Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Dec 2000, 17:17 (Ref:50938)   #16
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highlights of the 2000 Touring Car season. The obvious beginning would be actually being present at a BTCC meeting for the first time ever - at Silverstone. First time I'd seen it via any method other than Season Review videos...

As for races, Super Touring's final ever race was hard to beat, as the atmosphere the whole day, right through until 11pm, was awesome.
Old 4 Dec 2000, 21:53 (Ref:51134)   #17
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either of the night races... great stuff!

Not a 'highlight' as such (or maybe it was ) but Thompson backing up the tree at Dingle Dell will stick in my mind for years to come - as will the memory of that huge fat ******* who shat himself when he saw the car coming and dived head first into a ditch cos he thought Thompson was gonna pay him a little visit...!!
Old 6 Dec 2000, 08:47 (Ref:51322)   #18
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Elipino, the plan is to go back to Canberra next year. Its a long way from Adelaide, but I have family there, so it makes the trip a little more worthwhile.
Old 7 Dec 2000, 17:24 (Ref:51524)   #19
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think that's a little harsh about the camermen at Dingle Dell - considering one of them was pretty badly hurt after being hit and thenburied by the entire tyre wall...

I think everyone including THompson had bowl problems with that accident!!
Old 7 Dec 2000, 17:57 (Ref:51525)   #20
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who mentioned a cameraman ?! I was talking about the geezer stood next to us on the infield - right in line for the original angle of attach from oafman

And, as you were over that side of the track, Dan, maybe you could tell me who the nutter who ran across the track after the shunt was ? A brave man keeping in mind the way Muller was coming through there under yellows...!
Old 8 Dec 2000, 18:12 (Ref:51641)   #21
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, didn't realise that there was a plump chicken on the inside, that's on big act of cowardice diving for cover there!!

Nutter across track was probably TJ.. he's quick off the mark and a bit brave - maybe too quick for some!! But he's marshalled for 30 years now and has yet to be flattened - and I do know he's saved at least one life because of his speed to an incident..

But you raise an interesting point - would Muller have been able to stop if needed?? Waved yellow flags mean that a driver should be in full control of his vehicle and be able to stop - something that drivers don't do!!
Old 9 Dec 2000, 16:10 (Ref:51742)   #22
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having seen the season review now and having watched the various lines taken by MULLER!! - not to mention the number of wheels on the track through Dingle Dell - I'd doubt that he would have stopped there if needed.

Mind you, it's not for us to decide, is it?