Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the team of the Italian Grand Prix was?
Ferrari 0 0%
Mercedes 17 62.96%
Red Bull 4 14.81%
Force India 0 0%
Williams 6 22.22%
Haas 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Renault 0 0%
McLaren 0 0%
Sauber 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Sep 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3764062)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think the team of the Italian Grand Prix is?
Old 3 Sep 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3764125)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes. Not only did get 1st, but Bottas managed to climb up to 2nd.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3764170)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
It was good to see Williams having two cars running competitively, but Mercedes' domination makes it difficult to choose anyone else
Old 3 Sep 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3764183)   #4
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when you can dominate in engine saving mode you have to be the team of the race. Mercedes it is.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3764228)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Mercs were in a different race this time to everyone else, made the race boring but they have to get my vote
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3764230)   #6
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I voted Williams, for thier upturn in form here, but really Mercedes were the class of the field.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3764243)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams for me. Too easy to vote for the unbeatable Mercs.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3764281)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have loved to give it to Team Willie. But you can't deny that Mercedes were on top of everything and scored yet another 1-2 at a canter. Seeing them rub the tifosi's nose in it was just the icing on the cake.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 05:09 (Ref:3764370)   #9
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes, cars were ready.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3764389)   #10
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Mercedes 100%. No other team came close.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3764400)   #11
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got Red Bull. another outstanding performance from Ricciardo, and a great comeback for Verstappen to a points finish after his puncture.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3764443)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was Williams' best finish this season but Mercedes were in a class of their own. Mercedes it is.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3764553)   #13
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes are bring a gun to a knife fight
RB played the strategy well with the only team on the reverse tyre option and their driver delivered
Old 5 Sep 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3764649)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes did not exceed expectations (how could they?), Williams did much better than even they could have hoped for, so in the end it comes down to how you judge a teams efforts, I suppose.

Mercs did not have to try very hard, Williams overcame the odds.
They got my vote.*

* Only problem is I agree with Ace
Old 5 Sep 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3764745)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
while i understand the 'exceeding expectations' point of view, my personal feeling is that Williams did what they have been doing for the better part of a decade...wasting chances for success.

imo, the points came down to the drivers and not the team...a team that failed to understand their speed in quali and how to translate that into race pace and when the pressure was on messed up in the one area they excel at, pit stops.

the team has forgotten how to compete at the sharp end and i thought they underwhelmed on the team front.

so Merc for me.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3764762)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

* Only problem is I agree with Ace

Had to happen some time - simple law of averages!