Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 23 Nov 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2587731)   #1
XxREDxX
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA
XxREDxX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
U design it, I will build it Contest. Up to date thread.

Here are all of my posts so far. I guess I can’t expect everyone to look through the entire first thread, would like to answer questions once not a million times.

1 I have the land for a race car track. All I need know is a design. I'm wondering how active this site is, and would there be people willing to submit there designs? Of course if chosen u will be given full recognition as the designer, and have a part in the naming of the track, u would definately be able to drive it any time u wanted. Let me know if ur interested. If there is a good amount of interest, I will give u info on the proposed race track site (size wise and terrian wise and any other info u request u feel necessary), and what I would like to be included in the design, so u can get started on ur designs. Thank You
2 I'm open to any suggestion to get this done, that is fair and to the best interest of all parties. Please email me directly with any conserns and issues. I want to make sure all issues are solved before i post track info. And want more feedback on what u guys need or would like for this to happen.
3 The Tracks location will be in Sacramento, California USA
Which is East of Infineon Raceway about an 1 1/2hr away, and Noth East of Laguna Seca about 2 1/2hr away. Figured i'd give a little info to keep
ur interest. I hope this dream can become a reality. I know tracks don't get built overnight and I'm ready for the long haul. Looking forward to this experience with u guys.
4 Yes i understand more info is needed. Want to get everything squared away first
5 Don't want there to be any issues for anyone. All thou everyone can't be pleased all the time, i will give it my best try.
6 If ur viewing and are interested please reply, by contacting me through my tag
7 I want all issues solved before any of that. Don't want this to be a waste
Have to be patient to do this the right way

8 Please spread the word. I will be setting a deadline soon after I talk to a moderator on this website. I want all issues solved. Then we can get to the fun part, i didn't expect any issues when i first posted this. I don't want any to spoil this.

Thank You
Old 23 Nov 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2587849)   #2
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would you be so kind to fill in this simple questionaire? I included all relevant questions I could think of. If anyone has more questions which should be in this questionaire I'd like to know. I have assumed that you primarily want a roadcourse. A dragstrip or an oval on its own would be easy enough for you to do yourself

Track related questions:
1a: Do you want an oval to be included.
1b: If yes, do you want this oval to be quarter mile, half mile, three quarter mile, one mile or, given it's possible, longer?
1c: Do you want this oval to be flat or banked (more banking equals more money spent)?
1d: Do you want this oval to be combined with the roadcourse or not?
1e: If you want it to be combined, do you want it to have an outfield section or not?

2a: Do you want a dragstrip included?
2b: If so, do you want it to be quarter mile, 1000 feet or half mile?
2c: do you want it to be incorporated in the roadcourse?

3a: Do you want an outdoor kart track to be incorporated?
3b: If so, do you want this kart track to use a section of the larger roadcourse?

4a: Do you want a rallycross track (semi paved roadcourse of about 1000 yard to a mile in length) to be incorporated?
4b: If so, do you want this rallycross track to be part of the larger roadcourse?

5: Which versions should be able to be used at any given moment (example: a version of the roadcourse, kart track and oval should be available at any given time)?
Race related questions.
1: What type of races should this track be able to host?
Old 23 Nov 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2587897)   #3
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an avid designer and race enthusiast, I wouldn't mind doing this for free,it will only cost you an airline ticket and the cost of shipping my bike there or renting a decent one in the neighborhood...

So just send the google coordinates or a reference so that I can have a look.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2588063)   #4
lavenlaar
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
lavenlaar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This would be a lot of fun
Do you have the topographic maps or surveyors plan of the area in question?
What distance would you like the track to cover? Multiple configurations?
Contact by PM

Brendan

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 24 Nov 2009 at 01:23. Reason: removing email address
Old 23 Nov 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2588130)   #5
XxREDxX
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA
I do appreciate all the responses and people viewing this page. Haven't had any contact with the moderator today, so i will leave it up to the masses(the people). So is it agreed the reward for the winner is simply to be recognized as the designer and to have a part in the naming of the track, and i would also extend a working and mutual relationship with the winner to get input from him and others on this page if he allows this, so that this track is built the correct way the first time. In such a mutual relationship I will take into consideration any requests the winner has as compensation for his time and effort. I believe the reward for winning is satisfactory enough in regards that all parties get something out of this. Let me Know if all of u guys agree or don't agree.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2588132)   #6
XxREDxX
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA
How does riding my 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 sound, it should be fully moded by then as a good enough ride, just don't drop it or I will have to kill u. jk lol These are tottally the types of requests i wouldn't mind make happen.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 02:13 (Ref:2588179)   #7
XxREDxX
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA
Any one willing to help me use gmap pedometer to get the track border outlined, will provide rough sketch of site to them first. Please only reply if u know how to use this. Thank You, looking forward to ur help. Was told by the moderator this would be the best way of showing the site to make it easy on everyone. If u have other ways to get better data from a map then do so, i will give an exact address when the time comes. Thanks Again
Old 24 Nov 2009, 02:53 (Ref:2588191)   #8
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxREDxX View Post
How does riding my 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 sound, it should be fully moded by then as a good enough ride, just don't drop it or I will have to kill u. jk lol These are tottally the types of requests i wouldn't mind make happen.
Ohh don't you worry!!
If I wreck your piece you can have have either my R1 or my R6

tho' I'd love to have us both on bikes, that could be a lotta fun ..
Old 24 Nov 2009, 03:04 (Ref:2588196)   #9
XxREDxX
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA
Nah

I like my Triumph way to much.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2588204)   #10
XxREDxX
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA
Sweet

Nevermind i figured this program out so far. If i have problems ill be sure to let u guys know. Will be finding out exact Border for the site within the next couple days.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 04:42 (Ref:2588210)   #11
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I have the terrain and map? Also some pictures if you can. I definitely have some corner names, too. But I'd love to have a go at it and see what you think.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 04:50 (Ref:2588212)   #12
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
I'm glad you're a motorcyclist. You will better understand the concept of safety and he importance of adequate run-offs, a track that may be deemed safe for cars it's not necessary safe for motorcycles but a track good enough for motorcycles is likely totally safe for cars.

And I hope you're thinking bikes!! !
Old 24 Nov 2009, 05:12 (Ref:2588219)   #13
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
I'm glad you're a motorcyclist. You will better understand the concept of safety and he importance of adequate run-offs, a track that may be deemed safe for cars it's not necessary safe for motorcycles but a track good enough for motorcycles is likely totally safe for cars.

And I hope you're thinking bikes!! !
Not necesarily, in the netherlands there are two street circuits for motorcucle racing which realy are too dangerous for cars. One of them, Oss, has a mini canal in the run off area of the fina turn. There's only a wooden bridge to compensate.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2588259)   #14
Sideswipe
Rookie

Sideswipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I right in thinking you want this venue to challenge the likes of the top circuits in America and not just a little track of tarmac on a piece of land? If so, good luck! This looks brilliant...
Old 24 Nov 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2588343)   #15
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Alexander86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive got some more questions to add to Quintins list:

6. You're talking about bikes. What kind of other vehicles do you want to use? Or just bikes? Very important for both the design of the layout and the safety features.
7. What facilities do you want on the site? In a later stage it might be useful to think about drainage and lights, depending on budget and use of the track.
8. For what purpose are you building this track? Local fun, driving school, top level racing, car or bike testing without any competition ever?
9a. What kind of track do you want? Modern, Tilke like or an old school track designed by the form of the land it's built on?
9b. Which existing tracks do you like, and why?
10. Budget. What are we talking here? Can you spend 15K on a small go kart track or 300 million on a top level motor sports facility? Although you probably would have hired a full prof if you had that much to spend.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2588349)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh good point - I'd like to know what kind of track you enjoy!

It'd give us some good scope to work with.

Selby
Old 24 Nov 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2588427)   #17
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Hi,
I didn't ask this for my own interest - I'm not going to submit a design. Not because I'm not interested - the heck I am. But I'm not a qualified designer. I know nothing of a lot of very important things I should. And, whilst designing imaginary tracks that we know well never gonna be built is simply fun - but to design a track tjhat's gonna be put to reality is a wholly different matter. Where people can get hurt because of my lack of knowledge...
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the submitted works in the other thread and I'm pretty sure most of you are gonna come up with really good ones. And that's why i asked what i asked.

bio
This quote of bio is very important. To ensure the track is safe I sugest to inform the relevant racing authorities if there are designs that aren't safe enough. If it turns out a certain design is too dangerous, post it here.

For this reason I also sugest to make a three month deadline with another month attached to edit those designs that turned out to be unsafe. So main deadline would be 28th of February and secondary deadline, on which everyone that met the main deadline must have made a design that is sufficiently safe, at March the 30th.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2588678)   #18
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Here's the updated questionaire:

Track related questions:
1a: Do you want an oval to be included.
1b: If yes, do you want this oval to be quarter mile, half mile, three quarter mile, one mile or, given it's possible, longer?
1c: Do you want this oval to be flat or banked (more banking equals more money spent)?
1d: Do you want this oval to be combined with the roadcourse or not?
1e: If you want it to be combined, do you want it to have an outfield section or not?

2a: Do you want a dragstrip included?
2b: If so, do you want it to be quarter mile, 1000 feet or half mile?
2c: do you want it to be incorporated in the roadcourse?

3a: Do you want an outdoor kart track to be incorporated?
3b: If so, do you want this kart track to use a section of the larger roadcourse?

4a: Do you want a rallycross track (semi paved roadcourse of about 1000 yard to a mile in length) to be incorporated?
4b: If so, do you want this rallycross track to be part of the larger roadcourse?

5: Which versions should be able to be used at any given moment (example: a version of the roadcourse, kart track and oval should be available at any given time)?

6a: How many layouts do you want of each type of track?
6b: What layouts do you want? Like: Long roadcourse, main short roadcourse using main pit area, secondary short layout with another pit area, 3/4 mile oval, 1/4 mile oval and dragstrip.

7: What on site facilities do you want?

8a What kind of a track should this be? Classic, Modern, Tilke (not recommended) or maybe even revolutionary (don't expect anything when you choose for this)?
8b: Which existing tracks do you like, and why?

9: What's the budget? Huub Vermeulen, creator of DNRT's zomeravondcompetitie, one of Europe's biggest amateur racing series, is involved in racetrack projects in the Netherlands and Germany and acording to him €10.000.000 should be enough.

Usage related questions.
1: What type of vehicles should be capable of safely using this track?

2: What would be the main usage of the track? Free driving, amateur racing, profesional racing, testing, training, et cetera?

Thanks to Alexander for adding important questions I couldn't think of. I hope that when answered this questionaire will help those trying to design a track at the given location to make it as much as possible to your wishes but still have enough freedom to do whatever the hell they want with it.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2588942)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
For this reason I also sugest to make a three month deadline with another month attached to edit those designs that turned out to be unsafe. So main deadline would be 28th of February and secondary deadline, on which everyone that met the main deadline must have made a design that is sufficiently safe, at March the 30th.
If there is to be deadlines shouldn't it be XxredxX that sets any deadlines ?
Old 25 Nov 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2588966)   #20
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a very exciting project. I have designed circuits which have been built (mainly kart tracks and a small club circuit). May I suggest that part of the process must also include getting FIA approvals before finalizing the track design.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2589039)   #21
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
If there is to be deadlines shouldn't it be XxredxX that sets any deadlines ?
I'm merely making a sugestion. Aren't we all allowed to sugest whatever the *** we want?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2589318)   #22
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was simply pointing out as since XxREDxX is the one who asked for help with this. He, I'm sure has his own real-world deadlines and as such any design deadlines will be announced to fit in with these.
It would only lead to confusion should your suggested time scales not fit.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 06:11 (Ref:2589390)   #23
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I was simply pointing out as since XxREDxX is the one who asked for help with this. He, I'm sure has his own real-world deadlines and as such any design deadlines will be announced to fit in with these.
It would only lead to confusion should your suggested time scales not fit.
Ok, I appologise.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2591147)   #24
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Hey XxREDxX, what have you been doing in the days passed? Do you have any news on the matter