Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: The 4 car dream team
Michael Schumacher 14 31.11%
Montoya 15 33.33%
Kimi 10 22.22%
Villeneuve 5 11.11%
Ralf Schumacher - these 4 would spend to much time in the gravel traps with each other 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Mar 2003, 06:42 (Ref:534768)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The 4 car dream team

OK, just for fun (note the bold word), due to a number of teams dropping off, we have 4 car teams.

A new team, with a mega budget, has purchased the contracts of Michael Schumacher, Kimi, Montoya, and because they can throw money away, Jacques Villeneuve.

(While I dont rank these as the best 4 drivers in F1, most would have these on their list)

The season is 2003, so we have this years rules (new quals, points, team orders, etc). This team has the superior package, so no other drivers have a real chance at the championship.

All would win races, but who would most likely be the 2003 champion?
Old 13 Mar 2003, 07:40 (Ref:534785)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nick Heidfeld.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 07:46 (Ref:534787)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I'm going to remove your signature Bike boy, no advertising allowed.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 10:41 (Ref:534883)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Schumacher or Villeneuve. Raikkonen and Montoya are both very quick, but probably lack the maturity to win the WDC at this stage. And that should be DC not RALF as option 5!
Old 13 Mar 2003, 13:00 (Ref:534986)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jacques hands down!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 13 Mar 2003 at 13:01.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 13:56 (Ref:535061)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kimi Kimi Kimi !!!!!

What would be the name of the team ????

McWilliamsFerrari ???
Old 13 Mar 2003, 14:32 (Ref:535085)   #7
bulldogspirit
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
bulldogspirit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF wouldn't cope with the competition
JV wouldn't have a chance against this opposition
Kimi would make too many mistakes, if it was 2004 then maybe!
Leaving JPM to take the glory - the fastest driver there, and he'll cope with the pressure best over the length of a season.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 17:54 (Ref:535250)   #8
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm surprised at the results, but given the general mood in the forum, I suppose it's not surprising. Kimi is a great driver no doubt, but the comparison to the overrated DC is what makes him look so good. After the last race, people were saying things like MS wasn't good enough to get by Kimi. Kimi has yet to convince me that with a car of equal speed he's faster than MS. JPM is the only guy to convincely do this. MS does have a distinct advantage due to his massive experience at the front. JV would certainly keep the pressure on, but I don't think he'd be able to beat MS & JPM.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 18:36 (Ref:535276)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... Too early to say Kimi isn't up for the battle...
Old 13 Mar 2003, 18:45 (Ref:535284)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too early to say he is.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 19:01 (Ref:535293)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Agreed...

It's so good when you're so young and have plenty time to show how talented you are !
Old 13 Mar 2003, 19:02 (Ref:535295)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Michael in my mind, by virtue of his phenomenal consistency. Whilst this would have already had him a significant advantage with the old points system, it is but further enhanced by the new one.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 20:47 (Ref:535409)   #13
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy one, Monty all the way.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 21:22 (Ref:535444)   #14
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would like to say kimi, he would be the fastest but throw it into a wall occasionally, jpm would keep suffering mechanical failures or collisions, jv just couldnt win, schumacher would as usual get the majority of the luck and would walk away with it
Old 13 Mar 2003, 22:09 (Ref:535474)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kuchi
Easy one, Monty all the way.
Agreed, but then i would say that
Old 13 Mar 2003, 23:25 (Ref:535556)   #16
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF with some ease.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 23:44 (Ref:535574)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Absolutley Tristan. I'm amazed any sane person that has actually watched a race could think differently. But there ya go, everyone has an opinion.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 23:51 (Ref:535577)   #18
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Michael by a country mile. Mix Fisichella in there, and it would be only be a half country mile.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 23:57 (Ref:535581)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Absolutley Tristan. I'm amazed any sane person that has actually watched a race could think differently. But there ya go, everyone has an opinion.
But until we see them all in the same car, how will we ever know
Old 14 Mar 2003, 00:08 (Ref:535588)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tarso Marques!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 02:50 (Ref:535646)   #21
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF. When things screw up he's a good recover, and in a team that's internally competitive I think he'd be fighting with JPM. Kimi wouldn't have the maturity to deal yet, Ralf wouldn't have the raw speed and courage to move past them, and I think JV may well be a little off the pace himself this year. Worse, in a super team his antics would get him in trouble because they wouldn't tolerate it.
I think Fisi would be a better bet than JV. I'd say he'd not win it but he'd not be frightened either and on some tracks would have a damn good go of it.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 03:06 (Ref:535654)   #22
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya if he could keep the engine from blowing to pieces.

Kimi if he could the momentum up all year.

Jacques if he could avoid getting put on suspension!

Michael if he could get to the last race with a one-point lead, and use a dirty move to clinch. Or could get Ross Braun to set up only his car with traction control and a modified refuelling rig.

Ralf? Not in a million years!!!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 03:11 (Ref:535656)   #23
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I don't no why Ralf is in with this crowd but I'm pretty sure they'd all win a few races but MS's experience and consistency would probably give him the crown. It'd be great to see Kimi, JV and MS in Ferraris though. A real acid test for Kimi to see if he's truly got the goods. I think he does though.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 03:14 (Ref:535658)   #24
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Absolutley Tristan. I'm amazed any sane person that has actually watched a race could think differently.
Why's that? When have we seen Ferrari at a disadvantage? In the last few years, any time the cars are close MS has had some competition.

Last edited by Snrub; 14 Mar 2003 at 03:14.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 03:27 (Ref:535664)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
In those situations Michael has been the force making the slower car competitive. That is the telling difference.