Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Nov 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2784790)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Name That Race....

From the commentary below:

Murray Walker:

"One on, two on, three on, four on, five pause........., And it GO its GO and it's good for David Coulthard and Ralf Schumacher is already past Hakkinen and he's, he's going for the lead! HES DONE IT! FAAAAABULOUS. Raf Schumacher is now gonna use that grunt to pull away in the Williams BMW from Coulthard and Trulli 3rd for Jordan has also past Hakkinen!"
Its the start of a very special race for one of those drivers. But can you name that race?
Old 4 Nov 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2784801)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Knowing Murry Walker, it was probably the 2010 British MotoGP race.

And is Barry Scheene, from Surtees, Senna, Mike Hailwood and Damon Hill. And I've got to stop now because I have got a lump in my throat...
Old 4 Nov 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2784806)   #3
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden View Post
From the commentary below:

Murray Walker:

"One on, two on, three on, four on, five pause........., And it GO its GO and it's good for David Coulthard and Ralf Schumacher is already past Hakkinen and he's, he's going for the lead! HES DONE IT! FAAAAABULOUS. Raf Schumacher is now gonna use that grunt to pull away in the Williams BMW from Coulthard and Trulli 3rd for Jordan has also past Hakkinen!"
Its the start of a very special race for one of those drivers. But can you name that race?
Thats the 2001 San Marino Grand Prix!
Old 4 Nov 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2784823)   #4
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
yep!!

good knowlage frostie!!
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2784879)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I got it as well (obviously). I've still got that race on video, but I don't own a video player anymore.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2784882)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
".... IT'S COULTHARD! DAVID COULTHARD has gone off....!...... Wow, my GOODNESS, this is unbelievable!!!"

Any guesses? I actually remember this one off the top of my head. One of my favourite pieces of commentary, despite its simplicity.

Selby

Last edited by ECW Dan Selby; 4 Nov 2010 at 13:19.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2784891)   #7
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Australia 02 leading the bunch round durig the safety car after ralf and Barrachello's first corner crash? Coulthard tried to bolt and locked up and went of at turn 13?
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2784893)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Few years off mate, good effort though!

Selby
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2784904)   #9
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
".... IT'S COULTHARD! DAVID COULTHARD has gone off....!...... Wow, my GOODNESS, this is unbelievable!!!"

Any guesses? I actually remember this one off the top of my head. One of my favourite pieces of commentary, despite its simplicity.

Selby
monza 1995 warm up lap off at ascari bends??
Old 4 Nov 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2784906)   #10
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Selby
I'm going to saw the European Grand Prix in '99 at the Nurburgring
Old 4 Nov 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2784923)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
haha frostie... you're starting to scare me now

You are right! My favourite race of all time - Nurburgring 1999.

Selby

--

May I just suggest not 'sawing' it though... It is my favourite race afterall!
Old 4 Nov 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2784930)   #12
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
haha frostie... you're starting to scare me now
You'd be amazed as to how much of my day is spent watching racing!
Old 4 Nov 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2784951)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Can we ban frostie from this competition?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 4 Nov 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2784960)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"But never mind that, what about Jenson Button?"

Take your pick.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2785054)   #15
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Ok, i've had a crap day. That made me l-o-l. For real.

Selby
Old 4 Nov 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2785112)   #16
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
"But never mind that, what about Jenson Button?"

Take your pick.
Excellent!