Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Aug 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2522771)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Motor Racing Career 2009?

A company which I use circulated a notice advertising a position for a young engineer completeing his degree course to do a min one year contract in manufacturing and associated Historic work.
Three replies when they were contacted ,one was in bed not interested,the second did not remember he had put in the application and still awaiting the third to answer.
These notices were to the major Racing universities including the one associated with the Bishop.

If this is typical what is to happen to motor racing tomorrow as there are very few young people about in HIstorics
Old 17 Aug 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2522776)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a look in Motorsportads,there are quite a few requests from graduates for work.Whether Historics is below their goal,your guess is as good as mine.On the other hand,whilst at Donington the other month,I was asked by a young lady if I knew how her boyfriend [Graduated in motorsport] could get employment in Historics.I introduced her to one of the best UK Builder/Preppers,she produced a nicely written CV.The catch? the boyfriend was French.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2522791)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
When I started I felt, as in many walks of life (music industry is another one) that it was a bit of a closed shop and there was scepticism about younger people, we wheren't taken seriously and people thought we'd be gone in a year or two.

I still get it to an extent, although thats as likely because I'm not afraid to say what I think. Some people don't like to hear all the facts.