been able to receive a signal on any of the major Setanta channels i.e Setanta 1,2, Golf, NASN etc.

I've spoken to both Setanta and Sky, who have both talked me through the same LMB setup changes and rebooted to box but nothing has worked.

Sky say that Setanta aren't sending a strong enough signal and Setanta say they can't send a stronger one

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, do you know the solution? Am I destined not to be able to watch full BTCC coverage ?????
Any help would be much appreciated.

Rosie

PS: I do receive Racing UK and Racing World, which are part of the Setanta package......but they don't interest me
Old 1 Jul 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1951411)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Sounds a bit odd. It worked for me after an hour, although they did say it could take up to 48hrs. There are times I can't access Setanta Ireland, but only when F1 is on. I think it's something to do with the F1 licencing agreement (ie - Only ITV can show it in the UK). It's a shame because they show Friday practice.

The worst thing about having Setanta is having to watch every minute of every race on BTCC weekends. I sit there stoically on the couch thinking 'I've paid a fortune for this, I'm going to watch every second'. You get live NASCAR Cup races too, which is a bonus.

Last edited by Super Hans; 1 Jul 2007 at 15:01.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1951439)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's the other way for me - subscribed for Nascar and get BTCC as a bonus which I occasionally dip into.

I've also been having a problem with NASN of late - it's okay with Setanta Ireland and Setanta 1/2 - where the picture is all jumpy and stuttery. Not sure how to describe it but it's presumably due to a weak signal as it freezes completely as soon as it starts to rain heavily (which, let's face it, it does a lot right now) The sound is fine rain or shine. Any ideas?
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1951443)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm. I am having no problems whatsoever...

(He says as the signal drops out in time for the Cup race tonight).
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:32 (Ref:1951448)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thankfully I am fine for tonight as they show it on Setanta Ireland for whatever reason. However it is most frustrating when trying to watch the latest edition of Nascar Now or the Yankees getting tonked again
Old 1 Jul 2007, 16:02 (Ref:1951485)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I've not had those problems either. It sounds like your common or garden weather interference. I might tune in for this Cup race later.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1951590)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Errr...I am on Setanta Ireland. It is televising some utter balls at the minute. Not only that, but it keeps saying they can't get "cricket coverage on due to tech difficulties".

Where is NASCAR?
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1951603)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Apparently we have to wait until the end of the cricket?! Like, wtf, they don't even have the cricket. It's all very Eurosportesque.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1951604)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

"Live NASCAR Nextel Cup follows at the end of the cricket".

This bugs me. First of all, when did this transpire. Secondly, cricket does my head in. Thirdly, it isn't even on.

Arse!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1951605)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
****ers.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:15 (Ref:1951609)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm literally about to explode with excitement!

Hooray the cricket is back on!

When does it end? Does anyone here understand cricket? Please help!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:17 (Ref:1951612)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
FFS it's not even an interesting game - wtf gives a toss about India vs South Africa?! Can't imagine there's a huge audience for this in Ireland?

Reqired run rate 5.55. Current run rate 3.45. It's not even a game.

Looks like it could drag on for a couple of hours yet.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1951614)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oooh they just apologised to the viewers for loss of signal in the last few minutes. How about apologising to us who have to sit through this shyte?
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1951615)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

A couple of hours?
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:21 (Ref:1951618)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
There is hope. Apparently it is rain affected so has been reduced to 31 overs. Currently they've bowled 12. I am not amused.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1951626)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

17.5 overs to go. 18 minutes until race start. Oh dear.

I hope they show us delayed coverage then, but no doubt they will cut straight in with about 30 laps to go.

Disgraceful.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1951632)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I shall be writing to my MP. As someone who usually misses the end of the race, due to having to go to bed for an early start, I had really been looking forward to being able to see the whole race. Especially when I saw the grid
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:33 (Ref:1951634)   #18
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
How frustrating is this?

It's just not cricket. Or rather, it is.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:41 (Ref:1951643)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just 86 balls to go!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1951683)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Feel the excitement... some fella just got run out. Woohoo! Come on Safrica! Still, I've managed to print off a couple of letters I needed to send (cba with writing to Setanta tho - I guess there's not much they can do if the cricket over-runs (although the 'technical problems' they had earlier could have been used as an excuse )) AND had a shower. So now I'm ready for the racing...
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1951751)   #21
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
And then when the racing comes on screen, they are already 1/3rd of the way through the race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I regret the day Setanta ever took over NASN.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1951755)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Lots of ad breaks too.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1951756)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Hopefully the number of ads now mean we'll run without ads right to the end.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1951762)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You were saying?
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1951794)   #25
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
However it is most frustrating when trying to watch the latest edition of Nascar Now or the Yankees getting tonked again
Thanks for the info that they show it, watching the Yankees getting spanked sounds like it would be worth Setanta ... shame I have freeview not Murdochvision...