Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Aug 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3663876)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I often see small camp sites dotted around near the circuit . Guess good old fashion Google search . You can camp inside if you want but grass is very limited at spa these days .
Old 7 Aug 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3663933)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
As Iain says, you see small tents erected around the paddock edges, but likely very noisy! The fields beside the road from Stavelot to Blanchimont entrance sometimes have tents in them. Also cattle......

With the GP coming up, sure there will be some info on the web appearing.

Meanwhile, Wednesday 14th has been declared a noisy track day. Expect to see HF1s dodging the odd 6hr entry.... Wonder what Thursday is being used for?

http://www.roadbook.be/trackday/#
Old 7 Aug 2016, 06:18 (Ref:3663939)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
While looking for any info on Thursday track activity (or not), found this re camping etc on the official website-

http://www.spasixhours.com/en/parking.html
Old 8 Aug 2016, 12:02 (Ref:3664320)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I've now had confirmation from Vincent that Thursday will be the normal 103db sessioned test day, with booking on arrival. So noisy testing Wednesday, quiet testing day before Q. Guess that means HF1s will be there Tuesday eve...

Old 20 Aug 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3666746)   #30
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone confirm if standard fuel tanks are acceptable to scrutineers at this meeting. Advisary notes provided by R.A.C.B are not to clear on this. States as follows:- The fuel tank must be filled with safety foam. (Other than original) I read that as original tank OK without foam but I don't want to get caught out.

Pete Richards
Old 20 Aug 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3666748)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
P M sent
Old 22 Aug 2016, 11:14 (Ref:3666988)   #32
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list as of this morning

14 x GT40s

EntryList_SpaSixHours.pdf
Old 22 Aug 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3666989)   #33
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Can anyone confirm if standard fuel tanks are acceptable to scrutineers at this meeting. Advisary notes provided by R.A.C.B are not to clear on this. States as follows:- The fuel tank must be filled with safety foam. (Other than original) I read that as original tank OK without foam but I don't want to get caught out.

Pete Richards
From today's clarification email

Point 6 : Fuel tanks
Fuel tanks of all cars in Periods A to E must be standard tanks, homologated tanks or safety tanks. It is recommended to fill tanks with safety foam in conformity with American Military Specification MILB-83054 or «D-Stop» anti-explosion foil.
For all cars of Period F, the fuel tank is free but must be filled with safety foam in conformity with American Military Specification MIL-B-83054 or «D-Stop» anti-explosion foil. It must be within the validity of homologation.
Any fuel tank must comply with the period maximum capacity specification, must not exceed the originally homologated or specified capacity.

There is then a table of maximum capacities but I don't seem to be able to copy that eg 1600-2000 1965 100L

Last edited by FISCracer; 22 Aug 2016 at 11:31.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3666991)   #34
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
This tank capacity rule is un necessary meddling IMO. It actually goes against my cars homologation with a 1500 engine and 120L. It was specifically homologated for long races.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3667017)   #35
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you, Joe, yet at the same time they are freeing up other areas that are not of the period.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 15:39 (Ref:3667028)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The regs quoted above are specific to the 6hr race, as far as I know, so may not apply to other races at the meeting. The standard RACB regs (on Spa6 website) should apply to any others.....
Old 23 Aug 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3667156)   #37
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its App K . . . . Having just had my car inspected I was told 100 L . . . . got a stony look when I said its homologated with 120. apparently I can also run DCOE 45's instead of 40's. Although that's rather pointless unless I'm running 1760 instead of 1500!
Old 23 Aug 2016, 10:43 (Ref:3667180)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I was referring to the OP's question regarding foam filling, not capacity!
Old 23 Aug 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3667203)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I see we are no 36. That is where we finished last year.
Old 23 Aug 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3667204)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Crikeee, I raced against Jochan Mass last week, now Gerhard Burger is in 6 hour.
Old 23 Aug 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3667214)   #41
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Crikeee, I raced against Jochan Mass last week, now Gerhard Burger is in 6 hour.
Gerhard Burger; " Jawhol I racing against zee famous Delta, Mein Gott I vill watch and learn."
Old 23 Aug 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3667248)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
In case they're following this thread- Apologies to Herr BERGER for the mispelling of his surname above, and JOCHEN Mass for the mispelling of his Christian name!
Old 23 Aug 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3667253)   #43
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a quasson would be an appropriate peace offering...
Old 23 Aug 2016, 19:00 (Ref:3667260)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
In case they're following this thread- Apologies to Herr BERGER for the mispelling of his surname above, and JOCHEN Mass for the mispelling of his Christian name!
Oh! Burgger.
Old 23 Aug 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3667261)   #45
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I blame Apple.

Dodgy auto correct.

Old 24 Aug 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3667320)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I blame Apple.

Dodgy auto correct.

Maybe I should fit one to my car, might sort out my dodgy driving.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 05:39 (Ref:3668746)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
One aspect of the 6hrs that has always amused (or bemused) me, is the 'Motorhome Village' that springs up in the road/area behind the F1 garages. The congestion and restriction to traffic flow the campers and 'RVs-' many with multiple slide-outs- cause is considerable, but maybe not this year......

The final instructions declare (in no uncertain terms) that no motorhomes etc will be parked in the road or against the wall behind the F1 garages, but will be located on the outside of the circuit opposite them, with access through the nearby tunnels.

Personally, I applaud the move, but it will be interesting to see how it goes down with the traditional occupiers of the space......
Old 31 Aug 2016, 07:28 (Ref:3668751)   #48
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe, just maybe this is the beginning of the organisers realising what an outstanding event they have and are now ready to start sorting some of the nonsense that has crept in over the last few years. If they really do attend to scrutineering, if they do all they say this can only make things better surely. If then finally they would sort the refuelling issues (if the Fun Cup can do it with 125 cars it cannot be impossible) then this would be perfect.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 09:46 (Ref:3668758)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Old 31 Aug 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3668821)   #50
Wriggley Monkey
Rookie

Wriggley Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa six hour Refuelling

There is a change this year in that you can only add a maximum of 100 litres when refuelling.

Anyone think that this allows the smaller cars a chance at overall victory ?