Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:23 (Ref:3694703)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Remember Jerez in 1997?

Almost twenty years ago, I recorded the televised broadcasts to the qualifying at Jerez, and the race itself. Turns out that I'm glad that I did, because there was alot of history made.

The qualifying was something that had never been seen before, nor will ever be seen again. Unbelievable.

The race itself led to some questionable tactics, the crowning of a new World Champion, and some disciplinary action.

Please excuse the poor quality, but when I compiled these videos it was the best I could do at the time. Yet I hope you'll enjoy anyway. Relive some memories.

QUALIFYING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHarSnMf_Pw

GRAND PRIX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYIdgyGFBM
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3694706)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Your links have been pulled. Insanely quickly......
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:31 (Ref:3694711)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's getting harder and harder to find recent F1 coverage on youtube.

I am guessing FOM actually employ people to root it out.

How unbelievably sad and pathetic!
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:33 (Ref:3694712)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
So nice to hear from you, Aysedasi. Been a long time. Too long.
The links seem to work fine for me. I really hope that they'll work for you if you try again.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:37 (Ref:3694716)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
unfortunately they're blocked for me too
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:39 (Ref:3694718)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Damn, you're right. Within minutes!
The video is almost twenty years old!

Sorry.

Hope you're well, Bella.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3694723)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FkYBcR2yus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMOLF_Jct8

The Trolls are likely here on TenTenths so these may not work for long, either.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3694737)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
This is one aspect which turns me off F1. Ridiculous, overprotective, bully-boy tactics from FOM. How pathetic.

Oddly I have had an 1991 F1 clip on my channel for well over 5 years and its still up.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:47 (Ref:3694745)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Content blocked ....🙁🙁
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:50 (Ref:3694750)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good to see you back, macdaddy

idle curiosity, does video copyright have an expiry like music does?
Old 8 Dec 2016, 11:16 (Ref:3694758)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the problem comes when you start uploading a lot of content from F1.

There was a guy on youtube who had all the ITV stuff uploaded, mainly qualifying, it was great. Made you realise what you were missing these past few years.

But that went aswell, he had obviously recorded them all and put them on VHS, copied over to DVD and uploaded.

I tend to find foreign stuff is less well policed, have watched numerous German, French and even Japanese recordings of certain F1 races.

FOM seem less interested in that foreign stuff.

I think the best policy is to have various channels and mix your uploads with other things.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3694763)   #12
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A lot of copyright claims are automated, so video name doesn't match. It matches sound and video signatures. That's why you'll find Top Gear episodes that are mirrored and slowed down a tad.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3694781)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
What if you set your video to unlisted, can the copyright trolls still see them?
Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3694784)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't need to see the videos. I have them etched in my mind. I remember watching qualifying and the race like it was yesterday.

Identical times in qualifying and Schumacher's disgraceful move on JV. That is where my dislike for MS went to the extreme and I won't ever forgive him for that. I recall he lost all his championship points, but did that include the money to go with it?

Hakkinen was gifted the race win which paved the way to two championships. Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3694786)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was a great race and I've still got part of the race on one of my old VHS, which unfortunately doesn't get to the most important bit of the race, as that is wiped by the 1998 Luxemborg GP highlights

It's getting ridiculous this bloody blanket ban by FOM. There is now a F1 channel on YouTube which shows old clips, usually just before a GP, but full races are getting harder to find, especially the English broadcasts. That's one thing I miss about BBC coverage is that you get the original broadcast highlights of old races on it's website, now that's of course gone
Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:50 (Ref:3694787)   #16
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoyed those days with qualifying engines, T cars, ongoing development, unlimited engines. Mechanics have it much easier these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3694792)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Identical times in qualifying and Schumacher's disgraceful move on JV. That is where my dislike for MS went to the extreme and I won't ever forgive him for that. I recall he lost all his championship points, but did that include the money to go with it?
Yeah. It got sent to the FIA Road Safety stuff IIRC. And Schumacher even had to attend those events.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3694828)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy View Post
So nice to hear from you, Aysedasi. Been a long time. Too long.
The links seem to work fine for me. I really hope that they'll work for you if you try again.
And you too! Shame about those links.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3694852)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What if you set your video to unlisted, can the copyright trolls still see them?
My best guess is that these are being found automatically by the Youtube system called "ContentID". Basically, someone like FOM would provide Youtube with examples of content they consider to be theirs. Such as F1 broadcasts (new and old). These create audio and video fingerprints of each item. Then Youtube scans uploads and compares it against these fingerprints. If it finds a match they it flags the video in specific ways. Such as FOM might say "block" (which seems to be the case here), but FOM could also decide to put ads on the video and FOM would get a percentage of the money. But they don't do that.

I think there are ways people try to fool the system such as picture in picture style videos that change the image enough that it may not match the initial fingerprint. I am sure FOM also submits removal requests on ones that are not found automatically.

It is unfortunate that FOM doesn't understand the power of leaving this content in place to bring in new fans.

Richard
Old 12 Dec 2016, 00:51 (Ref:3695384)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't mind the takedowns if the content was available to buy, but most of it isn't.
FOM is practically 2 decades out of touch.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 07:53 (Ref:3695430)   #21
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I wouldn't mind the takedowns if the content was available to buy, but most of it isn't.
Absolutely. I would love to have full race coverage of older races, not just F1, but touring cars, DTM, LeMans races too. You could argue there would be less work involved if it was simply a play out of an old master (without any editing involved).
Old 12 Dec 2016, 09:05 (Ref:3695447)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You can find a lot of stuff guys

You just have to dig around in the right places

Will say no more, other than not necessarily on youtube, that's too obvious now to the FOM mercs!!
Old 12 Dec 2016, 11:52 (Ref:3695488)   #23
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I pretty much agree. If someone claims "loss of revenue" I have sympathy if they are actually trying to generate revenue. But if not...

They are slitting their own throats. A generation of "potential" new viewers who are growing up with a general inability to get interested in the sport by enjoying the history. F1 of yore is quickly converting into oral history.

Richard
Old 12 Dec 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3695501)   #24
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I was there that day. My friend Hans Van Kemenade and I walked round the circuit looking for the best viewing position. Thus, the overtaking move that JV pulled on Michael happened right in front of us. You could see it developing over the preceding laps, and I clearly recall Hans suggesting that it was likely to end in tears. As it did.

Interestingly, as I recall, JV came from a long way back and was 110% committed to the move. Michael's "defensive" move was too little, too late, with predictable results. Michael's alternative strategy was to not turn in and run off the road instead. Now where have we seen that scenario unfold recently, with completely different judgements applied.....?
Old 12 Dec 2016, 15:32 (Ref:3695521)   #25
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I know I'll get shot down as a Schumacher fanboy, but in my view Schuey's move on Villeneuve, while not excusable, was not nearly as bad, because not as premeditated, as Senna's Suzuka move on Prost. Schuey panicked; Senna believed he *deserved* to win and so any means were acceptable.