Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 2013, 03:31 (Ref:3304981)   #1
hannabyjj
Rookie

hannabyjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel would blow Alonso away

I am no Vettel fan. In fact I am the exact opposite. However, I have a huge amount of respect for him as a driver and I think the stick he gets is unfair. A lot of the time people say Alonso and Hamilton would beat him in the same car. However, though I think it would be tight with Hamilton , as both are excellent qualifiers, vettel is better from leading from the front whilst Lewis has the edge on overtaking. I think Alonso would get thrashed. Alonso is a demon in the race but Vettel would hammer him in quali and sail away from the front. Although I think Alonso is a great driver I feel a lot of his great pace is from his average quali and hides the car's true pace. This year it is only 7-5 with him and Massa, Rosberg is supposedly matching hamilton at 8-4 whilst vettel has 12-0. I think Fernando would be blown away.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3304992)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
We wont ever get to see it as being team mates won't ever happen. So the outcome will always be unknown !
Old 17 Sep 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3304996)   #3
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Great thread! *sigh*

(remind to avoid the F1 section)
Old 17 Sep 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3305017)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't we have enough threads capable of dealing with this?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3305062)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is Harry Hill a tenther ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Sep 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3305118)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No. You can never have enough driver threads.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3305207)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Vettel would beat Alonso over a season, all things being equal.

Alonso has not had a great year. Last year he was brilliant, but his standards have slipped.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3305219)   #8
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
No. You can never have enough driver threads.
I have a merging suggestion for the mods, here's two NEW thread titles which should eliminate some redundancy:

Raikkonen Now With Ferrari vs Alonso vs Vettel Who Would Blow Him Away, Gets Booed, But He is Great?

Felipe Massa Leaves Ferrari as Lotus Wonders Who Will Drive for 2014?

Old 17 Sep 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3305220)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Sometimes good moderation means not overthinking things.

Putting aside incumbent advantage, I'd see Alonso edge Vettel given equal machinery. I'd see Vettel edge Hambo given equal machinery.

That's just a judgement based on my instinct and I'm sure these are scenarios that will remain purely theoretical.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3305230)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a chance on this earth that Vettel would "blow Alonso away". However, it would be close. I think Alonso would edge it, just, but give Vettel another few years and that would change. I also think they'd both beat Hamilton, but again it'd be close.

This is entirely hypothetical, of course. We saw Hamilton and Alonso together all too briefly, and there is no way we can be sure all things were equal (whatever the intent).
Old 17 Sep 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3305232)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
... thought I had stumbled onto the Crash.net forums for a moment...
Old 17 Sep 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3305236)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That good eh?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3305313)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
There is a small group of drivers right at the top of F1: Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Räikkönen, Button (the only man ever to beat LH over the course of a season in the same car, remember). None of them would "blow away" any of the others.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3305374)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Vettel can blow Alonso away from Ferrari... er... sort of blow thing...
Old 17 Sep 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3305423)   #15
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
F1 section getting all a bit fanboyz now. Oh well.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3305447)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It seems that way. Whose turn is it next?

Surely 'Hulkenburg - the Next Vettel' can't be far away.......?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3305476)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Will this forum face the TGF days again ????

There used to be some wild fanboys those days... and it was so easy to swing the bat !
Old 18 Sep 2013, 06:05 (Ref:3305572)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

Will this forum face the TGF days again ????

There used to be some wild fanboys those days... and it was so easy to swing the bat !
Those were the days !
Old 18 Sep 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3305581)   #19
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whatever Vettel does to Alonso is their business. I don't judge.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3305597)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 18 Sep 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3305740)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Certainly is their business... and business is good !
Old 18 Sep 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3305772)   #22
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I agree.

Could the mods try and crack down on this a little bit? Cheers!

Selby
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3305807)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's about as appetising a thought as when people describe those tits Cameron and Clegg as having got into bed with each other.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3305810)   #24
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's marginally less disturbing than the thought of anyone getting into bed with Eds Millibean and Balls.

/offtopic!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3305816)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England

Still, who cares?!!