Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Dec 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3694455)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
STOKE ROW & NUFFIELD Motorsport w/end

July 15/16th 2017- The annual charity event much supported by tenthers in previous years. Co-organised by our Delta, many locals and Craven MC.....

Likely to include a cycle tour and BBQ on Saturday, main show on Sunday.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3694622)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
JULY 15/16th 2017!

Cheers for heading this up Mike.Sorting out the date for next year has proved difficult . This date fits in well for everyone except Fay and Alan will of corse be at another event somewhere near Northampton . I do hope those on here who have not been "Zef" and others will come for the weekend . The legend they call Gordon Streeter is returning for another year . ��. That's all for now . Merry Christmas .

Last edited by Mike Bell; 8 Dec 2016 at 14:09. Reason: Added date.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3694628)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Cheers for heading this up Mike.Sorting out the date for next year has proved difficult . This date fits in well for everyone except Fay and Alan will of corse be at another event somewhere near Northampton . I do hope those on here who have not been "Zef" and others will come for the weekend . The legend they call Gordon Streeter is returning for another year . 😊. That's all for now . Merry Christmas .
I still haven't received my appearance money from last year yet !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Dec 2016, 11:18 (Ref:3694760)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I still haven't received my appearance money from last year yet !
Ah,in the post with Christmas Card.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 23:30 (Ref:3694909)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah,in the post with Christmas Card.
Just send your bank details and passwords etc to my Lagos account, don't worry I'll make sure it's all secured and above board
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3694747)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could I please respectfully ask mods to put the dates in the title? It doesn't show up on the Tapatalk app that I use all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3694752)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Max, the dates are in the title- 15/16 July. Not really room to squeeze in again....

Maybe I can edit first post to include.....
Old 12 Dec 2016, 08:50 (Ref:3695442)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah rats. Blame Tapatalk for the problem then as the dates don't show up on my phone.

Old 12 Dec 2016, 09:37 (Ref:3695458)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah rats. Blame Tapatalk for the problem then as the dates don't show up on my phone.

It will be same for all calendar entries then Max. Best I can do is add the date to info section (under title when you open thread). Can you see that OK?
Old 12 Dec 2016, 12:57 (Ref:3695495)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

Tapatalk on my phone shows the last post under the title. So no change! Serves me right for tying to be clever and techernical

Old 12 Dec 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3695496)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Tapatalk on my phone shows the last post under the title. So no change! Serves me right for tying to be clever and techernical

So you're stuffed then unless you stop using tappytorque!
Old 13 Dec 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3695924)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:

You can borrow a couple of tin cans and a bit of string off me Max !
Old 6 Mar 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3716786)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
As some of will know, the weekend includes a Tour that finishes at the show. Here is the latest update from the Craven Motor Club-

We thought it was long overdue to let you know that the plans for this years motorsport day and tour are well advanced.

The date for has been set for the 16th of July and the Maharajas Tour will finish at the Stoke Row and Nuffield Motorsport Show as usual, but this year we will have a new start venue giving us the opportunity to provide you with new and varied route and new roads and scenery for you to enjoy.

The planned route will be approximately 60 miles but this year we are thinking of offering a further 2 hour route taking you from the show, after a 2 hour refreshment break, and looping around to arrive at the Cherry Tree Public House in Stoke Row for late afternoon drinks. If this innovation would appeal let us know, we will only do this if there is enough interest.

Regulations and Entry Forms will be available soon.Please put the date in your diary and we look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in July.

Bryan Hull
Joint Clerk of the Course and Entry Secretary
Craven Motor Club

If anyone wants to contact Bryan regarding the Tour, please pm me and I'll pass on his details.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3727683)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Entry forms now available for the Maharajas Tour. This from Craven Motor Club-

"We are pleased to announce that entries are now open for this years Maharajas Tour and we look forward to welcoming you back.

In 2017 the start venue has moved allowing us to provide more variety in the route and opening up new roads and countryside for you to enjoy, and in compensation we're offering a bacon roll and tea or coffee at the start.

The new start venue is just 6 miles south of the old start and we will now begin at the Fox and Hounds Public House in Theale and the route will take you over approximately 60 miles of Berkshire and Oxfordshire lanes before you arrive at the Stoke Row and Nuffield Motorsport Day around lunch time.

In another innovation for 2017 there is an additional 20 mile loop, after a break for lunch and a look around the show. This additional route will end at the Cherry Tree Inn, Stoke Row. If this additional route is of interest please indicate when you enter so that we know if take will be sufficient for the effort required.

Entry and food order forms can be found by following the below link

http://www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk/tour.html

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Bryan Hull

Joint Clerk of the Course and Entries Secretary
Craven Motor Club"
Old 19 Apr 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3727691)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I need to go to Specsavers Mike as at first glance I thought it said "Caravan Motor Club" that would be good cars and caravans doing a rally !
Old 19 Apr 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3727725)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I need to go to Specsavers Mike as at first glance I thought it said "Caravan Motor Club" that would be good cars and caravans doing a rally !
Don't joke about such things! Some parts of the countryside during the holiday season you'd swear it was happening........
Old 19 Apr 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3727761)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Don't joke about such things! Some parts of the countryside during the holiday season you'd swear it was happening........
Yes seen a few "mishaps" over the years on the roads, especially when they have got into a "tank slapper" and turned it onto it's side and picked the back wheels of the towing vehicle off the ground by about a foot or so
Old 5 May 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3731165)   #18
ProCo2020
Rookie

England
SE England
ProCo2020 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone Bryan Hull here. Apologies for nothing from me and thanks to Mike for keeping everyone informed.

Entries for the Tour are rolling in but as people always say spaces are available.

It's a 60 mile route with a Bacon bap and tea or coffee at our new start venue, with a lunch time halt/finish at the Show where Iain can make things up about you.

For those that want it there is a further 20 miles finishing at the Cherry Tree for a pint late afternoon.

I'm getting a taxi home from the Cherry Tree.....

If you want to do the tour drop me a line at hqmsport@gmail.com

Speak soon and I'll now be keeping an eye on this thread.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3750399)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just a few days to go now. We had our last committee meeting last night and looks like we will top 40 plus cars on the tour.Weather forecast looking cloudy but dry.Anyway fingers crossed for a good day. Cant believe this is our 9th year.
See you at weekend. Cheers Iain.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3751284)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Having ventured Darn Sarf to Knebworth for our Alfa Romeo Owners Club National meet last weekend I can't manage to get down to such latitudes again so soon, I'm afraid - but have a good weekend Iain and everyone attending!

I'll have to content myself with my DVD of a previous year
Old 17 Jul 2017, 06:17 (Ref:3752074)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Hope the show went well, and look forward to any reports or pics in due course!
Old 17 Jul 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3752085)   #22
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
The busiest yet, we were still taking gate money at 3pm! Lots of interesting cars including one of the prettiest Sprinzel Speedwell Sprites I've seen in a long time. Some nice Alfas too. Sorry, no pics :-(
Old 17 Jul 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3752120)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I will ping in a full report after but yes busiest show for sure . I did struggle as had man flu . Thank you to all tenthers especially Steve and David who both marshalled for the day .
Old 18 Jul 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3752327)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
As I said yesterday we had a brilliant show. Hope Grant will be able to post some pictures. I was so busy I did not get see any cars but I am getting told that the field was full of classic cars, bikes and yes Joe you should of been here loads of scooters.
We had to put some of the classic cars into public car park but nobody seemed to mind,. Each year I give out rosettes to the kids and they go around putting them on their favorite cars. Last year it was a green Lamborghini this year it was a three wheeled boat. I am sure Grant will post a picture. We normally get around £1000.00 in the buckets. I have just been told we got £2700.00!!!!.
WTF.
10th year next year so its got to be a stunner. Anyone got a contact for the Red Arrows.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3752329)   #25
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Iain and Team!

It did seem the busiest yet, great turnout of cars! Mrs was rather concerned that I took a major shine to the fab Ford V8 Hot Rod .... although I was also very taken with the Supercharged Prewar Squire.

The Owen Family enjoyed the Maharajah's Tour again, as did the in-laws in their XJS - so thanks to Craven MC, Bryan Hull and the rest of that team for organising that.

See you next year!