Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Alonso 1 1.61%
Massa 3 4.84%
Vettel 15 24.19%
Webber 2 3.23%
Button 0 0%
Perez 0 0%
Hamilton 12 19.35%
Rosberg 0 0%
Raikkonen 1 1.61%
Grosjean 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Hulkenberg 25 40.32%
Vergne 0 0%
Ricciardo 3 4.84%
Maldonado 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Di Resta 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Pic 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Sep 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3300470)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Italian Grand Prix

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 8 Sep 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3300484)   #2
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Vettel was unbelievable, but my DOTR goes to Dan da Man!!!!! WHOOOOYEAAAH! show those haterz who think you can't race how it's done LOL!

Team RedBull mofo's!
Old 8 Sep 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3300487)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton. His last few laps were the only thing to stir me from my slumbers......
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:30 (Ref:3300496)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The hulk gets my vote performed well above expectations
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3300499)   #5
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote goes to the best of rest...
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3300507)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hamilton. His last few laps were the only thing to stir me from my slumbers......
He was much faster than anything else on his second set of the softer tyres. I actually thought that he would manage to get by more cars than he did. But yes, you still need to get by those cars.

Driver of the race was either between Alonso or Vettel, for me. Great pass by Alonso on Webber and he got by quite a few cars into the first corner, but Vettel was just superb, again. Vettel it is.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3300510)   #7
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hulkenberg.
Again shows what talent he has - and sadly no seat next year (currently)
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3300511)   #8
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Great pass by Alonso on Webber
It would've been had he not have forced Webber to back out of his overtake by cutting him up and giving him wing damage.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3300513)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Hulkenberg for a result way better than most would have predicted......honourable mention to Lewis for not giving up.....tho he sounded very low after the race.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3300514)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
It would've been had he not have forced Webber to back out of his overtake by cutting him up and giving him wing damage.
Sometimes you just need to know when the pass is done.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3300517)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed - as we saw on one or two other occasions.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3300530)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Hulk for me, easy. Had no right being up there in that dog of a car.

Would Sauber honestly do much worse going back to last year's car and sticking a few bits and bobs on that?

Hamilton was ok, but by his own self admission, it wasn't a good one for him.

Selby
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3300532)   #13
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
This was a tough one, actually. Vettel was superb; especially when the car began to fail. Hulkenberg showed his qualie was not a happy accident. Alonso crafted another awesome drive. Kimi and Lewis were on it and Webbo made a good start and fought hard...

Much as I like Alonso I have to give props to Seb Vettel.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3300539)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
This was a tough one, actually. Vettel was superb; especially when the car began to fail......
How much do we know about Vettel's car beginning to 'fail'? Was it beginning to fail that much more than Webber's?
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3300542)   #15
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The radio we heard here in the US indicated that Seb had to short shift the upper gears and was having issues with the RF tyre.

Of course we have no way of knowing if the issues as compared to Webber were the same, worse or not as bad.

Whatever the issues Seb drove as fast as he needed to in order to win and made sure everyone else had to drive as fast as they could in order to keep close.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3300551)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough.....
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3300552)   #17
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I give this to Lewis. It was a poor finish, but that alone doesn't tell the story. He started back in the field after an unfortunate qualifying blunder, and then had to make one more pit stop than just about everyone, and still made it into the points. He almost gained a couple more positions still at the end.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3300570)   #18
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel. Imperious all weekend, the git.

Obvious tips of the hat to Hamilton for his late charge; Webber for toughing it out with Alonso; Alonso for seemingly once again dragging his Ferrari where others couldn't.

And a really big wave to Hulkenberg, for showing us that he's ready to move up and play in a big team.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3300583)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not too sure who to give this to. Vettel was unstoppable, again. Alonso had a very solid drive. I thought Webber drove well considering he had a damaged right end-plate on his front wing. Hulkenberg for showing us his potential and there's Lewis's late charge. I thought Massa drove well, considering he plays second fiddle to Alonso.

Hulkenberg.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:02 (Ref:3300586)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton. Some fun at the end.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3300587)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3300588)   #22
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Incredible Hulk

would like to see him get a shot in a top ride
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3300591)   #23
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was inclined to give it to Vettel because he won the race in style, but I gave it to Hulkenberg because he punched far above his weight all weekend (and because he isn't German).
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3300597)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi.
Pete, you are nothing if not a consistent voter.....

I'll ask Born Racer if he can put your vote in automatically for all future polls. A week in advance.......
Old 8 Sep 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3300631)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis Hamilton, because I am British .....