Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Apr 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3724236)   #276
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't think anyone expected Hanninen to be anywhere near on tarmac though did we.

They should have used 3 drivers int he team and put someone else in for the South Europe rounds, silly really.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3724295)   #277
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Don't think anyone expected Hanninen to be anywhere near on tarmac though did we.
But Haninen hasn't been close anywhere yet, he's not really looked like being able to match Latvala so far.

He's not having a good day today either - he's hit a bridge, damaged the rear suspension and been on fire a bit.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3724319)   #278
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He got the ride due to his passport I would think, seems Makinen wanted an all Finnsh team, those days sadly are gone.

Hanninen is not a great prospect to be honest, but I think he will come into his own on the gravel events far more.

And you have to think this is their first year and Toyota rarely put massively expensive drivers into their cars initially, McNish and Salo in F1 remember!!

But I think this decision was all Tommi
Old 10 Apr 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3725398)   #279
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that was a bit unpredictable wasn't it? Meeke seemed to have the field licked until something rare these days happened and the engine let go in a fairly major way.

Four different winners now (Hyundai needed that) but Ogier's consistency keeps him at the top; although I wonder how many toys he might have thrown at Malcolm Wilson behind the scenes when the hydraulics problems occurred,
Old 29 Apr 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3729921)   #280
cg7aa
Veteran

Argentina

One of the most challenging rallies on the calendar and not a single word about it? Come on chaps!

I nearly posted yesterday to ask if we would see the cars flying on El Condor?

Day one was full of drama, the stages took no prisoners whatsoever and some of the onboards were quite unnerving to be honest. Still, a really nice surprise to see a new face leading the timesheets and a returning face not doing too bad either. Fingers crossed.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3729944)   #281
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
One of the most challenging rallies on the calendar and not a single word about it? Come on chaps!

I nearly posted yesterday to ask if we would see the cars flying on El Condor?

Day one was full of drama, the stages took no prisoners whatsoever and some of the onboards were quite unnerving to be honest. Still, a really nice surprise to see a new face leading the timesheets and a returning face not doing too bad either. Fingers crossed.
I've not caught much of the coverage so didn't really have enough of a grip on what was going on to comment. As you say though - it's good to see a new name at the top of the timesheets. The Fiesta looks to be very good on gravel doesn't it? All the Fiesta drivers have been posting good times at various points. I saw Meeke had rolled his car into a ball as well.
Old 2 May 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3730598)   #282
cg7aa
Veteran

Well, that was close wasn't it?
Old 2 May 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3730609)   #283
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
Citroen may have resolved the handling issues from the Monte-Carlo car specification. Shock absorbers, active diff - it may have only been some lines of code with a few errors.
https://youtu.be/tm0oc1MAk80?t=1m20s (meeke - corsica test)
Breen looked quicker at his test.
Judging from Argentina, it seems Citroen still have issues with the cars launching itself at the scenery due to minor bumps......
Old 2 May 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3730616)   #284
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or that they run too soft suspension.
Old 3 May 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3730730)   #285
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
That was a huge accident wasn't it? Meeke does seem to be following his mentors technique of 'quick or crashed' doesn't he? Gutted for Evans to lose it by such a narrow margin, it's still a great result for him but the win would have been so much sweeter.
Old 3 May 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3730734)   #286
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I was gutted too for Evans, would be nice to have another British winner and two first time winners in world motorsport on the same day, but hey, at least he gave it his best and second is not that bad
Old 3 May 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3730792)   #287
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
McRae would be proud of Meeke. Perhaps too proud.
Old 3 May 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3730825)   #288
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meeke's offs are due to the car more than a driver issue; you only have to see footage of the car taking off bonnet first to know there is something wrong with that car.
Old 19 May 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3734453)   #289
cg7aa
Veteran

Portugal is underway. Let's see what difference the reported updates to the Yaris amkes.
Old 19 May 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3734458)   #290
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Portugal is underway. Let's see what difference the reported updates to the Yaris amkes.
The updates must be working - Latvala leads

Looks to be quite close so far
Old 23 May 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3735559)   #291
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The updates must be working - Latvala leads

Looks to be quite close so far
It started well and then all hell appear to let loose with leader after leader falling by the way side. Guess who kept his head?

The crowds on Fafe was huge!
Old 24 May 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3735630)   #292
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
It started well and then all hell appear to let loose with leader after leader falling by the way side. Guess who kept his head?

The crowds on Fafe was huge!
I watched the last 2 days highlights last night - it looked like a great event. The number of drivers that lead was impressive - but one by one they fell away and Ogier took the win. I really think Latvala should have parked it after his roll and let Neuville have a clear run through - tooling along in road mode throwing up all that dust blinding Neuville was not great.

The crowds on Fafe were massive weren't they? I guess with that big jump there they know there's going to be action - one of the Skodas landed on its nose and rolled end over end which was an odd one, it didn't seem to fly level like most of the cars - it seemed very nose heavy.

All in all a great event I think - really enjoyed that one.

I see that Citroen have signed Mikkelsen for the next one (replacing Lefevbre) - an interesting move - presumably Citroen have hit the 'panic' button as they're bottom of the pile at the moment.
Old 24 May 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3735633)   #293
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I guess with that big jump there they know there's going to be action - one of the Skodas landed on its nose and rolled end over end which was an odd one, it didn't seem to fly level like most of the cars - it seemed very nose heavy.
I saw that, I wasn't certain but I thought it looked like the driver braked on the crest, I wondered if that's what caused the car to nose over so much?

Quote:
I see that Citroen have signed Mikkelsen for the next one (replacing Lefevbre) - an interesting move - presumably Citroen have hit the 'panic' button as they're bottom of the pile at the moment.
I'm sure Lefevbre is a talented driver, but he is a waste of one of those C3 WRC's in my personal opinion!

Another great event. Ogier fought hard for the win, though I was disappointed when Tanak lost the lead. Thus far Ott has been the driver of 2017 for me.
Old 24 May 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3735639)   #294
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Tanak's time will come, he's certainly giving it his all
Old 9 Jun 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3739650)   #295
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Another rally another Meeke crash looks like he's rolled it again. Evans has also binned it today and Sordo has trouble too.

Paddon leads from Haninen - didn't think I'd be typing that!
Old 9 Jun 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3739714)   #296
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Citroën should hire proper drivers. Good to see Mikkelsen with them.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3739808)   #297
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Heard from a guy that got some links to Mikkelsen that Mikkelsen thought the Citroen was all over the road and that the 2017 Polo was much better. Something is definitely wrong at Citroen.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3740322)   #298
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
So Tanak finally gets a win (and he's deserved it - he's been impressive this season.

Other news is that Meeke is out for Poland - Mikklesen, Breen and Lefevbre are in the Citroens.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3740597)   #299
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed on the daily highlights the announcer mentioned how difficult the Citroen seems to be to drive every time they showed Mikklesen on screen.

I think the relative lack of immediate pace from Mikklesen along with Meeke's crashes makes Craig Breen's consistency all the more impressive.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3740654)   #300
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
I noticed on the daily highlights the announcer mentioned how difficult the Citroen seems to be to drive every time they showed Mikklesen on screen.

I think the relative lack of immediate pace from Mikklesen along with Meeke's crashes makes Craig Breen's consistency all the more impressive.
Breen is more keen about keeping it on the road though while Meeke wants to go for the win. But I agree, Breen is doing a very good job.

Perhaps there is lack of budget or maybe Meeke has been way off when developing the car.