Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Feb 2002, 09:38 (Ref:212182)   #1
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
UK race entry fees?

Does anyone know how much it's going to cost to enter a Nat B club-level race this year? It was mostly £150 per race last year for me, but there's a rumour that the prices are being put up again .. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Old 8 Feb 2002, 10:34 (Ref:212196)   #2
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll start the bidding at £155 (guestimate)
Old 10 Feb 2002, 00:22 (Ref:213440)   #3
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on the BRSCC site in the Getting Started section it mentions entry fee's of £125 in the cost breakdowns.
Are these prices about right or years out of date ??

http://www.brscc.co.uk/getting_started/index.htm

Also the running costs it mentions for the various championships, do they sound realistic ?

such as

Trailer (second hand) £300 ???

Safety clothing/helmet £300 ??? hmmm a helmet alone can cost that.
Old 10 Feb 2002, 09:59 (Ref:213568)   #4
Nick Sanderson
Rookie

Nick Sanderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The SMRC try to keep the race entry fees down so ours for 2002 is £130 or £190 for a double-header event.

The XR championship are not getting an away meeting this year though so all our rounds are at Knockhill. This is because the costs for Croft and Oulton Park are considerably higher than previous years.

Nick.

Old 10 Feb 2002, 22:22 (Ref:213800)   #5
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by woodyracing
on the BRSCC site in the Getting Started section it mentions entry fee's of £125 in the cost breakdowns.
Are these prices about right or years out of date ??
Thos are years old - probably 1999/2000. The prices have gone up recently by quite an amount, and there's a rumour that prices this year could be as much as £175. And for us BARC members, we have to factor in another £200 for a transponder

Quote:
Trailer (second hand) £300 ???
Yes, perfectly possible. I'm looking at a good lightweight trailer for £490..

Quote:
Safety clothing/helmet £300 ??? hmmm a helmet alone can cost that.
You can get a helmet for about £90 (HISL - see Demon Tweeks) and overalls could cost as little as £175 (from memory), so again - £300 is reasonable. Can't remember whether boots are optional, but balaclava and gloves are.
Old 10 Feb 2002, 23:42 (Ref:213844)   #6
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok thanks Chris, seems that everything is getting more and more expensive :|
Old 11 Feb 2002, 14:42 (Ref:214070)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So far entry fees have been £130+. £160 seems to be quite common for what I'll be entering...
Old 12 Feb 2002, 00:31 (Ref:214337)   #8
Red Dog
Racer

Red Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750mc entry is about £110 - £135 depending on circuit. seems a bit less than some other clubs.

Boots, FR gloves, balaclavas and underwear all all strongly recommended in the Blue Book - section Q Safety Criteria, they are not mandatory. However, if you have not been racing before you will feel very vulnerable without all the safety gear. Minimum helmet standard is BS6658-85 Type A or Type A/FR - Type B is no good and will be rejected as will any helmet with marks or evidence of an impact when it is inspected at scrutineering. The scrutineers always check the overalls and helmet carefully. DT sell the correct stuff, but most motor cycle helmets are Type A.

In a lot of single seaters or Clubmans cars there is naff all room for your feet and you'd struggle to get your slippers in! Buy the boots, they feel really good. Of course, if you're going to be racing a truck.....

The stuff in the DT catalogue is all okay but remember that they will usually give 10% discount to club members!! Since that must be almost everyone it probably means they build it in to their price! I went to GP Racewear shop as I didn't fancy mail order but they were rather poor at sending on the things they didn't have in stock. DT are usually fairly prompt.
Old 13 Feb 2002, 11:14 (Ref:215116)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, we complain that we have it tough here in Australia, but you guys have it much worse. Here in Queensland entry fees for a club/state level race meeting range from $170 - $220. That's about 60 - 80 quid to you pommies. How on Earth do you manage it?
Old 13 Feb 2002, 15:49 (Ref:215249)   #10
candfracing
Rookie

candfracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, yet to be confirmed, that the entries will be about £175 a race. Hope not!
Super Mighty Mini #30
C&F Racing
Old 13 Feb 2002, 15:59 (Ref:215257)   #11
Nick Sanderson
Rookie

Nick Sanderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's getting ridiculous!

We're paying £130 pounds and we do not have to pay a registration fee for the championship anymore (and I still moan about it!)

This is supposed to be 'clubman' racing where anyone can have a go in a 'cheap' racing series. If prices keep escalating, then we will start getting smaller grids and eventually less races.

This doesn't even take into consideration other matters such as Transponders (£180+) which are now compulsory.

Nick.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 14:31 (Ref:220085)   #12
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC Entries for this year are £140 - that's up £5 from last year. Except Brands which will be £10 more as always ! Plus the cost of the transponders of course, the introduction of these is supposed to keep costs down because they don't need so many timekeepers, well may be that's happening, maybe the fees could have gone to £145 ???

Last edited by Tony Harman; 21 Feb 2002 at 14:32.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 22:46 (Ref:225439)   #13
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
my neighbour is about to return to rallying. i managed to find one "clubmans event" that was after £325 for 45 miles or compteitive stages for him!!!

He picked up Nomex 3 layer suit, helmet and gloves for £310ish. You just have to hunt really hard for sales and avoid places that include the "Tweeks added tax"...
Old 6 Mar 2002, 14:57 (Ref:229290)   #14
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant believe it, just got all the entry forms through and its £170 to enter a brscc race. Whys it gone up so much? I bet the £350,000 catch fencing at Quarry corner, Combe has a lot to do with it?? Dont mind too much as long as we see more improvements.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 10:34 (Ref:240736)   #15
RacerX
Rookie

RacerX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, can confirm £170 and transponders for most series have been dropped. I know one thing - the BRSCC have stated that Formula Ford is their most profitable series.... so maybe a reduction in fees
is in order.

I think they need a review, or maybe a revolt?
Shouldn't be able to increase ALL fees year after year for entries, testing.......
Old 21 Mar 2002, 11:03 (Ref:240752)   #16
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've also gone through some of my entrys (Combe ff1600) and the fee for the powertour entry in June is £200, now I know we get 5 extra laps in the race but.....getting silly now.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 20:33 (Ref:241059)   #17
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC entry fees for our championship are £140 single race £220 for double header. The BRSCC is £185 for single and between £295 and £345 for double headers which is taking the micky. They blame the circuits but the hire costs are the same for both clubs. It seems the club man is paying for the BRSCC lossses from the V6/V8 and ICS.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 22:19 (Ref:241997)   #18
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have found out today that the reason that the BRSCC is charging us £345 for our double header at Snetterton is because we are getting two 20min qualifying sessions and two 25 lap races, so we aren't getting the raw deal we first thought.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 20:20 (Ref:249296)   #19
peterritch
Rookie

peterritch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately BARC are charging us Caterham Graduate / Supergraduate races between £ 140 and £ 220 (yet to find out about the Festival at BH - always the most expensive).

At last weeks' BARC agm we were told by Dennis Carter that there was no choice with costs, but in real terms has not increased for a couple of years - even though the circuits are charging more for use, and timekeepers are increasing their fees significantly. This was why transponders were made compulsory for all BARC races (and will be in the BRSCC next year) - in the hope of keeping the fees the same or lower if possible.

I guess you will get cheaper races at 750MC - but its all about balancing the entry fees with car set up costs - my Caterham needs no real testing or modifications between races therefore is relatively cheap to run.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 10:59 (Ref:252575)   #20
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just received a booklet from BARC SEC (South Eastern Centre) they are organising races at Lydden, Brands, Silverstone but their fees are in the range of £100 for 20 laps at Lydden - now that's more reasonable. OK so they're not high profile meetings but they are RACES !!!
Also Darlington M/C seem to organise some good club events, not just at Croft either and their fees seem to be around £120.
Horrific to see the BRSCC fees are so high - you're quite right Garry, this is purely to recover losses on the big series a couple of years back.