Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2016, 10:23 (Ref:3654387)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Hang on chunt, we are eight races into the season and that is the first time he has finished ahead of Ericsson, more to the point it was only the second time he out qualified him aswell, i think you might be getting a bit ahead of yourself there.
Is it really? Blimey! Just been an odd first few races for him. He fairly well thumped him last year. I like Ericcson too, and have never quite worked out why his stellar F3 form never became more consistent in GP2. Speed is there.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 15:32 (Ref:3654474)   #27
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I have never been convinced about Ericson in the past, but this season he seems to have the measure of his teammate. However, both came away from Monaco looking very stupid. Cant see a top team wanting either.

I really hope Sauber turn things around. They are looking more and more like a back row team, yet it was only 3 seasons ago that Hulkenburg was regularly in the top 10.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3654479)   #28
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
We know the Ferrari power unit is decent, so it must be the chassis that's lacking. I guess that a shortage of funds is hobbling the design office in Hinwil.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3654511)   #29
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully with the new wings and engine upgrades coming soon they will be on a par with the Haas boys at least.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3654552)   #30
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Depends if Nasr"s sponsors can get him in the STR in place of Kyvat

I'm still trying to make sense of this. Has Nasr to STR been rumoured anywhere? Wasn't he the man Marko felt to need to criticise in 2013 for not being able to win? Ironically, Gasly has a much longer winless streak than Nasr had!
Old 23 Jun 2016, 12:02 (Ref:3654646)   #31
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think it's a shot in the dark. Nasr in place of Kvyat makes no sense.
Old 24 Jun 2016, 08:01 (Ref:3654849)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I think it's a shot in the dark. Nasr in place of Kvyat makes no sense.
Preparatory to shovelling them both out the door?
Old 6 Jul 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3657239)   #33
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And now Sauber are to miss the post-Silverstone test. I hope the rumours of a shored-up financial situation are true. They need all the help they can get.
Old 15 Jul 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3658959)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
possibly some good news on the horizon...Kaltenborn suggesting that the team will soon be set to announce that new backers have been found.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ears-salvation

also hope its true!
Old 15 Jul 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3658973)   #35
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
She is a Lawyer chaps...truth can get slightly bent...
Old 15 Jul 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3658979)   #36
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
She is an F1 team boss chaps...truth can get slightly bent...
Fixed that for you
Old 15 Jul 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3658988)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hope she's telling the truth. Otherwise I think it's the end for Sauber. Not to have scored a point this year (and being the only team in that situation) is dire.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3659038)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't know what will happen to Sauber, in their first stint in the sport the same team as now managed to stay in the sport, but this year the other teams have been a good bit more competitive than Sauber and I don't know how much longer they'll be in the sport with the current situation

I feel like the team is not a bad team, but I don't know when or if they are going to get the chance to fight for a good point or two. We have to see how well they go in the next few weeks
Old 16 Jul 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3659056)   #39
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I can't work out if the car is a dog or if the drivers are very average. We know the ICE is decent, so that's not the problem. The team's failure to attend the two in-season tests for lack of updates would suggest to me the problem lies with the chassis.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 14:34 (Ref:3659058)   #40
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
They haven't upgraded it since pre-season testing though, so no wonder they have gradually slipped back, new front and rear wings and floor ready to go on it but ........ well, we all know why don't we.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 14:59 (Ref:3659059)   #41
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Their lack of progress also leaves question marks over Ericsson and Nasr, I think. Are they any good and being hindered by the car, or just average?
Old 16 Jul 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3659060)   #42
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Or, worse, are they below par?
Old 16 Jul 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3659064)   #43
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I think they are just driving a "dog" of a car
Old 16 Jul 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3659066)   #44
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
I rate Marcus very highly, always have, far more to him than just a pay driver in my opinion, as for Nasr, very steady driver more than capable of bringing home a few points when the situation arises, also more than capable of sulking and throwing his toys out of the pram aswell, look at the sulk over his chassis earlier this year when Marcus outqualified him for the first three grand prix.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 16:58 (Ref:3659067)   #45
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Do both Ericsson and Nasr bring cash? I assume the latter is tied up in the Banco do Brasil sponsorship.
Old 16 Jul 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3659074)   #46
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Both bring a very substantial amount, pretty sure i read somewhere that it is upwards of £20 million between them.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3659392)   #47
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Still amazed that Sauber didn't auction off the seats for the in-season tests to generate a bit more cash. There must be well-heeled young drivers out there who would kill for the opportunity to get some F1 seat time. Or Ferrari could have run some of its Driver Academy.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3659432)   #48
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
It is amazing that she couldn't find test drivers. Maybe the blatant dishonesty with vdG putting people off?

I hope she isn't making it up about finding investment... Nissany? Fong even?
Old 19 Jul 2016, 11:59 (Ref:3659569)   #49
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...making-17-call
Old 20 Jul 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3659779)   #50
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well the investor has a name, Longbow Finance SA. not much detail in the autosport article about the CEO and or other investment holdings they have but i imagine more will come out soon enough.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-new-ownership

the team name will remain but Peter Sauber will be retiring/leaving his board seat. both good and sad at the same time but overall seems like a new start for the team!