Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jan 2001, 11:52 (Ref:58585)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Parity. Will it be an issue in 2001, or do you think that Project Blueprint has worked, and the common front under tray has solved all of the world's problems? Or will HRT and their invincible budget make a mockery of things once more? Will the reverse grids make it any more interesting? Also, is there a chance that the shootout for grid positions will favour some, whilst being a disadvantage to others?
Old 15 Jan 2001, 12:06 (Ref:58588)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Far out man!!

Like Crash.....

One at a time dude!
Parity - umm, dunno.
Under tray, looks like a good idea to me (see above answer)
HRT budget, is there a reason Ford should not at least go head to head here?
Reverse grids, no! I'm a traditionalist.
Shoot out for grid positions will favour the teams with the most resources. But everything else does so ....

Old 15 Jan 2001, 12:44 (Ref:58593)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Project Blueprint has only just begun....
Old 15 Jan 2001, 12:54 (Ref:58595)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm...

Stage 2: Make all of the engines Fords.
Stage 3: Have a salary cap for the teams.
Stage 4: Move all of the races onto a floating race track in international waters so that there can be ciggarette advertising.
Stage 5: Clone all of the drivers out of a Clowndes/Tander/WW/Melinda Price hybrid.
Old 15 Jan 2001, 13:08 (Ref:58597)   #5
PBR
Rookie

PBR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Blueprint is a good idea, anything that makes the racing closer has to be good.

HRT will probably etch out an advantage somewhere.

Not in favor of reverse grids no matter who benifits.

Finally at first I think shootouts will be an advantage to those drivers who can go out and be on it from the first corner but eventually I think the rest will adapt for the most part.

Old 15 Jan 2001, 14:15 (Ref:58599)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Parity..Its getting more even by the race it seems..Ford are learning more about the Au by the day and the common undertray did help alot..i think they may have it right for 2001 ..until they start chopping bits of cars because HRT are still winning.

reverse grids...great to watch the also rans have a shot at the front..but not really the way motorsport should be ..allthough they have been doing it in club racing for years..im not sure on this one.

shoot out..totally wrong in my view..stick to what you know guys ..a shootout at every round will just get boring and meen less track time for slower cars or other classes..(oh yeh thats right there are no other classes according to Tony C.)
stick to a shoot out at the QLD 500 and Bathurst ..that way they have a significance to us the viewers..otherwise we will get to used to it and not pay attention to it as much.
Old 15 Jan 2001, 14:29 (Ref:58604)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't think there were going to be any reverse grid races this season except for the Canberra GMC 400 where it is a contractual obligation to have them.
Old 16 Jan 2001, 00:16 (Ref:58732)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I have a feeling that it will be like last season with a reverse top 6 or 10...but now that I think about it, most rounds are only going to have 2 races, so I'm not too sure...
Old 16 Jan 2001, 06:37 (Ref:58770)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion, anything is a good idea in V8 Supercars if it makes ford win!!

Old 16 Jan 2001, 09:45 (Ref:58784)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing with parity is that you have two different cars, so they are never going to be equal.
Reverse grids are a waste of time because know one ever passes anymore because of the rules and fines so not much will change with reverse grids.
Shoot outs should be left for bathurst and sandown(woops that should be queensland, which really should be sandown)
Old 16 Jan 2001, 14:25 (Ref:58814)   #11
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parity will continue as it always has. Project Blueprint doesn't address anything other than cosmetic issues. The two cars ARE different from first principals, when Project Blueprint recognises that then perhaps some progress can be made.

yours
Mark Jones
Old 16 Jan 2001, 14:46 (Ref:58818)   #12
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and the top tens for each round? Just another step in the devaluation of Bathurst, so essential to the concept of the Shell Championship Series.
yours
Mark Jones